EA confident that people will be playing The Old Republic a decade from now

Taorus

Many have posted that the game is fun for them, so I wouldn't go so far as to say EA's influence is ruining the game for the fans. However I would say that the game would probably have been a lot further along in its evolution.

Personally I don't like any of EA's games and was disappointed when I heard they were partners with bioware. However I love Bioware enough to just /ignore EA and /Friend Bioware

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No once again... But for the people with reading comprehension problems.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/07/ea-planning-upcoming-layoffs-completed-by-september-30-2012/

Completed By Sept, 30 2012 Today is only July 30 2012....Same lay-offs.

wish you had posted this the other day. Seemed like every 3 bashers were referencing some lay off. 1 guy quit. He was an important guy, but he quit. Then people went all Chicken Little. "Bioware lays off everyone. Game's dying. omgooglies!"

wish you had posted this the other day. Seemed like every 3 bashers were referencing some lay off. 1 guy quit. He was an important guy, but he quit. Then people went all Chicken Little. "Bioware lays off everyone. Game's dying. omgooglies!"

Not to mention the guy was a pre-release producer not fired but relocated to another EA project still in development

The article also says that they expect to see a growth in headcount within Fall, so anyone laid off were simply short term contract workers

Edited by SNCommand

Same people who in grade school that went "ooooHH you kissed Sally".

How is she not a moderator? She is the boss of all the moderators. The moderators are part of the community team.

She is above moderator status, think of her as the administrator of this site. She uses her real name and she posts all of the major articles.

Not to mention the guy was a pre-release producer not fired but relocated to another EA project still in development

The article also says that they expect to see a growth in headcount within Fall, so anyone laid off were simply short term contract workers

Again you guys have no idea what you are talking about. Referencing some old story from months ago. Does it say in there about all the top people leaving? You honestly think all this is normal? EA is HOT and is cleaning house. These arent just regular lay offs. I mean you keep going on about chicken little but you remind me of the eternal optimist. Even as they close the doors you will insist everything fine.

Second Round of BioWare Layoffs

which referd to SWTOR executive producer leaves BioWare; new layoffs rumored [updated: BioWare responds] which refered to SWTOR's executive producer leaves BioWare amid layoff reports which quotes:

Reports also emerged on Tuesday morning that the Austin office is laying off workers, but it's unclear if this headcount reduction is part of the restructuring plan BioWare announced in May. Though its parent company Electronic Arts didn't specify then how many employees would be affected, the publisher said those layoffs were necessary in order for the team to maintain and grow SWTOR.

The article was from 17July 2012 and speaks about lay offs. Seems to be a second round of layoffs.

EA has confirmed that the restructuring of the BioWare Austin team began in May, and is still going.

While not directly linked to the the departure of Rich Vogel - Star Wars: The Old Republic producer - EA has confirmed that the layoffs at the BioWare Austin studio have been ongoing since May, with today marking the second round.

Still the same layoff.

She is above moderator status, think of her as the administrator of this site. She uses her real name and she posts all of the major articles.

Wrong. She is a moderator like the rest of the moderation team. Where do you get these wild ideas from? If you dont believe me send her a PM and ask her. I have dealt with the mods here on many an occasion. I even posted asking if they laid everyone off and she assured me in that post NOONE was laid off from her team. So ya you are mistaken bud sorry.

Wow....I suggest in the future you read what you link....One round....On going.

I was wondering how you were going to try to spin it, way to ignore evidence. It says "another" round of layoffs. Another basically means not the same. Whatever though have fun living in your dream world and spreading misinformation.

Still the same layoff.

It's actually an on-going process of restructuring.

Which has required multiple rounds of lay-offs to accomplish.

It hasn't been one set of lay-offs, there have been two, whether we want to argue semantics about the overarching "restructuring plan" or not, there has still been two rounds of lay-offs.

Wrong. She is a moderator like the rest of the moderation team. Where do you get these wild ideas from? If you dont believe me send her a PM and ask her. I have dealt with the mods here on many an occasion. I even posted asking if they laid everyone off and she assured me in that post NOONE was laid off from her team. So ya you are mistaken bud sorry.

Then they are all going by the generic "Community Support" title with the exception of Allison and Amber which I think is a bad move on their part and the mods must be more lax and locking threads at a slower rate too. The rate at which things are now being locked and moved definitely feels like a one man job.

Edited by Tuscad

If they're not here now it's probably more likely they have left for summer vacation while some intern and Allison is holding the fort

2.2 million boxes => 1.7 => 1.3 => 0.3 - 0.7 (???)

This is not a sustainable trajectory for a triple A title with such massive variable costs. Unless there is a big revamp of the game which includes a free-form space component, social games, open world PvP, I doubt it will last much past next year.

Your business acumen and insight is an awesome thing to behold. Can you give us some tips on how Goldman-Sachs will be doing next year as well?

Not the same lay offs. This was a new round.

Ever hear of the WARN Act? If you lay off more then 50 people in a given location, you are required to announce 60 days in advance and give notice to the employees. The recent layoffs everyone is worked up about are the WARN terminations. Announce in May, exit in July.

You can exit employees on WARN immediately, but you still have to keep the employee on your payroll for 60 days. Most companies actually exit employees at various stages during the 60 day notice period.

Game critics really should be more informed IMO.

I was wondering how you were going to try to spin it, way to ignore evidence. It says "another" round of layoffs. Another basically means not the same. Whatever though have fun living in your dream world and spreading misinformation.

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&rlz=1G1TSNA_ENUS493&=&q=2nd+round+of+layoffs+at+bioware&oq=2nd+round+of+layoffs+at+bioware&gs_l=igoogle.3...1415.7255.0.7405.31.10.0.21.21.1.237.1377.0j9j1.10.0...0.0...1ac.MvCh8HeuZ08