So...the secret space project is...

HarleysRule

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

....more failshooter, err railshooter, missions? YAY?

No, it was supposedly something other than those railshooter missions (1 per side or likely mirrored).

I can't imagine F2P has left whatever it actually was in good shape though. :(

No, it was supposedly something other than those railshooter missions (1 per side or likely mirrored).

I can't imagine F2P has left whatever it actually was in good shape though. :(

I'd actually cancel my subs if the secret space project turned out to be cancelled/butchered.

Earlier this year Stephen Reid (Bioware) created a poll asking what new mechanic/feature we wanted for TOR. The 3D space simulator option won easily. A few weeks later we started hearing about the 'super secret space project overhaul'.

If it turns out not to be the 3D Flight Sim then i'll have lost all faith in BW (not that I have much left tbh) and gone my 2 accounts will be.

Edited by Jamus_Divinus

I'd actually cancel my subs if the secret space project turned out to be cancelled/butchered.

Earlier this year Stephen Reid (Bioware) created a poll asking what new mechanic/feature we wanted for TOR. The 3D space simulator option won easily. A few weeks later we started hearing about the 'super secret space project overhaul'.

If it turns out not to be the 3D Flight Sim then i'll have lost all faith in BW (not that I have much left tbh) and gone my 2 accounts will be.

Yeah, they said there'd be a big announcement about the SSSP "soon" a couple of months ago now, which obivously there hasn't been.

I'm starting to wonder (again) if the whole thing hasn't be a big carrot on a stick. :(

Either way I can't see F2P being good for it, especially if it was a Jump to Lightspeed type of idea.

Yeah, they said there'd be a big announcement about the SSSP "soon" a couple of months ago now, which obivously there hasn't been.

I'm starting to wonder (again) if the whole thing hasn't be a big carrot on a stick. :(

Either way I can't see F2P being good for it, especially if it was a Jump to Lightspeed type of idea.

Reminds me how much I miss my TIE Oppressor.

/Sniff

We'll find out before 2013 I suspect.

Reminds me how much I miss my TIE Oppressor.

/Sniff

We'll find out before 2013 I suspect.

Actually looking at what they've put in the F2P section:

Fly your ship to victory in 10 challenging new Level 50+ Space Combat encounters.

It may just be that the SSSP was 4 more (per side) on rails missions. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It may just be that the SSSP was 4 more (per side) on rails missions. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. You'd think maybe they'd mention the secret space project coming "soon" with the other stuff in the F2P conversion announcement if it was something else, right?

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. You'd think maybe they'd mention the secret space project coming "soon" with the other stuff in the F2P conversion announcement if it was something else, right?

I'm beginning to wonder if that online poll maybe made them realise that what the players overwhelmingly wanted (a 3D JTL-style space expansion) was something they just couldn't actually ever produce.

Maybe it was even instumental in the F2P decision. :(

Until I hear Bioware state differently, this is what I feel it was all along.

The thing that makes me think that it's an idea, but nothing concrete is that if anything was being worked on it would be a massive PR boost to announce it.

Just think how much heat would be taken off going F2P if they had announced a Jump to Lightspeed space expansion at the same time?

Just think how much heat would be taken off going F2P if they had announced a Jump to Lightspeed space expansion at the same time?

Exactly. They're bragging about a new operation and warzone, as well as the new railshooter missions...you'd think anyone that took a marketing 101 course would think to mention "oh, BTW, we are going to be introducing a totally new space experience in the coming months!!". They may be tone deaf at BW, but it strains logic to think they wouldn't mention a new space experience as a coming attraction.

The spaceship railshooter portion of this game is a *********** joke and an embarassment. I'm sure that everyone expected different and when they first played it were just as stunned as I was. After laughing so hard and peeing their pants of course.

Why would you have expected something different than what you got?

It was never promoted as anything but a rail shooter minigame. Something to do on the side.

The only real embarrassment is your post. Sure, you can wish and hope for something different but what you see is what you got in this case.

It's a fun side game and nothing more.

The super secret space project OVERHAUL is not the 10 new space missions that are supposed to "expand the space experience" in a significant way. Just because we're going freemium doesn't mean it has been scrapped. TOR still has a massive revinue hall due to having over 500k subscribers so they aren't without funds to do so.

They claim they have "restructured" their team as to better produce content and manage the game. While I dunno how true that is, I suspect that means the project could be moving forward and we'll know more as fall approaches.

Why would you have expected something different than what you got?

Because they said they had a Super Secret Space Project in the works............ that would mostly be why anyone expected it.

If not for that people might just be hoping for it, but when they say something like that what are people supposed to expect? :confused:

The super secret space project OVERHAUL is not the 10 new space missions that are supposed to "expand the space experience" in a significant way. Just because we're going freemium doesn't mean it has been scrapped. TOR still has a massive revinue hall due to having over 500k subscribers so they aren't without funds to do so.

They claim they have "restructured" their team as to better produce content and manage the game. While I dunno how true that is, I suspect that means the project could be moving forward and we'll know more as fall approaches.

Could be like WAR, they didn't have enough staff to remember to turn off weekly server events or fix any bugs (or create any content at all), but somehow they had enough staff to make endless cashshop vanity pets.

That's the problem, restructure can basically mean anything they want it to mean. :(

Because they said they had a Super Secret Space Project in the works............ that would mostly be why anyone expected it.

If not for that people might just be hoping for it, but when they say something like that what are people supposed to expect? :confused:

Yes, but his post was not about some secret space shooter. It was about the current shooter and the one we have had since release.

2 different things when you're talking expectations. Read what the guy posted and you'll see.

Edited by Quraswren

Yes, but his post was not about some secret space shooter. It was about the current shooter and the one we have had since release.

2 different things when you're talking expectations.

No.

It's in the title of the thread "secret space project" - i.e. the thing Bioware has been teasing us with, with vague and tantalising comments since just after Live now.

Not about the current space shooter at all. :confused:

Check out this thread for more info on the Super Secret Space Project.

Edited by Goretzu

Just because we're going freemium doesn't mean it has been scrapped. TOR still has a massive revinue hall due to having over 500k subscribers so they aren't without funds to do so.

Honestly everything I've ever seen when a P2P goes F2P is...

1: Games revenue increases. Not terrible, point 1 is why EA is doing this

2: A high increase in dev time put into fluff content like pet, cosmetics, emotes...

3: A reduced amount AND/OR reduced quality of the primary content.

The content itself I think will be going down hill real fast after the launch of the stuff that was being worked on before f2p was forced. So after all the Makeb etc etc is out the content will take a dramatic hit. EA probably pulled the plug on the secret space project because of resources needed to produce it.

Anyway that's just my prediction/observations.

I loved this game, I highly doubt I'll still like it after the conversion.

Edited by Lithy

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.