Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

How many coins do subs get?

Wolfninjajedi

As said in title, anything on how many cartel coins subscribers are going to get per month? Or has it yet to be said? Think a reasonable would be 250 per month, or 150. Sure its a little low, but its not as if you can't save up the coins and it isn't as if the things will go away on the market. Maybe a special once or twice every few months or so, increase it to 500 coins....I dunno just trying to make a positive spin on things for subs, stayed subbed we won't have to purchase coins with real money since they are going to be paid for by our sub anyway.

Current/Former Subscribers: Receive 150 Cartel Coins for each paid month prior to July 31, 2012. For example: If you played 3 months, you receive 450 Cartel Coins.

Collector’s Edition Pack = 1000 Cartel Coins Special Appreciation Reward (Launch in Fall 2012)

Announcement Months = 200 Cartel Coins per Month (August – Launch in Fall 2012)

Launch of New Free-to-Play Option = 250 Cartel Coins Bonus (Launch 2012)

http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6449

Edited by Porac

In everquest2 when they went f2p the free coins they gave only allowed a token purchase...normally 1 or 2 items a month. BW wont be giving out alot of them to be sure... and the items on the Market WILL be the best looking stuff in game you can guarantee that.

As said in title, anything on how many cartel coins subscribers are going to get per month? Or has it yet to be said? Think a reasonable would be 250 per month, or 150. Sure its a little low, but its not as if you can't save up the coins and it isn't as if the things will go away on the market. Maybe a special once or twice every few months or so, increase it to 500 coins....I dunno just trying to make a positive spin on things for subs, stayed subbed we won't have to purchase coins with real money since they are going to be paid for by our sub anyway.

We haven't announced the official amount for after we launch the free-to-play experience, but I can assure you that subscribers will be rewarded monthly. :)

We haven't announced the official amount for after we launch the free-to-play experience, but I can assure you that subscribers will be rewarded monthly. :)

Rewarded monthly. But at what scale ? Will this be enough to buy a couple of useful things or nice cosmetic gimmicks or will it barely be enough to buy the cheapest item in your future shop ?

When will the first moment we can upgrade our stats (endurance, willpower, ...) with cartel points? I know its just a matter of "right timing" but can you give me at least a heads up?

Rewarded monthly. But at what scale ? Will this be enough to buy a couple of useful things or nice cosmetic gimmicks or will it barely be enough to buy the cheapest item in your future shop ?

a lotro mount costs around 10 € to give you an idea on how well people think lotro did on the F2P stuff !

Edited by Kozzmozz

Throwing numbers of coins around is pointless without knowing how much the stuff you can buy actually costs. If they follow the model of other games with cash shops, then they give you just enough to be able to claim that subscribers can have everything for the cost of their subscription. However the reality is that it may take months to save up your free coins to get that really nice piece of armour they just released.

You can bet that all the best looking armour will be cash shop only and you can bet that it will take a very long time to save up the coins for it. In the end, many players will cave in a fork out some cash for that lovely new armour set. I mean, it's only a few dollars right?

In reality, the average free player will play the game for while then move on without spending a single cent on it. Most of the money spent in the cash shop will be by the kind of people willing to spend money on their hobby and planning to play the game for some time to come ie the subscribers.

Yup, freemium games with cash shops are all about trying to squeeze every cent possible out of its loyal subscribers without them noticing how much they are now playing for a game that used to only cost them $15 a month.

For purposes of calculating "subscribed months", do the initial 30 days that come with the game purchase and/or the Bonus 30 days from March count? (I assume the one Bonus Day from Feb doesn't matter.)

I am an "Active since Launch" player. Between the initial 30 days with the box, my 6-month sub, and the bonus month, my subscription is good through 16 August. So as of 31 July, will it be worth 900 (6x150 paid for) or 1050 (7x150; maximum possible of monthly payments since Launch) points? And how will the overlap into August affect the "200/month until f2p launch" calculations?

Lol look who just woke up after hundreds of years of hibernation.

Do us former subscribers who've been paying since EGA get anything else besides the slap in the face and the finger?

u have posted it if u look at your site at all or just read the formus but here is the link scroll down near the bottom and there is the break down

http://www.swtor.com/free

u have posted it if u look at your site at all or just read the formus but here is the link scroll down near the bottom and there is the break down

http://www.swtor.com/free

It doesn't state there what we'll gain monthly after the f2p activates. Just up till the f2p and during the switch, but not for the months afterwards.

If it's like most games, it will be whatever $5 in coins costs.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.