i feel like a gimp and no help at all in wz

rotfish

im only level 26 and im a tank spec http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#601rfMozMM.2

I feel like i hit like a limp noodle and i go down way to fast.....

I need some help on what attacks to use so far its just double slash spam because everything costs so much force i do throw in a rock chunk every now and then if i have enough force but i dont know what to do in wz since i get beat so quick even in combat stance. I have all orange custom gear with equal level mods and armoring.

I just feel like a complete gimp in wz's pls help i dont know what to do :(

First of all, tank spec doesn't get really good as far as damage goes until level 40ish

at your level I would do something like this which should up your damage quite a lot. You get increased melee critical chance, a spammable dot using force technique, a 30m ranged aoe in Force in Balance, an extra 50% surge in double strike, and a proc'd burst shadowstrike that ignores armor, and costs 25 force.

Try that out, make use of your force slow, kite them around, and you'll like your damage numbers a lot better. An alternative to that would be an infiltration spec, but I'm not a fan of spec's heavily reliant on stealthing in warzones because if the enemy team is decent enough, you wont hardly get to stealth at all.

I'll try to throw some help in as well as i have a lvl 40 shadow that imo does well in pugs and is running the kinetic build. I've gotten up to battlemaster on a juggernaut previously, but find the shadow much more fun to play w/ better dps (or burst) and using stealth to get objectives to help the team win.

Anyways, pvp is very gear based, even at sub 50 levels ... so this is what i would do to make sure gear-wise you are prepped first. You can usually buy most things, but i have a whole 8 char group set up to cover all the craft skills to make me optimum gear at all times as i level up.

You are lvl 26 w/ orange gear but I'm curious to know what kind of mods you have in them? Here's what i do:

- my lightsaber hilt is blue level and at the most current version as soon as i level up

- crystal is the highest avail in blue or purple and stacking power

- mod and enhance is blue and i pick power when available

- at lvl 21 you can use player made implants IRRC, so find the ones for shadows (blue or purple) and see if you can get the power ones or crit ... boosted stats and more power = dps killing power

- you should have an earpiece by now too ... make sure its endurance+willpower and some power/crit/surge type and of blue or purple level if possible

- i think you should be able to equip relics as well so find ones that give lots of +endurance or endurance and power if possible (get 2)

- take biochem for the reusable stims or have a mule make you tons of blue stims that boost your willpower and power, every little bit helps. plus w/ biochem, you can make your own implants ... just reverse engineer greens until you get the 'overkill' blue ones that add power to the other stats.

- make sure you have and keybind the pvp medpack and adrenal thing and use them during WZs and use defensive cooldowns/shields before you're almost dead.

for attacks you could do this:

Project >> double strike until the particle acceleration (gold body glow) procs >> stun them >> force potency >> project (auto crit + 50% more damage from force potency) ... wrinse and repeat and later finish w/ an execute (spinning strike) when you get it at level 32.

I noticed you didnt get the lvl 3 kinetic ward talent ... i use that in pvp a lot ... ill use our snare to keep our targets within range and taunt others to reduce their damage output and use guard on healers or dps to keep them alive longer. Have you seen Powerr's videos? Great inspiration for KC shadows and more:

hope that helps :)

I think your idea of "gimped" is a little off.

I've recently re-rolled to shadow as well, and although I don't top the damage charts, I definitely top the protection charts.

When I play on my sage/scoundrel healer, or my sentinel, I am always just praying that a shadow tank will be in my wz to guard/taunt people. My prayers are never answered, which is why I ended up just rolling one myself.

Guarding/Taunting is so incredibly important in this game. You may not get the glory, but the truly good players know how valuable you are, and will respect you. People who can "top the dmg charts" are a dime a dozen. A good tank who keeps people alive at key moments, and still throws in a respectable 100k-150k dmg per game, is much more important when it comes to actually winning games.

And as stated, at level 40, not only will you be getting 100k+ protection, but you'll also be getting 280k+ dmg thanks to key abilities like harnessed shadows and slow time.

Stick with KC, and be patient. We NEED you :)

Yeah, Balance is very strong while leveling. Personally, I would get Mental Potency to reduce Force In Balance cost before Adjudication (double strike crit damage increase.)

Yeah, I would agree. Balance is probably your best bet at early levels for pvp and even pve unless you are set on tanking for pve stuff. I threw my first few points into Inf, but then respecced once I had enough to get second tier balance, leaving one in Inf for the shadow strike poc. I just started a new shadow, and it's working well. Even back when I leveled my assassin long ago, that tree seemed the best all around until you have enough skill points to get the good stuff higher up.

Yeah, I would agree. Balance is probably your best bet at early levels for pvp and even pve unless you are set on tanking for pve stuff. I threw my first few points into Inf, but then respecced once I had enough to get second tier balance, leaving one in Inf for the shadow strike poc. I just started a new shadow, and it's working well. Even back when I leveled my assassin long ago, that tree seemed the best all around until you have enough skill points to get the good stuff higher up.

It's actually great for tanking in PvE pre-40 as well. You have an extra aoe, you aren't really all that much squishier and can taunt any potential threat issues.

After leveling too many shadows and assassins I can say balance is without doubt the most effective all around spec before 40 and even after if we're talking just pvp. And yes, work find weakness into your build while leveling for pvp, you'll be a wrecking machine and difficult to take down.

I think your idea of "gimped" is a little off.

I've recently re-rolled to shadow as well, and although I don't top the damage charts, I definitely top the protection charts.

When I play on my sage/scoundrel healer, or my sentinel, I am always just praying that a shadow tank will be in my wz to guard/taunt people. My prayers are never answered, which is why I ended up just rolling one myself.

Guarding/Taunting is so incredibly important in this game. You may not get the glory, but the truly good players know how valuable you are, and will respect you. People who can "top the dmg charts" are a dime a dozen. A good tank who keeps people alive at key moments, and still throws in a respectable 100k-150k dmg per game, is much more important when it comes to actually winning games.

And as stated, at level 40, not only will you be getting 100k+ protection, but you'll also be getting 280k+ dmg thanks to key abilities like harnessed shadows and slow time.

Stick with KC, and be patient. We NEED you :)

what he said...