How much strength do you have? (PvP version)

Arkerus

I am playing primarily for PvP so I won't have some of the extremely high goals some folks have for PvE str.

My combat sentinel is sitting around 1475, unbuffed. I am using strength augments primarily. I don't see a reason to move to power augments yet. I am not fully augmented as I am still saving the money to fill out my gear.

I have 3 pieces of WH gear as well. The rest is BM or high level PvE mods. That brings me to about 980 expertise.

I am wondering if my current strength is low, high or just average compared to the rest of the sentinel community. Any input is appreciated.

Edited by Arkerus

Fully buffed Stats (Valor 89) - Bonus Damage is sitting at 607.8 Fully buffed. When I am done my twinking I will have very close to 1800 Str and 1200 Power. ~650 Bonus Damage

At present:

1754 Str

1001 Power

18,600 ish hits

1240 Expertise

29.8 Crit

81.1 Surge

Can you guys elaborate on what gear you are wearing? Perhaps what mods you may have stripped from PvE, etc? My STR seems low and I would like to explore some ways to improve it.

Obviously I can finish getting my WH set. What else do you recommend?

in pvp with full buffs I run:

1832 STR

965 power

240 crit rating

371 surge

159 acc.

1208 expertise

this gives:

617.8 melee bonus damage

31.85% melee crit chance

77.95% crit multiplier

22.84% expertise damage multiplier

96.3-102.3% acc depending on spec.

oh and 18995 hp

um I switched out all the WH mods for ones that have +39 power or crit and switched out all the enhancements for ones that give +41 power or crit. I used power crystals in my light sabers. I used orange belt/bracers with 61 pve might armorings and WH mods. I run STR augments

in pvp with full buffs I run:

1832 STR

965 power

240 crit rating

371 surge

159 acc.

1208 expertise

this gives:

617.8 melee bonus damage

31.85% melee crit chance

77.95% crit multiplier

22.84% expertise damage multiplier

96.3-102.3% acc depending on spec.

oh and 18995 hp

um I switched out all the WH mods for ones that have +39 power or crit and switched out all the enhancements for ones that give +41 power or crit. I used power crystals in my light sabers. I used orange belt/bracers with 61 pve might armorings and WH mods. I run STR augments

^^ Very similar to what I am doing 7 x WH Sentinel Helm Mods, 7 x WH Field Tech Boots Enhancements, 2 x Power Crystals, and OJ Belt Bracers with the cast off Mods from above changes...but I still have a few to buy to complete. I think I have 5 pieces left to buy until complete. Then I will tweak the Augments to hit desired levels.

The only PVE Mods that will make it into my suit are 2 x Might Armoring 26 for the Belt/Bracer. I'm still saving up for them at the moment.

Edited by Ananaku

I have seen a few threads on this and am a little confused. I was under the impression that expertise was the most important stat for pvp and it doesn't have any DR. However, i see people stacking strength with minimal expertise (around 1000). Isn't all that extra damage gonna be partially negated by the damage reduction from expertise anyway? Or am I missing some thing here?

Right now my strength is around 1425 and my expertise is around 1350. I haven't finished modding either as I hope to bring my strength to that 1600 mark.

Honestly the "expertise is king" camp really means "expertise is king up to a certain level."

My Sent only has 2x WH implants and 2x WH relics. He's at 1206 expertise which is 22.9% or so damage increase. Full WH would give me about 1% more damage increase which is the definition of trivial.

So really the benefit of full WH is the 61 armorings/mods/implants which you'll then have to min/max the hell out of to see the full impact because, for example, the full Sentinel WH set only has 25 more Strength than BM but loses 94 power.

Honestly the "expertise is king" camp really means "expertise is king up to a certain level."

My Sent only has 2x WH implants and 2x WH relics. He's at 1206 expertise which is 22.9% or so damage increase. Full WH would give me about 1% more damage increase which is the definition of trivial.

So really the benefit of full WH is the 61 armorings/mods/implants which you'll then have to min/max the hell out of to see the full impact because, for example, the full Sentinel WH set only has 25 more Strength than BM but loses 94 power.

What level is expertise not as effective as stacking strength/power? I'm not from the "expertise is king camp" I just honestly don't know and everyone seems to have a different opinion. lol.

At what point is expertise high enough?

I wouldnt replace expertise mods for power. Since it also increases the amount of healing you get

That is completely untrue. READ THE TOOLTIP. The only benefit you get is if you are annihilation spec, and the healing increase would be COMPLETELY trivial, it's less than 1% healing gained which is absolutely nothing.

Edited by Megatfx