Leveling Alts? Do it before November.

VulcanLogic

Gotta get those last two class stories done before I have to share my quest mobs, objects, and resource nodes with the incoming ninja freeloaders. Then I'll have to pound out the dailies for cash so I don't have to share those for awhile either. That'll be my biggest complaint, I think, having to share the space. And if it is my biggest complaint, well then the game will probably be a success from then on out.

I was thinking of this too, but I think they would probably just instance planets and zones, the way they have multiple instances of Fleet. Then just reduce the cooldown on switching instances.

(I like the way the game Runescape handles population and world resources. They have a bunch of different servers people can hop to at will, so if they want to play with a full server they can, or if they want to gather resources they can switch to a low pop one. Same could be done with instances in SWTOR to reduce competition.)

Another thought is, what if they "quarantined" FTP to their own instances and warzones? I doubt they would because the FTPers wouldn't "see what they're missing" as easily and would be worried about missing the friends they met in the FTP instances when they started subbing...

To add to that, it might be better to have a "PTP only" instance of each zone, for those who only want to interact with other subscribers.

Edited by Stenrik