Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Financial analyst on sub numbers

Nethgilne

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/electronic-arts-earnings-sneak-peek-heres-why-star-wars-matters.html/

Part pertaining to SWTOR:

"We expect slightly declining Star Wars subs numbers for FY:13. At the end of Q4:12, EA disclosed that active subs had fallen to 1.3 million from 1.7 million only months earlier. We expect small sequential declines for FY:13, with content updates, promotions, and the dedication of Star Wars fans keeping numbers relatively steady."

All this is still speculation by stock picking analyst, but hey... it's something to chew on for the next three hours until the actual numbers come out.

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/electronic-arts-earnings-sneak-peek-heres-why-star-wars-matters.html/

"We expect slightly declining Star Wars subs numbers for FY:13. At the end of Q4:12, EA disclosed that active subs had fallen to 1.3 million from 1.7 million only months earlier. We expect small sequential declines for FY:13, with content updates, promotions, and the dedication of Star Wars fans keeping numbers relatively steady."

All this is still speculation by stock picking analyst, but hey... it's something to chew on for the next three hours until the actual numbers come out.

What updates?

Also as we expect and even they do is that they will include the F2P players in the numbers.

I wonder how far off that failed assumption is going to throw his analysis.

I like how the "Free to 15" came out just as they needed a boost in sub numbers ;)

Free to 15 is a great move. It's one that every MMO should do after the insanity of launch has been completed. The best way to get people to buy your game (assuming it doesn't suck) is to let people try it for free (and limit them to the areas that don't suck).

Edited by DarthTHC

I wish I could do an education as analyst. Probably would last a day and I'd get thousands of bucks just for saying things that won't happen how i thought they might.

The earnings announcement is in a few hours for EA. I think at this point it is best to stop laying troll bait in the forums and wait to see what is presented.

Now, that said, SWTOR is a very small component in EAs overall business portfolio, and with box sales (or digital) already done (which is what EA is really all about), there is really very little for them to comment on from an EA financials and performance standpoint. So don't get your hope up for a detailed drill-down on one MMO property that contributes about 1% of net revenue for the company. They have bigger issues to address (like explaining how they are not going to implode in mobile gaming like Zynga is doing right now).

Besides there will be lots of room in the forum after the call for the game haters to whip up hyperbole, speculation, rumor mongering, and the ever popular ground breaking predictions of doom for the game.

The earnings announcement is in a few hours for EA. I think at this point it is best to stop laying troll bait in the forums and wait to see what is presented.

Now, that said, SWTOR is a very small component in EAs overall business portfolio, and with box sales (or digital) already done (which is what EA is really all about), there is really very little for them to comment on from an EA financials and performance standpoint. So don't get your hope up for a detailed drill-down on one MMO property that contributes about 1% of net revenue for the company. They have bigger issues to address (like explaining how they are not going to implode in mobile gaming like Zynga is doing right now).

Besides there will be lots of room in the forum after the call for the game haters to whip up hyperbole, speculation, rumor mongering, and the ever popular ground breaking predictions of doom for the game.

Yes, I predict that they will merge with ID-software and one of the future content patches merges Star Wars with Doom 4.

But this makes a slow day pass quickly at work. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.