Ranked Warzones are beyond uneven

PathosRah

I've got 3 level 50 toons who are all respectable with gear etc. and I've grouped with a few different groups of people. It is VERY CLEAR that there are uber teams out there who are full War Hero and NEVER LOSE. They triple cap every game and you litereally get 3 kills to their 300-400. If that isn't unbalanced then I don't know what is.

We need cross server ranked WZ groups that fight against others in a similar rank or skill level. If not the uber powerful will stay there while the weak never get anywhere and quit their subscriptions out of frustration. I want PVP to survive on SWTOR and this current system isn't working well.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Teams of good players with the best gear available are queuing? ... Together? Ranked warzones need to be shut down. This is game breaking. Holy hell. Actually if you're getting triple capped you're either absolutely terrible or have no business queuing for warzones expecting anything other than a loss.

Well, yeah...

Suppose you're a starter in chess and you play versus Gary Kasparov. That doesn't seem very fair, yes?

There should be Elo and matchmaking.

Self-owned.

If the beginer signs up for the tournament Gary Kasparov is also in, yes... he should and will lose.

Go stick to normal WZ. If you sign up for RWZ, and your team sucks, prepare to lose. What did u expect?

Edited by Dmasterr

Everyone in this thread defending ranked warzones is a troll. Wow seemed to be able to get it right. If you arent very good you play against other people who arent very good. If you are a highly skilled player you play against other highly skilled people. There is no reason bioware cant do this. Cross realm and proper matchmaking is needed. And shut up before you tell me to go play wow. Wow is the most popular MMO for a reason, Bioware should swallow its pride and borrow more from WoW.

Everyone in this thread defending ranked warzones is a troll. Wow seemed to be able to get it right. If you arent very good you play against other people who arent very good. If you are a highly skilled player you play against other highly skilled people. There is no reason bioware cant do this. Cross realm and proper matchmaking is needed. And shut up before you tell me to go play wow. Wow is the most popular MMO for a reason, Bioware should swallow its pride and borrow more from WoW.

no if you go into a ranked game under geared its your fault you didn't win stay out of the ranked till you can compete with other's there, simple as that

different tears for players who haven't put the time in to gear up and expect to be in the rankings. look go to toy'r'us and get your self a carebare grrr people like you annoy me

Self-owned.

If the beginer signs up for the tournament Gary Kasparov is also in, yes... he should and will lose.

Go stick to normal WZ. If you sign up for RWZ, and your team sucks, prepare to lose. What did u expect?

You do realize that there are chess tournaments for various skill levels- unlike this game where you either play randoms (wherein you may face the best teams anyway) or you play tournament style with absolutely no ELO.

If you could get your head out of your nethers maybe you'd realize that's the reason why RWZ queues are hours long, why it's excessively unpopular, and why this game's competitive pvp is considered a joke across the internet. This game will never get to the competitive esport level of WoW, GW, LoL, DotA, SC, etc.... in fact, there's probably never going to be a day where there's real tourneys for this game.

It's just more proof that in pvp BW hasn't a clue what they are doing.

They triple cap every game and you litereally get 3 kills to their 300-400. If that isn't unbalanced then I don't know what is.

What scrub team is letting you pug get 3 kills on them? If you get more then one I feel I failed my team as a healer.

Why are we having this discussion? Everybody knows the current system for ranked or unranked is more or less broken, due to lack of population, proper matching and seperate group vs solo queue.

We just have to wait and see if BW fixes it.

Edited by Veniras

I've got 3 level 50 toons who are all respectable with gear etc. and I've grouped with a few different groups of people. It is VERY CLEAR that there are uber teams out there who are full War Hero and NEVER LOSE. They triple cap every game and you litereally get 3 kills to their 300-400. If that isn't unbalanced then I don't know what is.

We need cross server ranked WZ groups that fight against others in a similar rank or skill level. If not the uber powerful will stay there while the weak never get anywhere and quit their subscriptions out of frustration. I want PVP to survive on SWTOR and this current system isn't working well.

OMG someone went to ranked undergeared and got pwned.

give him wh set.

300-400 kills? are you kidding me? do you have full recruit team?

I'm calling complete rubbish of the 300-400 kills thing. *cough*

Really doubt that ! :D

I got nothing really to add to this, because its really unbelievable this is just "another" thread about Organised War Hero teams, completing in War Zones. They earned their gear, and there are no rules about full war hero's forming teams for Ranked WZ's at all.. its a given, this is what its for, so you don't have the gear to compete in ranked, then you should be playing normal WZ's.

I am sure I already saw all that mentioned, but I thought I would 're emphasise' that aspect of playing in Ranked.

Everyone in this thread defending ranked warzones is a troll.

Everyone defending ranked warzones is a troll? Wrong. I'm not even in a guild currently and have been picked up as a pug healer many times, for groups without fully geared players and have had plenty of experience in ranked warzones. The only games I've lost have been against better players. What's that? I'm man enough to admit when I know when I've been outplayed? Inconceivable. I've also been playing since having full battlemaster and did just fine though admittedly it's been easier as I've acquired more gear. The teams we've hulk smashed have been teams with extremely poor compositions. Balanced groups do well and should not be getting three capped. It's just that simple. The team I've routinely lost to and as far as I know has 4 losses to their record has still been close, however, they're geared and ... wait for it, good players. Bioware gives you the full ability to create your own teams and go from there. If teams are routinely getting stomped in warzones, it doesn't indicate the ranked warzone system is broken. it indicates you have some players that aren't carrying their weight, aren't playing correctly - group composition can factor in to this - or quite simply, have no business being in ranked warzones with the expectation that they are going to win.

You do realize that there are chess tournaments for various skill levels- unlike this game where you either play randoms (wherein you may face the best teams anyway) or you play tournament style with absolutely no ELO.

If you could get your head out of your nethers maybe you'd realize that's the reason why RWZ queues are hours long, why it's excessively unpopular, and why this game's competitive pvp is considered a joke across the internet. This game will never get to the competitive esport level of WoW, GW, LoL, DotA, SC, etc.... in fact, there's probably never going to be a day where there's real tourneys for this game.

It's just more proof that in pvp BW hasn't a clue what they are doing.

You do realize that they match you based on your ranking if possible, right?

Translation= game is broken cos some people are better then others

/facepalm

that's kind of dick thing to say. the point of ranked is to get teams of similar skill together. there aren't enough grps in Q of top tier caliber, and since the top teams seem to be endlessly in Q (nothing wrong with that), the masses that they used as punching bags the first couple weeks stopped Qing. on my server, there are 4 or 5 teams. the rest are pugs are partial pugs. and they get rolled 4/5 times they Q. the rwz pool is far too shallow atm cuz it's restricted to individual servers. the game is broken. bw knows it. they've been working on xserves for months. they want it. they just don't seem to have the know how/hardware to implement it. stop acting too cool for school. the OP stated the obvious. good. more pressure on bw.

Really simpel. Make it way more easy to get WH gear, why ? then only skills matter, not like now

were it's gear wars.

Many of us re rolled to a new main And having to grind all that gear again was just pure pain.

And i have grinded from head start, when the lucky lotto gear system was in place.

Gear progression is good, gear grind from hell=players leaving..So bioware better wake up soon.

Because if getting the gear for PvP is way to hard, it doesnt matter because the teams with the best teamwork

and individual skill will winn no matter what.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Why are we having this discussion? Everybody knows the current system for ranked or unranked is more or less broken, due to lack of population, proper matching and seperate group vs solo queue.

We just have to wait and see if BW fixes it.

Other than the "solo queue" issue (and that's because I honestly do not see the point in solo queues for rated) I agree with this. It's far too easy to farm ranking at the mo with a geared team.

Really simpel. Make it way more easy to get WH gear, why ? then only skills matter, not like now

were it's gear wars.

\

rated wz's are not gear wars or gear checks. if you don't have full wh, you probably should not Q for them at the moment because there are so few teams Qing that you're going to run into ppl who pvp all the time and are...like...good at it. believe me, it's not a gear thing. pugs and casual guilds in full wh get rolled too. I do think you need to grind just to learn the ropes. I play the game way too much, but I went from recruit to full bm in less than a week. for a person with a life, you're talking 2-3 weeks max. if you're rerolling, then you can pass gear/mods to your new 50 from the old one through legacy shells.

pvp has an endgame just as pve does. you can't jump into hm EC with your blue 49/50 quest gear. same with pvp. I have absolutely no problem with spending a month on my 50 to get him geared. it's the price i pay for switching mains. i'd pay a similar price in pve.

rated wz's are not gear wars or gear checks. if you don't have full wh, you probably should not Q for them at the moment because there are so few teams Qing that you're going to run into ppl who pvp all the time and are...like...good at it. believe me, it's not a gear thing. pugs and casual guilds in full wh get rolled too. I do think you need to grind just to learn the ropes. I play the game way too much, but I went from recruit to full bm in less than a week. for a person with a life, you're talking 2-3 weeks max. if you're rerolling, then you can pass gear/mods to your new 50 from the old one through legacy shells.

pvp has an endgame just as pve does. you can't jump into hm EC with your blue 49/50 quest gear. same with pvp. I have absolutely no problem with spending a month on my 50 to get him geared. it's the price i pay for switching mains. i'd pay a similar price in pve.

Yeah yeah yeah but the thing is, you have to actually read and understand what i wrote....

I have done some much pvp in this game i could have hadd 5 chars in full WH if i wanted, that is

not the issue, i'm talking in general when it comes to the population.BTW i also have alot of free

time, takes me 3 days to go from recruit gear to full BM.But having to grind regular WZ to convert to

rated wc coms is a pain and players hate it, they want to play rated and get rated not standar wz coms.

ppl who play rated simply for rated comms get what they deserve. they don't care enough about their rating or are prepared to get annihilated? hey. more power to ya. I think it's a horrible idea to give wh gear away like candy. that doesn't address the heart of the matter, and btw, pvp rewards ppl with the best possible gear no matter how bad they are (it just takes longer). that's good. that part of the system is working just fine.

what's broken is the xserver matches (or lack thereof). and the lack of ppl in rwz Q. and GAWD is that sapping the fun out of rwz for anyone who isn't top 10% uber elite so on and so forth.

Edited by foxmob

Before I begin I will point out that I don't normally post in these threads and try my hardest to ignore all the 'kiddies' or 'bads' or whatever the term is nowadays for those that complain instead of trying to improve. But I am posting here because I hope to see other PvP communities continue as the one on my server has.

I do hope all the people here 'complaining' about Ranked WZs being uneven do realize that we are currently in PRE-SEASON. What that basically means is that we are all live-testing the RWZs for BW. Ratings mean little to nothing right now.

On my server the current 'top dog' is a guild called Cake is Real. You don't see people jumping on the forums to complain to nerf them or to match the rest of the teams so we don't play against them. People like myself enjoy coming up against the current top teams so we can learn their strategies and adapt to counter them.

Please people, remember this is pre-season. Remember it is a game and should be played to have fun (and don't start the complaints about stuns being no fun etc as stuns are not that bad - just don't waste your CC break on every stun you get hit with).

Of course, I do believe BW will implement cross server queueing for RWZs based on rank (where possible). I also think they have done a great job with rolling the RWZs from the PTS to live servers in such short time for live testing with minimal issues.

I wish you all the best of luck in your future pvp matches.

Translation= game is broken cos some people are better then others

/facepalm

Way to be an idiot.

He has a fair point. Every game i've played that has PvP involved has a system where you get matched with similarly ranked players so it's a pretty fair fight. If you're constantly fighting people in maxed out gear it's not very fair or fun.