New favorite PvP rotation (I <3 Cyro Grenade!)

SweetOldBob

When a melee character starts trying to 1v1 my Gunnery-spec'd Commando, I hit him with a Cryo Grenade, followed by

• High Impact Bolt (enabled because of the grenade)
  • Charged Bolts
  • Stock Strike
  • Full Auto (Usually last -- enemy may be coming to and FA has a short spin-up)

At that point, going toe to toe I can use Grav Rounds, et al., and I've got a decent chance at finishing him off before he kills me.

When a melee character starts trying to 1v1 my Gunnery-spec'd Commando, I hit him with a Cryo Grenade, followed by

• Charged Bolts
  • Stock Strike

At that point, going toe to toe I can use Grav Rounds, et al., and I've got a decent chance at finishing him off before he kills me.

If the melee jumps to you first, make sure the 1st thing you do is your knockback.

• Charged Bolts
  • Stock Strike

Why not replace Charged Bolts with Grav Round?

Same cast time and FA proc chance, but Grav Round would give you stack of Charged Barrel and Armor Reduction.

• Charged Bolts
  • Stock Strike

Then they blow a defensive CD or two eat some dmg then gap you and kill you inn around 6 secs...Thats pretty much how this will work out 75% of the time...Its a great plan it just doesnt stop them now that they are resolved capped and in your face and you cant do beans about it.

• Charged Bolts
  • Stock Strike

Or... They break stun/stun you and turn the tables. Pop a defensive CD to make your stockstrike/charged bolts puny hits, pushback your Full auto (dont know if you can spec to prevent this) and then interrupt your GRound.

Quite useless... Especially against a marauder...

So you say, but my experience has been that it's a help. It beats the heck out of trying to spam grav rounds while they have a full health bar and can do all their stuff.

Maybe I should have mentioned at the start: I don't go looking for 1v1's with my Trooper. But if someone engages and stays after me, there's not much chance that I can get away.

I'd go toe to toe with them for awhile and save the Cryo for when you need some breathing room or when you can finish them off (Cryo > FA > Demo > HiB with full buffs for all).

That's pretty much what I do in PvE. I usually save the Cryo for when I need to recharge my cells.

But in PvP, the melee dudes wear me down so fast that I end up repeat-stunned and dead without getting a lick in. I don't have hard proof, but it seems like I get better outcomes if I wear them down a little first.

As an aside, when you other guys on the team see someone picking on one of your troopers, then objectives allowing, show the trooper a little love!

Quite useless... Especially against a marauder... If you want to have ANY chance, keep the cryo grenade for when they pop the imperial equivalent of guarded by the force.

this.

save cryo for when they get to 30%

• 1 month later...
Yup spec assault eats up melee crazy you have the slow from the burning and just kite them lol its funny to watch them try and keep up to you just mind the distance so they cant leap to you plus.

It appears that you have been living in a different universe, my friend.