I need help with something....

gunnerjoe

I heard rumors that you can use social gear as a cosmetic gear without taking any stat penalties

1. How do u do this

2. Can you do this with regular gear

3. If not will they add an option where you can use any gear you want for cosmetic purposes?

There's a thing called mods put them in the gear.

I understand that, but lets say I have a piece of gear that is a light armor piece but looks really good on my JK, will I in the future be able to put it on without taking stat penalties??

1. Most (all?) social gear is labeled 'adaptive' which means it works the same as before (gets stats from mods) but the armor type will scale to what your characters class can use.

2. No.

3. Probably not. Barely anyone was using social gear, i.e. it was a reward that only light armor wearing classes could find a use for.

1. Most (all?) social gear is labeled 'adaptive' which means it works the same as before (gets stats from mods) but the armor type will scale to what your characters class can use.

2. No.

3. Probably not. Barely anyone was using social gear, i.e. it was a reward that only light armor wearing classes could find a use for.

Thats unfortunate because the cosmetic clothing option in LOTRO really works well, I am sure it would work really well in this game as well because I saw a lot of bad looking gear that I had no choice but to use it

I understand that, but lets say I have a piece of gear that is a light armor piece but looks really good on my JK, will I in the future be able to put it on without taking stat penalties??

Nope...It specifically has to be the social gear, which has been renamed Adaptive Armor to not have penalties. The other armor grades are what they are and do not change. Though you can change the mods out but you'll still have penalties because it's not your specific armor type.

For example I'm using a Trooper Chest piece with all the mods taken out and put in my Jedi Guardian mods, though there isn't any penalties because it's the same armor type.

All Social gear is Adaptive gear (gear that scales its weight to the armor wearer) and unfortunately for the time being, the only adaptive gear. I'm sure there will be other gear in the future that can be crafted as adaptive because there is a slot for it on the GTN. There are some ups and downs to it at the moment, however. One positive is that social gear can be great for leveling alts because it's a full set in which you can throw mods into. Unfortunately, any gear before 1.2 will not retain the set bonuses (Tionese, Columi, Rakata, Battlemaster). Only Campaign and War Hero gear will retain the set bonuses in Social Gear/Adaptive gear because the bonuses are tied to the mods. But to answer the OP's original question, no, not all gear is Adaptive. Currently, only social gear is.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.