Arsenal Mercenary Guide: 1.3 Updated!

Aerro

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you have to go to legacy and tick on the companion buffs, and you need to go to datacrons and tick those on. I don't have a BiS profile for 1.4 because Ask Mr Robot hasn't updated. Obviously you can see the stats for the mods and implants are correct, but I don't know if that Ear Piece is real or just excess junk from 1.3 data mining.

I suppose though that if the overall stats are correct that's the main thing.

Hey all! I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and wanted to jump in. We're updating the site very soon (hopefully tonight) with 1.4 items. Unfortunately, the timing was bad since Mists of Pandaria just released for WoW 1 day before SWTOR Patch 1.4. (*gasp* I mean... kill those pandas!).

I also wanted to say thanks for using the site :) It's fun to see threads like this, using our tool to link to gear lists and all that jazz. It's one of the main reasons we built it.

After we launch it, if anyone sees missing items or wrong items (like an Offhand isn't updated with extra mod slots), let me know. I don't get emails if you PM me on these boards, so just email me directly if you want a quicker response. Feedback at askmrrobot dot com.

Hey all! I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and wanted to jump in. We're updating the site very soon (hopefully tonight) with 1.4 items. Unfortunately, the timing was bad since Mists of Pandaria just released for WoW 1 day before SWTOR Patch 1.4. (*gasp* I mean... kill those pandas!).

I also wanted to say thanks for using the site :) It's fun to see threads like this, using our tool to link to gear lists and all that jazz. It's one of the main reasons we built it.

After we launch it, if anyone sees missing items or wrong items (like an Offhand isn't updated with extra mod slots), let me know. I don't get emails if you PM me on these boards, so just email me directly if you want a quicker response. Feedback at askmrrobot dot com.

Thanks for keeping that site updated, it is an awesome tool.

Here's the Alacrity plot I promised. Sorry it's harder to read than I realized, stupid JPG compression.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/192146/modules/forum/attachments/alacrity+plot_1348792887.JPG

Basically it shows the Alacrity peak where Alacrity makes up for the lag delays, then a dip as the Alacrity puts your casts slightly out of sync with the Heat Seeker and Rail Shot cooldowns, and then the rise after that as more Alacrity continues to improve DPS.

Edit: Here's a less blurry version.

http://files.enjin.com.s3.amazonaws.com/192146/modules/forum/attachments/Alacrity+Plot+2_1348794314.jpg

Edited by acnoj

Hey guys, quick note: our 1.4 update is going to take 1 more day while we try to get the new operation included for the combat log parser. Someone was kind enough to send me their log of all the bosses so I can get the ID's out of that. If anyone knows the ID's for all of the last bosses, that would help a lot. If you don't know how to grab the ID, post a link to your combat log in dropbox or something (I need the actual log, not a link to it uploaded to AMR).

Hey guys, quick note: our 1.4 update is going to take 1 more day while we try to get the new operation included for the combat log parser. Someone was kind enough to send me their log of all the bosses so I can get the ID's out of that. If anyone knows the ID's for all of the last bosses, that would help a lot. If you don't know how to grab the ID, post a link to your combat log in dropbox or something (I need the actual log, not a link to it uploaded to AMR).

I think my guild is tossing you some logs.

• 2 weeks later...

Another Question..

When your barrage procs off of a TM, but you necessarily dont anticipate it proccing, because we are all not god and dont know when things will proc, and you begin casting another TM... Do you stop your cast to utilise your barrage proc by moving a bit, or do you go through with your cast and then utilize your barrage after.

I don't parse much to know which is better, but i could imagine in the long run, doing the TM instead of utilising barrage proc would be bad for heat management.

I hope this question is legible.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Posting just for it to be brought out again.

Since I cannot update titles- I made a thread generally for each update. I cannot find my overall Merc guide, as it was moved to MMO-Champion where I Moderate, so I felt it only necessary for it to be there.

The link to the guide can be found on page 1, or my signature, and it is most recently updated to 2.2.2.

It includes over a thousand of posts that are mostly theorycrafting or helping fellow members who end up there. I am only bringing it to light on these forums as its clear that there is a player base who strictly focus on SWTOR.com.

Edited by Aerro

I totally realize I'm not using vent heat enough. and loosing on the alacrity.. I've been doing the old thing and trying to keep my heat down... probably starving my dps...

anyway I have questions about the rotation.

I don't understand your opener graphic... are you suposed to read it left to right and perform that sequence then hit net?

If net is was priority 1 so why wouldn't you fire it first?

Edited by Choffware