Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Should I keep my expertise crystals?

heechJunzi

I'm a sentinel with 6 WH pieces. Just got my mainhand, and total expertise would be 1290. I recall hearing previously 1200+ and you're well on the way towards DR, so I am deciding between keeping the +50 expertise, or swapping out with the power crystal.

Thoughts?

I'm a sentinel with 6 WH pieces. Just got my mainhand, and total expertise would be 1290. I recall hearing previously 1200+ and you're well on the way towards DR, so I am deciding between keeping the +50 expertise, or swapping out with the power crystal.

Thoughts?

Power will increase your damage more than Expertise at your current Expertise level.

Expertise will increase your ability to survive.

Which is more important to you?

(please note that you are probably not looking at any substantial gain regardless of which you choose and why).

They're right. the extra 82 power in two weapons will give you a lot more DPS gain than the extra 82 expertise would at your current expertise levels. The question is how much survivability you want to sacrifice. You're not losing that much, but you are losing some. It's ultimately a matter of your preference.

Im running full WH with Black hole belt and bracers and a +41 power crystal for around 1100 expertise and I dont feel gimper at all, if anything I put out more damage to compensate for anything else ive given up.

Get the +41 stat of anything other then expertise. You dont need it.

Im running full WH with Black hole belt and bracers and a +41 power crystal for around 1100 expertise and I dont feel gimper at all, if anything I put out more damage to compensate for anything else ive given up.

Get the +41 stat of anything other then expertise. You dont need it.

First off, thanks to all those who shared.

This actually brings up a different question... I'm planning to start getting a few black hole accessories as well.

What's a better item to emphasize? The belts/bracers, or the implants? Seems like implants are pretty cheap, and stats are nice. Just wondering if anyone has expertise (no pun intended!) to share.

Edited by heechJunzi

This actually brings up a different question... I'm planning to start getting a few black hole accessories as well.

What's a better item to emphasize? The belts/bracers, or the implants? Seems like implants are pretty cheap, and stats are nice. Just wondering if anyone has expertise (no pun intended!) to share.

I chose the belts and bracers because to me its easier to just use the BH versions of those pieces then trying to find an orange belt and bracer and tryin to figure out how to BIS it and have to grind for those pieces or go broke buying them on the AH.

I chose the belts and bracers because to me its easier to just use the BH versions of those pieces then trying to find an orange belt and bracer and tryin to figure out how to BIS it and have to grind for those pieces or go broke buying them on the AH.

800-900k in mats per armoring, not bad at all.

Also i've been switching expertise and power crystals back and forth... there's really not a huge difference with my gear set up (check my armory in sig). The power is like a 1.9% damage upgrade and the expertise is a 1.1% damage in expertise to the stat but it adds a little over .7% defense too. So yeah not a big difference at all and not to be worried about.

i just got the Advanced Force Wielder Armoring 26 for my belt and bracers and added a WH mod for the mods. That way Im only losing 40expertise per piece. And I gain around 500HP and 50 Willpower per piece

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.