You Want to Kill this Game? Keep it Up......

uziforyou

Historically the surest way to ensure the U.S. economy tanks is to have politicians talk negatively about the state of said economy. It's been shown many times there's a one to one relationship in that regard.

The same principal applies to this game. You want to ensure this game continues to decline just keep posting all these 'the game sucks', 'this game is too far gone', 'I'm done, I quite because of X' etc. type threads. This will ensure any prospective new players will stay away and keep any more infusion of improvements by Bioware at bay.

Sheesh people, ever hear of the self fulfilling prophecy? A bunch of you negative nates are sure helping to make it happen.

Enough already. I'd like to see the game continue and get better.

Everything said here is true. Constructive criticism is needed for improvement, but an overabundance of negatives while ignoring the positives is only harmful.

There ARE players (like myself) who, before purchasing a game, peruse the forums for hints as to what they should expect. These forums are not at all indicative of just how much this game does well. Players will surf these forums and decide not to purchase the game, and therefore the game will die.

Stop whining so much.

Edited by undeniablyjeff

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So If i make a post saying this game is awesome, it will become awesome. the reason its true is because people speak the truth?

Thats it, keep repeating that swtor is awesome and it will become awesome, like on Disneyland, where your dreams come true.

By the way, the game sucks. :rolleyes:

Everything said here is true. Constructive criticism is needed for improvement, but an overabundance of negatives while ignoring the positives is only harmful.

There ARE players (like myself) who, before purchasing a game, peruse the forums for hints as to what they should expect. These forums are not at all indicative of just how much this game does well. Players will surf these forums and decide not to purchase the game, and therefore the game will die.

Stop whining so much.

One surefire way to limit that is to make the game so awesome that most players have nothing to complain about or are so busy enjoying the game that they can't be bothered to come to the forums.

Failing that, another way to combat it is to communicate clearly and frequently to the players what is happening to improve the game and roughly when those things will happen.

Guess who's not doing any of those things? Go on, guess!

Jamming your fingertips into your ears and singing the La La song loudly to prevent yourself from hearing the truth does not make the truth go away.

Edited by DarthTHC

Agreed. No more posting what the game is lacking and what it needs to do to keep players interested. Instead, we need to point out how the game is an incredibly sensitive game, one that inspires joy-joy feelings in everyone around it.

People won't do that these days though. People as a whole LOVE turmoil and drama etc. They LOVE bashing things, especially ESPECIALLY mmos! They are WAY too tough on them.

One surefire way to limit that is to make the game so awesome that most players have nothing to complain about or are so busy enjoying the game that they can't be bothered to come to the forums.

Failing that, another way to combat it is to communicate clearly and frequently to the players what is happening to improve the game and roughly when those things will happen.

Guess who's not doing any of those things? Go on, guess!

Jamming your fingertips into your ears and singing the La La song loudly to prevent yourself from hearing the truth does not make the truth go away.

I've always been pretty far from being the 'la la la' guy or even a fanboy. I play too many of these games to be anyone's fanboy. But these forums are despicably whiney. It's incessant.

Edited by undeniablyjeff

People won't do that these days though. People as a whole LOVE turmoil and drama etc. They LOVE bashing things, especially ESPECIALLY mmos! They are WAY too tough on them.

I blame the economy. People need therapy.

Edited by undeniablyjeff

I've always been pretty far from being the 'la la la' guy or even a fanboy. I play too many of these games to be anyone's fanboy. But these forums are despicably whiney. It's incessant.

Sounds like every other fanboy. Just go back to WOW ro GW2. we don't need YOUR kind here anymore.

Stoped reading there

You should give every post a chance. After all, it took time and consideration to make the post. Just like this game. I think, that if we all were patient and much friendlier with each other, then this game could be something great. Let's just stop yelling at Bioware and each other and just play the game :D

But these forums are despicably whiney. It's incessant.

Why is it that everyone that has played every MMO ever made like this guy here always sees the whiny forums as a curve ball that came out of nowhere?

Seriously, I've never seen a positive MMO forum before, ever. They are all overwhelmingly negative. Going to a MMO forum expecting positivity is like going to a sports bar during the super bowl expecting sobriety.

It isn't going to happen.

Nice try, but I don't feed trolls.

I think that this game should be given a fair chance. A lot of hard work went into it after all. To be honest, this is probably the best game I've played since Morrowind :). I'm sure if you tweaked around with your computer a little, the game would run perfectly just as it does with my older computer. At the end of the day, just play this game and have fun. That's what it was made for. Take care and perhaps I'll see you in game :D

I think that this game should be given a fair chance. A lot of hard work went into it after all. To be honest, this is probably the best game I've played since Morrowind :). I'm sure if you tweaked around with your computer a little, the game would run perfectly just as it does with my older computer. At the end of the day, just play this game and have fun. That's what it was made for. Take care and perhaps I'll see you in game :D

Thanks. But I actually did tweak enough to run it well. Also, BW patched the leaks, which also helped a great deal. I just put my old sig up for the guy who called me a fanboy to prove I'm not.

Agreed. No more posting what the game is lacking and what it needs to do to keep players interested. Instead, we need to point out how the game is an incredibly sensitive game, one that inspires joy-joy feelings in everyone around it.

you-look-great-----to-day!!

I'd just like to note that people have been posting those kind of threads in other game forums for years (EQ, WoW, AO, LoTRO, CoH) and those games are still going.

MMO games are not like the U.S. economy in that way. This whole thread is based on a faulty analogy.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

I'd just like to note that people have been posting those kind of threads in other game forums for years (EQ, WoW, AO, LoTRO, CoH) and those games are still going.

MMO games are not like the U.S. economy in that way. This whole thread is based on a faulty analogy.

I disagree. I think it's a perfect analogy for a society that complains about a bad economy, then goes to the nearest mall and buys boatloads of useless crap day in, day out.

Edited by undeniablyjeff

The OPs point might be valid, but there's one thing to keep in mind: gamers complain. There is nothing gamers like more than complaining. Gamers like complaining about games more than they like gaming.

And 10 times worse than this is the MMO gamer. MMO gamers, when they decide they don't like a game, generally tend to decide the following:

1. The game in question is terrible, probably the worse game ever

2. Anyone who like the game in question either is an idiot or hasn't been exposed to far superior games like <<insert complainers current favorites here>>.

It's almost spooky how emotionally invested MMO players get. They will spend hours upon hours venting on the forums trying to convince everyone that they should stop playing.

So, in sum, I'd say the following:

1. If you hate the game, you have the right to vent about it. But don't for one moment think you'll convince anyone that does like the game that they shouldn't anymore. In the history of MMO forums, no poster has every convinced another poster that a game is good or bad.

2. If you haven't played this game, don't listen to the haters or the people who love the game. You can play up to level 15 and get a very good idea what the game is like. Download the client and play it. If you like, subscribe. If you get to endgame and like, keep subbing. If you decide you don't like endgame, unsub or roll an alt. Your money and time spent previous is not wasted if you had fun during that time.

+1 interwebs for getting the demolition man references in both our posts.

It fills this black heart of mine with joy that there are still people out there with memories that can extend beyond last week.

Stoped reading there

I want you to look at your post here, and then ask yourself this question: "Should I really be making any kind of mocking comment to someone's spelling and/or grammar?"

I disagree. I think it's a perfect analogy for a society that complains about a bad economy, then goes to the nearest mall and buys boatloads of useless crap day in, day out.

I think you misunderstood. The OP is saying that government officials saying something negative about the economy having the effect of making the economy worse is like forum goers saying something negative about the game having the effect of making the game worse. It's a bad analogy because it isn't true (about the game, not the economy).

Many game forums have had the same comments going on for years and they are still up and running. In other words, players saying bad things about the game isn't going to kill the game because it hasn't killed all of the others.

Plus the analogy is faulty in that he likens us (the players) to U.S. government officials in our relation to the game when compared to their relation to the economy. Really, it would have to be the devs saying something bad to be likened to government officials in that regard.

In short post all the negative, "What's Wrong" and "I Quit because..." threads you want. It won't kill the game and if your threads have even the tiniest bit of constructive criticism it might actually help it.

Edited by Blackavaar