Is this good or bad news for SWTOR??

gunnerjoe

LOTRO made it work, we sure will see if SWTOR can pull it off.

I was very frustrated about this game and still am but I will still stay subbed simply because I want this game to improve.

Hope this works and maybe we will get an actual cosmetic option for gear

I find it funny that the game started off as sub only and less than a year in, "server merges" and F2P. Am I gonna stop playing? No, As long as i'm at least mildly entertained i'll give them a few bucks a month. Cheaper than the strip bar.

LOTRO made it work, we sure will see if SWTOR can pull it off.

I was very frustrated about this game and still am but I will still stay subbed simply because I want this game to improve.

Hope this works and maybe we will get an actual cosmetic option for gear

lotro didnt made it work. Why? more content then ever? its such nongame these days. just 100 instances for gear, new zones with the same rechewed **** in it. Its not genuine anymore. I was a lotro player for 3 years when it wasnt F2P, after that it was just an arcade game with more grinding stuff then ever, where you didnt even know anymore where to start first or whatever. ********.

Smart move it should have been this way from the start...at the very least it will shut up the vendetta crowd they can now go "haha f2p fail" and go away, the rest of us can build the forum community that this game desperately lacks and is more reflective of the in game community.

LotR and TOR both have the same paticular problem...the IP is huge but not appealing to the MMO masses.You can slap a fantasy MMO together and it'll still out sub the biggest IP on earth (star wars) regardless of game quallity. TBQH i dont see it making much of a diffrence either way. We SW fans will be here regardless most of us with a sub and i suspect that were the ones holding the game up ATM anyway. Edited by TKMaster

Depends on where you stand, I am sure for the close minded f2p hater, no amount of reason will sway them. I hate to let them in on a bit of news all mmo's will have some kinda of f2p model in the not to far furure, the writing is on the wall. Hate it or love it the we pay for mmo's are changing.

LOTRO, has stated they have more people playing now than they had at launch, and DDO as well, thier profits have went up by many percentage points, once again personal preferance makes no difference, a for profit company is going to do what it can to make the most profit possible, they don;t make these games because they love us, as nice as that would be..:)

I think the jury is still out will it be good or bad depends, time will give us the answer, for sure.

It does seem like huge IP games have a problem, look at the Rift went under the radar, no one had any real expections for the game, and it s huge hit for Trion Worlds.

Edited by kevlarto

Smart move it should have been this way from the start...at the very least it will shut up the vendetta crowd they can now go "haha f2p fail" and go away, the rest of us can build the forum community that this game desperately lacks and is more reflective of the in game community.

LOL. The communities will actually get worse with all the kiddies FRP/Fremium will bring to the game. The vitriol you will see on servers and in the forums will be 10x worse.

All I can say is they went from a potential titan in the mmorpg genre to a joke in 7 months, if you can figure it out I feel really bad

People read the writing on the wall after feb when subs started hemorraging

We were stubborn and gave bioware every opportunity to turn the ship around

The executive producer and combat lead george zoeweller ( used to be all over these forums) jumped ship....leave now with your money and dignity