Arsenal Mercenary Guide: 1.3 Updated!

Aerro

The guide should be updated with changes coming in 1.4. No I cannot elaborate further without getting into any trouble.

Lets just say you all will be pleased.

I'm willing to toss MY diginity for a quick glimpse of what is coming, come on, it'll be a quicky! :D

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to toss MY diginity for a quick glimpse of what is coming, come on, it'll be a quicky! :D

Haha, well also having a friend in the industry works wonders. Just keep in mind everything is subject to change but be patient!

Haha, well also having a friend in the industry works wonders. Just keep in mind everything is subject to change but be patient!

Quick question Aerro, will we get any benefit for pvp, either pyro or arsenal?

Edited by yoomazir

Quick question Aerro, will we get any benefit for pvp, either pyro or arsenal?

You know I can't answer that!

Edit: Now I can since they released some information ;)

-Mercenaries and Commandos now have a 30-meter interrupt, Disabling Shot. This ability interrupts the target's current action and prevents that ability from being used for the next 4 seconds. This ability can be trained at level 18.

-Tracer Lock/Charged Barrel: Now each stack additionally reduces the activation time of your next Healing Scan/Advanced Medical Probe by 20% per stack.

Edited by Aerro

• 2 weeks later...
Dumb question...

Does using the instant heal (with a 5 "tracer lock" stack) actually consume the tracer locks, like it does when you use Rail shot? If so, then I assume this "buff" was put in place to help PvP's... ?

Tye

It does consume the Tracer Lock stacks, so it was intended for mostly PvP usage.

It does consume the Tracer Lock stacks, so it was intended for mostly PvP usage.

Im looking froward to seeing this change in PVP, having that 3rd instant heal will really piss off some other classes tho imo. We can use WZ med pack, 35% of our health back, power surger + heal 3500 - 4500k health and now this with again 3500 - 4500k health. thats what 13 - 14k health back? in a few seconds of kiting behind a wall..

Hey Aerro, interested to see what you come up with. Have to see the stats form any ear pieces yet? That's the only thing missing from my BiS list.

We're 4/5 HM TFB on the PTS, and have yet to see any sort of ear pieces drop :/

We're 4/5 HM TFB on the PTS, and have yet to see any sort of ear pieces drop :/

Awww nuts, and my current Ear has all the wrong stats for the 1.4 set, it's got crit/surge when it needs power/accuracy. So getting Best-in-Slot will mean getting a lot of extra weapons for the mods, and boots for the enhancements.

Awww nuts, and my current Ear has all the wrong stats for the 1.4 set, it's got crit/surge when it needs power/accuracy. So getting Best-in-Slot will mean getting a lot of extra weapons for the mods, and boots for the enhancements.

I'm hoping there is an ear piece that has Acc/Power. I can't seem to find one but there should be!

Hey Aerro, interested to see what you come up with. Have to see the stats form any ear pieces yet? That's the only thing missing from my BiS list.

What is the DPS parsing for your BiS list with simc?

Mine is at 1958, which I'm not sure if thats even right. This is without a stim though. The stats are (adding in stim):

Aim: 2382

Power: 1075

Accuracy: 100.27% (can probably drop an Acc enhance)

Crit: ~37.8% adding in Stim

Surge: 76.28%

I guess I could drop an Acc/Power enhance for a Power/Surge... but I'm not quite sure.

What do you think?

What is the DPS parsing for your BiS list with simc?

Mine is at 1958, which I'm not sure if thats even right. This is without a stim though. The stats are (adding in stim):

Aim: 2382

Power: 1075

Accuracy: 100.27% (can probably drop an Acc enhance)

Crit: ~37.8% adding in Stim

Surge: 76.28%

I guess I could drop an Acc/Power enhance for a Power/Surge... but I'm not quite sure.

What do you think?

Quoting since new page started.

Also, the sim is not taking into account the 1% crit and surge you gain from companions.

Edited by Aerro

Yeah you have to go to legacy and tick on the companion buffs, and you need to go to datacrons and tick those on. I don't have a BiS profile for 1.4 because Ask Mr Robot hasn't updated. Obviously you can see the stats for the mods and implants are correct, but I don't know if that Ear Piece is real or just excess junk from 1.3 data mining.

I suppose though that if the overall stats are correct that's the main thing.

I know it's being pedantic but....

Taking one extra crit mod (+44 crit, -44 power) gives you 1.4 more DPS. I checked 88 more crit, that's very slightly worse.

Also, it's funny but one point of critical reaction and one point of systems calibrations used to give more DPS than 2 points of critical reaction...and now it doesn't. Not sure what's going on there.

Yeah there seems to be A LOT going on that was different than before. I'm not sure. I'm not too worried since every single piece of our gear is poorly itemized... so that means I need like 6 damn gloves and a bunch of other pieces >.>

What site are you doing the simulations with? I don't have a BiS list to try, but I refuse to PvP so have done something weird with my gear (and still only have a 61 ear as I didn't trust the ones that were shown) that I would like to see how the higher weapon and bonus damage compares: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/b46c2656-5a71-41b2-9683-47cf1297282d

Raekor it's called Simulation Craft.

http://code.google.com/p/simulationcraft-swtor/

I figured out what's going on with the Alacrity. Alacrity improves DPS up until you overcome lag, then there's a small dip where your casts no longer line up to fill the 15 second gap between Rail Shots and Heat Seekers. So past that point more Alacrity gives you less DPS for a bit and then still more Alacrity gives you a boost again.

I'll run a plot overnight (it's freaking slow) so you can see the curve.

Of course the amount of lag you have is dependent on the player, so it's impossible to pin down the exact sweet spot for Alacrity.

Edited by acnoj

I probably did something wrong, but it came up with 1948 over 1000 iterations, low ping, and a player skill of good (no way am I elite lol). Running the same but changing skill from good to elite got 2007. I saw no option to add the stim, so I assume that is without one.

I probably did something wrong, but it came up with 1948 over 1000 iterations, low ping, and a player skill of good (no way am I elite lol). Running the same but changing skill from good to elite got 2007. I saw no option to add the stim, so I assume that is without one.

There are some different options to turn on, just click around and you'll end up finding it. Its what I had to do!