Bioware its not a market shift, its your failure to live up to promises

Gidoru

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/bioware-mmo-project/1225612p1.html

This article sums it up quite succintly.

You can make excuses all you want, saying that the MMO market has shifted to F2P, but the reality is that the failure of SWTOR to reach its potential is 100% on you.

You promised frequent content and story updates.

You had a very large team.

You did not deliver.

What happened?

7 Months in and you have only added one medium size content update, basic features that should have been in at launch and NO story updates at all. What happened to story as a new MMO pillar? What happened to all this supposed story you wrote.

Let this be a lesson to your EA overlords (although you know they will simply do the same thing over and over) STOP RUSHING OUT GAMES BEFORE THEY ARE FINISHED.

Where high profile high potential games are concerned, you will make MORE money by polishing and actually finishing a game rather than releasing a half finished crappy product. You will make MORE money by building brand loyalty rather than destroying it by releasing crap. What is so difficult to understand about this? While you're at it please fire your management and hire people that actually understand how to run a game business.

Edited by Gidoru

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GL says he died so he is still good.

Beside No one is going to come out and say " Yeah this project was all my fault" What do you expect??

Id expect them to not make promises if they cant live up to them. Id expect them to live up to the promises they do make. I would also expect them to own up to their failure to keep their promises and apologize rather than pretend that they have or otherwise that they never made them to begin with.

No, it represents a market shift.

You represent a whiny self-entitled section of the fanbase, OP.

Except they promised frequent content updates and did not deliver.

Explain to me what is entitled about expecting to get what has been promised? Nothing

Go look up the word entitled because you obviously dont understand its meaning.

GL says he died so he is still good.

Beside No one is going to come out and say " Yeah this project was all my fault" What do you expect??

No he didn't There's tons of stories about Boba Fett after the events of Episode 6.

Except they promised frequent content updates and did not deliver.

Explain to me what is entitled about expecting to get what has been promised? Nothing

Go look up the word entitled because you obviously dont understand its meaning.

The game has been out 8 months and we already have 2 tiers of operations. There are 4 WZs. There are countless FPs. Did you expect content every few days?

No he didn't There's tons of stories about Boba Fett after the events of Episode 6.

Sorry that everyone is not a Star Wars nerd reads all the extended universe material. What does irrelevant knowledge of Star Wars lore have to do with an argument not related to Star Wars lore in the slightest?

You have lost all of your credibility.

When some one gives you 200 million to make something and they want to make their money back. You not allowed to say. Sorry the game is a PoS don't buy it if you ever want to work again.

The game has been out 8 months and we already have 2 tiers of operations. There are 4 WZs. There are countless FPs. Did you expect content every few days?

Again, do you not understand simple english?

They promises regular and substantial content updates every 1-2 months. I will not find the quote for it, find it yourself its out there.

In 7 months they have released 1, whereas going by their promise they should have released 3-4.

Therefore it is quite clear they did not deliver on their promises.

Sorry that you're a fanboy that needs to defend the game he plays to his dying breath despite overwhelming evidence of incompetence on the part of its developer.

lol i remmember reading this back then

The quality, the polish has to be very, very high, and then you need to have a plan to continue to deliver free content on a regular basis. If you do those things, I think you can succeed as a subscription-based game

THIS IS WHERE YOU FAILED BIOWARE YOU IGNORED YOUR OWN ADVICE.

Can you please name one P2P MMO that has come out after WoW that has been successful?

Can you please name one P2P MMO that has come out after WoW that been as good as WoW? Nope.

Futhermore can you please explain to me what this has to do with the undeniable fact that they failed to live up to their promises regarding content updates?

Edited by Gidoru

No, it represents a market shift.

You represent a whiny self-entitled section of the fanbase, OP.

LOL, do you really believe its a market shift and not plain old failure on the part of ea/bioware?

They removed a ton of stuff before launch that was in beta because they pushed the game out before it was ready then spent all thier time chasing/creating new bugs after launch.

Hundreds of people working on this game and it was a constant bugfest right from launch with no real content implemented like the op said.

3 war zones from launch and no open world pvp in place, and yet this game goes f2p. There shall not be any 'Wars' [World pvp] in 'Star Wars' unfortunately. Actually, think of it, there is no 'Star' [space combat that is actually worth playing] in 'Star Wars' either.

So what are we playing? hmmm

Again, do you not understand simple english?

They promises regular and substantial content updates every 1-2 months. I will not find the quote for it, find it yourself its out there.

In 7 months they have released 1, whereas going by their promise they should have released 3-4.

Therefore it is quite clear they did not deliver on their promises.

Sorry that you're a fanboy that needs to defend the game he plays to his dying breath despite overwhelming evidence of incompetence on the part of its developer.

The quote is in my sig so no need to hunt... to the other poster... who cares if we have a tier 2 raid... Look at a game like EQ 2 that had 4-5 raids per tier. Here we have 2 raids in tier 1 and 1 raid in tier 2.

Can you please name one P2P MMO that has come out after WoW that been as good as WoW? Nope.

Futhermore can you please explain to me what this has to do with the undeniable fact that they failed to live up to their promises regarding content updates?

Quality is subjective. Some enjoy a game, while others don't. World of Warcraft is the only P2P MMO ever that has reached those numbers. I don't believe a P2P MMO will ever reach those again. WoW is the exception to the rule. It was a freak that no one expected and no one could replicate.

There is a reason why the big MMO's coming out are F2P (Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2). I personally believe that a full P2P MMO is an out of date concept in the MMO environment and a hybrid of the two is much more suitable. I've only come to these conclusion from the facts that I've seen.

Also it is in response to your saying it is not due to a marketing shift. I disagree and believe thats the direction MMO's are going.

Edited by Redundant

Quality is subjective. Some enjoy a game, while others don't. World of Warcraft is the only P2P MMO ever that has reached those numbers. I don't believe a P2P MMO will ever reach those again. WoW is the exception to the rule. It was a freak that no one expected and no one could replicate.

There is a reason why the big MMO's coming out are F2P (Planetside 2 and Guild Wars 2). I personally believe that a full P2P MMO is an out of date concept in the MMO environment and a hybrid of the two is much more suitable. I've only come to these conclusion from the facts that I've seen.

Also it is in response to your saying it is not due to a marketing shift. I disagree and believe thats the direction MMO's are going.

WoW is just the best value for your money in the MMO market.

People aren't going to keep paying 15 bucks a month when they could get better value else where. SW:ToR tried with story and it failed. They are giving away the story for free now and you PAY for the game style elements that made WoW famous.

Which WoW has WAY WAY more of.

Edited by Lt_Latency

WoW is just the best value for your money in the MMO market.

People aren't going to keep paying 15 bucks a month when they could get better value else where. SW:ToR tried with story and it failed. They are giving away the story for free now and you PAY for the game style elements that made WoW famous.

Which WoW has WAY WAY more of.

So you believe there is only room in the MMO market for one big P2P MMO?