Concerns: Talent-based long-term roots (off knock-back)

Udo_Jokyar

such as the ones available to consulars, inquisitors (via telekinetics/lightning respectively) and gunslinger/sniper root knockback.

These are currently pretty broken imo - im not gonna rant about it but im suggesting the following:

make a portion of the roots uncleansable (as they currently are) except via the universal CC breaker

make the rest cleansable via both tech and force methods - a good example would be the consular/inquisitor one which lasts 2 seconds regardless of damage, then a further 3 relative to damage taken - make it cleansable as of the start of the "breakable" bit of the spell.

why?

the amount of resolve generated by these effects does NOT justify such an overpowering effect when chasing down targets as a melee - the principle problem here is that the game currently allows for several players to be rooted for 5 seconds at a time, four times in a row, before they hit full resolve, which is beyond ridiculous. In practice it wont happen, due to other reasons, but it is broken in this sense. Allowing part of the spell to be cleansable would generate a work-around that allows the talent to work in its intended way without remaining in this state.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roots do not generate resolve at all.

All roots from ranged classes break on damage after 2 sec. The 31 pt madness root does not break since it's duration do not exceed 2 sec.

And no, there is not anything broken with this (cleansability). Some people say roots should generate resolve, this is discussible.

Roots do not generate resolve at all.

All roots from ranged classes break on damage after 2 sec. The 31 pt madness root does not break since it's duration do not exceed 2 sec.

And no, there is not anything broken with this (cleansability). Some people say roots should generate resolve, this is discussible.

Only thing with roots generating resolve is it in-directly buff some classes like Marauders and Power Tech. You know the underpowered ones.

Yea no roots from ranged classes lasts for more than 2 second if damaged.

Only unbreakable roots that last longer are talented force charges and deadly throw as well as talented ravage roots are the only unbreakable roots that lasts more than 2 second. (yes that means only warriors/knights have them).

Edited by warultima

its not the root that generates the resolve, its the knock-back that leads into the root -and the root is uncleansable, regardless of whether u are a force user or tech user - this needs fixing, because this is the broken bit - the fact that the root is longer than 2 seconds anyway should mean there would be extra resolve attached, but its not because the resolve is based off the root spell not the actual combined effects - do u understand?

my argument is more the fact that these talents are force or tech effects and are not cleansable under either - this is the problem as i see it.

Edited by Udo_Jokyar

Roots in this game is considered 100% slow effect hence not affected by resolve. One thing is interesting however, when you are under the effect of 100% slow (root) force charge and the Jet charge are somehow disabled (giving an impression of being stunned even with white resolve bar to many newbie players).

In this case its the knockback that filled the resolve bar, the following roots has nothing to do with it (this is the sniper/slinger version of aoe knockback I suppose).

Roots in this game is considered 100% slow effect hence not affected by resolve. One thing is interesting however, when you are under the effect of 100% slow (root) force charge and the Jet charge are somehow disabled (giving an impression of being stunned even with white resolve bar to many newbie players).

In this case its the knockback that filled the resolve bar, the following roots has nothing to do with it (this is the sniper/slinger version of aoe knockback I suppose).

correct, but the duration of the root is considerable - significantly longer than every other root (2 seconds) that is also talented - such as sabre throw root, balance/madness 31pt root, etc, which are also not aoe....

the reason i say, make purgeable after 2 seconds, because this means the bit which is balanced to the current level of resolve these spells generate with these talents, would be IN LINE - thereafter it would be dealable with.

adding extra resolve to these spells instead would generate problems because the second half of the effect is a mezz not a stun

Melee rules this game right now. And I also thought the roots were cleansable?

Melee does rule this game rightnow and whoever says the root is uncleansable dont know w t f hes talking about.

The aoe roots (from gunslinger/sniper) is a tech attack which can be cleansed by all tech user healer's BASE cleanse. No need to be talented. The root however is uncleansible by sorc/sage healers talented or not.

Yes ALL operatives, mercenaries, commandos as well as scoundrels regardless of spec CAN cleanse the roots from snipers and gunslingers. The root lasts for 5 second, with the 1st 2 second of it being unbreakable after that the root is broken by any damage greater or equal to 1.

Edited by warultima

such as the ones available to consulars, inquisitors (via telekinetics/lightning respectively) and gunslinger/sniper root knockback.

\.

sniper and gunslinger dont have root knockback.

learn 2 play.

really you qq guys show yourself marvelous noobs.

first try to play gunslinger and learn how his skills work.

forums is not public toilet - you dont need to go here every time you lost .

i can tell you why you ,losing - you are lowlife noob.

thats only reason.

learn 2 play.

thats only reason.

hmm I am afraid that we do have knock back with root. Not only it knock backs and roots its also AoE.

(lol he said L2P)

Edited by warultima

learn 2 play.

thats only reason.

cover pulse, man, cover pulse!. AoE knockback + 5s root (breaks on damage after 2s) - think close-range aoe knockback that causes everyone to get hit by leg shot! Learn 2... level up? Sigh... I forget how soon you learn cover pulse, but it's pretty dang early on.

cover pulse, man, cover pulse!. AoE knockback + 5s root (breaks on damage after 2s) - think close-range aoe knockback that causes everyone to get hit by leg shot! Learn 2... level up? Sigh... I forget how soon you learn cover pulse, but it's pretty dang early on.

LoL your reply is so civil to some "lowlife noob" that doesnt know what hes talking about while calling people "low life noobs" and asking them to "learn 2 play" without knowing how to play himself.

Claps to you.

Edited by warultima

Sorry if I derail this thread a bit, but my sage was get owned by a Mara yesterday and i have a question. I usually don't have too many problems with maras but this one seemed to catch me without a knockback or stun and his ravage would own me. I know my healer sage can cleanse Mara snares but can i cleanse carnage maras root ravage? If not, then it was just a smart Mara to wait until i had blown my knockback and stun.

Sorry if I derail this thread a bit, but my sage was get owned by a Mara yesterday and i have a question. I usually don't have too many problems with maras but this one seemed to catch me without a knockback or stun and his ravage would own me. I know my healer sage can cleanse Mara snares but can i cleanse carnage maras root ravage? If not, then it was just a smart Mara to wait until i had blown my knockback and stun.

Yes if you are specced into healing tree, sage healer SHOULD be able to cleanse all marauders bleed/slow and roots. The roots are force debuff which can be cleansed unless its something carnage thats designed special with no counter which I am not sure. My marauder is anni spec but my force charge root is indeed Force based.

Edited by warultima

learn 2 play.

thats only reason.

Cover pulse lol.

The irony of this post is magnificent.

learn 2 play.

thats only reason.

Since you're wrong does that make you the low life noob? Snipers/gunslingers do have a root knockback and you don't have to talent for it.

its not the root that generates the resolve, its the knock-back that leads into the root -and the root is uncleansable, regardless of whether u are a force user or tech user - this needs fixing, because this is the broken bit - the fact that the root is longer than 2 seconds anyway should mean there would be extra resolve attached, but its not because the resolve is based off the root spell not the actual combined effects - do u understand?

my argument is more the fact that these talents are force or tech effects and are not cleansable under either - this is the problem as i see it.

The bolded/underlined portion is incorrect. As an Operative (I'm Concealment, btw), when I jump a Sniper/GS, I can't wait for them to use their KBs because I immediately cleanse them and get back into the fight, thereby denying them one defensive tool at their disposal. Plus, it marks a really bad Sniper/GS that they don't know that we can remove their root effects.

To your credit, though, it isn't that the Root effects in this game are overpowered. And it isn't that they don't create a Resolve hit. The problem is that there aren't enough abilities that allow you to get beyond these effects and that we're still hamstrung by the limitations of the three various Cleanse abilities. If you've ever played against a smart Jugg/Guardian in VS, you know how powerful they are in the last hallway leading to the cargo bay. One player can prevent your entire team from getting into a defensive position just by spamming the talented 0 cost PBAoE snare. If it had a cool down on it (might be needed, considering its power), if the healing specs had an AoE anti-root/snare ability, or if the cleanse abilities weren't so limited, things wouldn't be so bad.

These are currently pretty broken imo - im not gonna rant about it but im suggesting the following:

make a portion of the roots uncleansable (as they currently are) except via the universal CC breaker

make the rest cleansable via both tech and force methods - a good example would be the consular/inquisitor one which lasts 2 seconds regardless of damage, then a further 3 relative to damage taken - make it cleansable as of the start of the "breakable" bit of the spell.

I don't get what the problem is. The CC breaker works at any point after force wave. If you think the root should be cleansable if you don't have a breaker available then........

HAHAHAHAHA. That's a good one. What would be the point of having them if they could be cleansed at any time?

Maybe I'm just misunderstanding what everyone is saying, but I'm under the impression that roots CAN be cleansed st anytime. You just have to have the right cleanse. I think it takes a sorc/sage to remove the sorc/sage knockback root.