Coming to Warzones Near You This Fall: F2Pers!

islander

just when you thought you'd seen enough baddies in your teams...

just when you thought you had your fill of jerks in Ops chat insulting people left and right while sitting on a node all game...

now, we get to add F2Pers into the mix. Hooray:rolleyes:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just when you thought you had your fill of jerks in Ops chat insulting people left and right while sitting on a node all game...

Oh, so then the game will be just like GW2. Well, cool.

Seriously, though, if you look at the descriptions, F2Pers will have limited access to warzones. Not entirely sure what that means. From what I can tell, it means they will not be able to play the new Hypergate WZ, but I wonder if there is any more to it, like exclusion from ranked, limited ques per day, being put at the end of ques, etc.

Seriously, though, if you look at the descriptions, F2Pers will have limited access to warzones. Not entirely sure what that means. From what I can tell, it means they will not be able to play the new Hypergate WZ, but I wonder if there is any more to it, like exclusion from ranked, limited ques per day, being put at the end of ques, etc.

If you read it says the number of Warzones they can play per week.

Except GW2 combat will actually be open world.

I am having some difficulty reading all of the content, stuck on an older browser here at work.

I just hope they don't let them onto our servers. Give them their own set of 12 or whatever.

Edited by islander

And how is this different currently...

/ignore is your friend, abuse it

If the F2P guys can't get past a certain level then they might actually be very strong at the lower levels when they eventually have all purple gear in every slot.

Nope. F2P'ers will be allowed to level up all the way to 50 like normal, meaning they will be all over sub-50 and 50 warzones.

Nope. F2P'ers will be allowed to level up all the way to 50 like normal, meaning they will be all over sub-50 and 50 warzones.

that's fine with me. as long as subbers are getting the access to all the content, and the non-subbers are not. and it looks like that's how this is going to go down.

F2P is limited to the first 15 levels so if you're level 50 you won't be seeing them in a wz near you. I think F2P is a good idea so long as they maintain good controls on what they can do to prevent upsetting the economy etc.

Why? How does some other person's payment method affect your enjoyment of this game?

There are certain MMO players who play because they like to be of a certain, well, caste, basically. I'm not saying that the person you were responding to in particular is of this sort of player. However, for at least some, this is going to be a factor.

F2P is limited to the first 15 levels so if you're level 50 you won't be seeing them in a wz near you. I think F2P is a good idea so long as they maintain good controls on what they can do to prevent upsetting the economy etc.

This is not correct. This is true of the old F2P trial system. It is NOT true of the upcoming F2P option, which will allow you to play to level 50. However, once at level 50 play options will be more limited without a sub.

This is not correct. This is true of the old F2P trial system. It is NOT true of the upcoming F2P option, which will allow you to play to level 50. However, once at level 50 play options will be more limited without a sub.

Yeah I just now read that I assumed F2P was going to be the trial just never ending. Well, I'm guessing you'll be seeing a lot more green geared in wz's then.

Also not true from what I've read so far... I linked a chart above which gives general information but from what I've read it's going to be pay per option if that makes sense. Say someone gets to level 50 and wants more PvE content... they can pay for Ops... they want unlimited access to ALL of the WZ's, they can pay for that without paying for the full sub. There is a FAQ on the site as well.

Yeah I just now read that I assumed F2P was going to be the trial just never ending. Well, I'm guessing you'll be seeing a lot more green geared in wz's then.

Probably not... they are going to be limited to how many WZ's they can play a week. This will get boring for the few who don't want to pay to play. For those who only want PvP they can pay for that alone and I would expect to see some very geared F2P'ers because that's ALL they will be doing post 50. Subscribers will also be getting priority on queue's. Anyone who is doing the F2P thing is most likely gonna be PvE'ers. If all you have to do is limited WZ's post 50 for free... say 1 a week or whatever and on top of that you're waiting forever on a queue time. You're either gonna pay up or get out.

Most of these F2P'ers that stick around are gonna be PvE since they are a lot less affected by it.

Basically I see this as a way for them to scrounge up more subs and give people the option to play for PvP or PvE alone instead of buying the bundle. Interesting sales pitch... we'll see how it works out.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

Seriously... it's funny to watch all the people rage before they truly know how it will affect the game. For all you know the F2P'ers will be on their own server. But instead of waiting and seeing.... let's all just nerd rage as loud as we can.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!!

:rolleyes: