The End is Near....

Taorus

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

WoW averages around 6 months between major patch. Sometimes it goes as long as 11 months.

If you haven't been paying attention Bioware has released a new content patch every quarter. So expect the next one end of august/september time frame.

I really don't understand how people have not caught on to this by now.

You are not even counting the pretty large expansion packs though. Which have been vital to WOW's success.

we were told 1.3 would be a quick quality of life patch, thats why it took such a short time after 1.2. 1.4 will be a content patch. thats what we were told and i have no reason to doubt it.

(sure if i was paid to post negative threads about the game, i could find reason to be sceptical tho)

Haha.

Thing is a few months ago some people were calling me a fanboy. I think most of us here, whether we are bashing the game are loving it bought in to play this game and to root for it to succeed.

Me, I'm just wondering why I should pay for August. So far nothing has convinced me so I'll let my sub run out and maybe come back when something happens.

I used to be able to get excited about things like "Space content" or Makeb...but right now it feels so far away.

You are not even counting the pretty large expansion packs though. Which have been vital to WOW's success.

I am actually it's always before an expansion pack that they go 11 months with no new content. Of course it never fails whitin 1 or 2 weeks people have already blown through all the contnet in an expanson pack.

What was the last record someone reached the new level cap in less then 24 hours?

Haha.

Thing is a few months ago some people were calling me a fanboy. I think most of us here, whether we are bashing the game are loving it bought in to play this game and to root for it to succeed.

Me, I'm just wondering why I should pay for August. So far nothing has convinced me so I'll let my sub run out and maybe come back when something happens.

I used to be able to get excited about things like "Space content" or Makeb...but right now it feels so far away.

i have my doubts for makeb in the next patch, but i'm sure there will be a new operation and flash point, and they are hyping HK atm so i'm sure of that aswell

i have my doubts for makeb in the next patch, but i'm sure there will be a new operation and flash point, and they are hyping HK atm so i'm sure of that aswell

My personal feeling is September sometime - 1.4, containing a new Op and FP and maybe some other stuff along with HK. And then End of the year Dec maybe Jan will be Makeb+lvl cap increase+Cathar

I am actually it's always before an expansion pack that they go 11 months with no new content. Of course it never fails whitin 1 or 2 weeks people have already blown through all the contnet in an expanson pack.

What was the last record someone reached the new level cap in less then 24 hours?

Well I'll say this.

Compare what Blizzard does in 6 months and what Bioware does in 6 months. It really isn't close. This coming from a guy who has pretty much bought every Bioware game there is and the last Blizzard game I've bought was The Burning Crusade(I'm not coming here to bash bioware). I'm just saying...in that period they usually have a boxload of crap they've been working on to feed their players.

There will always be people that burn through content. I think most players are more casual than that though.

My personal feeling is September sometime - 1.4, containing a new Op and FP and maybe some other stuff along with HK. And then End of the year Dec maybe Jan will be Makeb+lvl cap increase+Cathar

that is how i see it, but i would go as far as to say 1.5 dec 20. 1 year anniversary

Classic...BW is slow on content.....Yet WoW has not and will not release any NEW content since 4.3 Ten months ago

You know, I really wish people would stop using this argument. "Hurr WoW didn't put up any content quickly either." Yes, and have you noticed what happened because of that? They lost two million subscribers and the expansion is widely considered by the player base to be the absolute worst expansion they've done. Do you really think the lack of content by the Blizzard devs and the loss of subs (in addition to the lackluster reaction of the players) is a coincidence?

The end of these ceaseless attacks threads are coming soon. On 25 August and 25 September the games the water-carriers are championing will have been released. They have to spout their hatred(It's what they get paid for) in an attempt to drive people to try out their games. If you notice the up-tick in these threads started about a week before these game announced their release. Also look at the ones posting these threads, Always the same people. These attacks are well coordinated and orchestrated, one of these folks posts, followed by the same people suggesting that the OP is correct. Have no fear....SWTOR will be around for years to come.

I like how you put the blame on the community, and put together this massive conspiracy. Its good for a laugh

Edited by Ensquire

I like how you put the blame on the community, and put together this massive conspiracy. Its good for a laugh

Whatever he says there is no conspiracy :p Im sure some might secretly work for the other games, but the majority hell no. How many people said D3 would be SWTORs end, now GW2, then MoP. If it aint dead by then, that one guy who keeps championing Elder Scrolls online might return lol

The end of these ceaseless attacks threads are coming soon. On 25 August and 25 September the games the water-carriers are championing will have been released. They have to spout their hatred(It's what they get paid for) in an attempt to drive people to try out their games. If you notice the up-tick in these threads started about a week before these game announced their release. Also look at the ones posting these threads, Always the same people. These attacks are well coordinated and orchestrated, one of these folks posts, followed by the same people suggesting that the OP is correct. Have no fear....SWTOR will be around for years to come.

Talk about tin foil hats.

And no one ever said SWTOR wouldn't be around anymore, it was about in what form it would be.

Let's hope, I love this game so far. I will be getting GW2, and will try it out. Still going to sub SWTOR.

And what happens when you play a good game that shows you just how bad SWTOR is?

GW2 has epic world pvp. This game's engine can't support more than 30 people on screen at same time.

And what happens when you play a good game that shows you just how bad SWTOR is?

GW2 has epic world pvp. This game's engine can't support more than 30 people on screen at same time.

i've played GW2 it really should be called WAR 2 The Keep swapping continues.

People don't fight each other they always ignore the giant mob and go after the easy target.

Whatever he says there is no conspiracy :p Im sure some might secretly work for the other games, but the majority hell no. How many people said D3 would be SWTORs end, now GW2, then MoP. If it aint dead by then, that one guy who keeps championing Elder Scrolls online might return lol

My server had 80 on fleet at peak hours before D3 was released.

2 weeks after D3 was released my server had 20 at peak times. The game was essentially dead(When you can't pvp, or get enough people for an ops, it's dead). They just merged a bunch of dead servers together to make a few living servers. Frankenservers!

Maybe people didn't stay with D3, but they sure didn't come back to this game.

D3 isn't even in the same genre as this game. What's going to happen when 2 extremely popular games in the same genre are released?

Edited by Synxos

2 weeks after D3 was released my server had 20 at peak times. The game was essentially dead(When you can't pvp, or get enough people for an ops, it's dead). They just merged a bunch of dead servers together to make a few living servers. Frankenservers!

D3 isn't even in the same genre as this game. What's going to happen when 2 extremely popular games in the same genre are released?

Hopefully before then BioWare reassures us somehow.

The decline started much before D3 though. Dont get me wrong it took people, some returned some didnt. Those who didnt often just move onto a different game alltogether.

It's up to BW to bring them back and bring in new people. Afterall many people left WoW to SWToR as Blizz admitted, and then some went back, some didnt.

It's only gonna be the end if EA and BW let it be the end. Which considering the amount of money that has gone into this game, would be a very stupid move from EA. But then it is EA...then continue to do stupid things with many of their games. I'd go as far as saying if it wern't for EA Sports, they'd be in much bigger trouble than they are

yet that won't stop the WOW paid posters from telling ppl how crap GW2 is, i can already see the threads

"there is no wonder this crap is F2P"

"2 weeks in, and i'm bored"

"theres is not enough WOW in my guild wars"

"there is too much WOW in my guild wars"

wait and see

What does YOUR server sum up every other server pre-server transfers? No. People thought, "Hey I can avoid queue times by joining another server" and many others did so and then got stranded on small servers and pointed the finger at BW. Now post server transfers US has 12 Heavy+ servers. During peak hours the servers hit Very Heavy.

I won't even be playing it for PVP.

I think maybe I'm just tired of the gear grind and would enjoy a game that is based on just having fun within the world with others.

Maybe I'll return to SWTOR if they do something big with space or unlock the potential they have with companions. As it is though GW2 will offer something that most MMORPGs do not. SWTOR needs that as well, other than story because new MMOs are adding that now. SWTOR IMO needs to revamp space or make the companion system a bit deeper (It could be an entire way to solo endgame) those are the two things it has that other MMOs don't. I feel they need to capitalize on those.

So... You believe the games being released in August and September, will somehow fix all the problems SW:ToR has by their simply being released?

So... You believe the games being released in August and September, will somehow fix all the problems SW:ToR has by their simply being released?

hes using the force:rolleyes:

if bw dont start saying what they have planned the servers will need merging again

You are forgetting leap year:D

What about it? The Mayan's didn't use the modern calendar they used their own which says that according to their calendar the end of the world as we know it occurs on Dec 21st on our calendar. Not that I believe it would end.

What does YOUR server sum up every other server pre-server transfers? No. People thought, "Hey I can avoid queue times by joining another server" and many others did so and then got stranded on small servers and pointed the finger at BW. Now post server transfers US has 12 Heavy+ servers. During peak hours the servers hit Very Heavy.

This game doesn't even have 12 heavy servers...

They might've all said heavy the first week of transfers, but they sure aren't all heavy now.

That first sentence of yours makes no grammatical sense.

There were ALOT more quitters than rerollers.

People rerolled because there were so many quitters.

Edited by Synxos