Order-Sixty-Six

Knockback > shove > knockback on cd, no knockback occurs

WHYYYYYYYYY???

Knockback > die > no knockback

WHHHHYYYYYY???

Knockback > flashbang > no knockback

WHHHHYYYYY????/

Knockback > knockback

HOW DOES MY KNOCKBACK KNOCK ME INTO THE FIRE?

is this a channeled ability? is it supposed to be interruptable?

I'm talking about force wave and it's stupid animation, it's almost as useless as force cloak.

Edited by Order-Sixty-Six

Every Knockback animation in the game has been fixed to be instant more than 2 patches ago.

Except ours.

Sometimes i feel the Devs just gave up on our class.

Every single patch has a fix for warrior/marauder, including the last one.

Oh dear.

Welcome to the life of a rage Juggernaut.

You also wouldn't believe how bugged force push can be sometimes.

Yeah force push can be buggy - especially in relation to lag/positioning server issues.

But the OP is right, Force wave is a total joke. I cant count how many times the animation has delayed the ability from firing properly ...or at all in the case of being defeated before the animation finishes.

Instant abilities that arent even close to instant are really frustrating.

Welcome to the life of a rage Juggernaut.

You also wouldn't believe how bugged force push can be sometimes.

"Welcome" implies you ever had it worse off than us. Amusing.. ;)

I used to play a sage, V81 +1 month gametime etc. I have other alts as well, yes - I play much. I rerolled empire because my brothers decided to and I didn't find it much fun to play an MMO alone. Enough life story; moving to the point. The second I started jumping around with my Sorcerer I immediately felt that disgusting advantage over my sage- the smoothness of animations and the knockback in particular. Like with everything else republic truly seems to be the "accidental victims" of these imbalances. (Psss. Telekinetic Momentum didn't work for months and Bioware ninja fixed it without anything in the patch notes with a thread in the Sage forums with thousand and thousand of views.

Gotta say it sucks to play vs a Commando/Merc, totally outplay them in every single way - starting a knockback and they get to press a lot later but they'll still hit first. Ridicolous. I'm always a republican by heart but since I have my family on the Empire side right now and I quite like my Chiss sorcerer I will not go back anytime soon.

My hope about Bioware being able to balance this game is slowly, sadly, disapating :( .. Bioware, remember. Neverwinter Nights.

Not only that but how pathetic is the actual knockback distance?

In beta it was decent before they nerfed the range for assassins and with that the knockback range for both classes. It was never like the commando one but it was... decent.

Now you're lucky to knock someone off the catwalk in Huttball; more likely you just nudge them in a different direction.

BW, make it instant and make it 15m radius, or whatever it was before.

Edited by Monterone

Maybe you should turn resolve bars on nameplates on so this way you can see if the person you're trying to knock back is full resolved.

You know how often i get full resolved then charge to a healer and they instantly pop their KB while I lol into a ravaged gore? Quite often.

Maybe you should turn resolve bars on nameplates on so this way you can see if the person you're trying to knock back is full resolved.

You know how often i get full resolved then charge to a healer and they instantly pop their KB while I lol into a ravaged gore? Quite often.

There's a bug where it doesn't always affect people. I'm spec'd into electrical bindings, so even when someone has full resolve it should root them - but sometimes it doesn't, even when i'm right next to the person.

Which class is it that has a knockback that opens up a teleportation gate straight to one of the fire pits, in Huttball, regardless of where I am on the map when it hits me? I want that knockback. It's way better than the one I have and where melee classes still are in range when I've used it.

Another great call, BW.

Edited by MidichIorian

Yeah force push can be buggy - especially in relation to lag/positioning server issues.

But the OP is right, Force wave is a total joke. I cant count how many times the animation has delayed the ability from firing properly ...or at all in the case of being defeated before the animation finishes.

Instant abilities that arent even close to instant are really frustrating.

This is the crux of the matter. I don't use force push when I'm on my side of the huttball field because I'm tired of throwing people across the firepitt to the side they want to be on instead of throwing them off the catwalk. I've seen up to a 3 second delay from the time I hit force push to the time it goes off. That's really unacceptable.

Marauders are so defensive about their stuff that they get into a thread where we are discussing an obvious lack of design of our class and tell us to L2P.

"Your knockback is well designed, its fine learn to play pleeze stay still while i slaughter all because i got mad skillz when i rolled marauder and no one can counter me now lol."

Edited by Laforet

Or, maybe, just maybe, healer did that because overload can do 'some other things' when you take 'some weird talents' on that 'weird lightning tree'. Or, maybe, you were not resolved when he/she pressed the button but someone resolved you when the animation ended.

So, continue with lol'ing. :cool:

Gotta say it sucks to play vs a Commando/Merc, totally outplay them in every single way - starting a knockback and they get to press a lot later but they'll still hit first. Ridicolous. I'm always a republican by heart but since I have my family on the Empire side right now and I quite like my Chiss sorcerer I will not go back anytime soon.

commando/merc punt is instant. counselor/inquis punt is delayed - not really delayed by animation, just delayed. the same is true of cryo grenade for troopers. it's not instant. there's a delay for cocking your arm and actually throwing the grenade. it's kind of bs because it makes timing inquis/counselors with force speed on a fire nearly impossible. I would prefer that they all be instant. my big question: why the hell is the mara/sent force leap effect instant? it's an instant interrupt that does NOT wait for the animation. and of all classes, does it have to be that one that doesn't get screwed over on this issue?

There's a bug where it doesn't always affect people. I'm spec'd into electrical bindings, so even when someone has full resolve it should root them - but sometimes it doesn't, even when i'm right next to the person.

I've never seen this happen, and that root on sorc knockback is so annoying that it always applies. It's frustrating.

Marauders are so defensive about their stuff that they get into a thread where we are discussing an obvious lack of design of our class and tell us to L2P.

"Your knockback is well designed, its fine learn to play pleeze stay still while i slaughter all because i got mad skillz when i rolled marauder and no one can counter me now lol."

Seriously it happens a lot and it's like really guys? I wasn't saying you all don't have resolve bars on name plates but it was for the people who don't have it up or don't know it's there. Was trying to help.

Or, maybe, just maybe, healer did that because overload can do 'some other things' when you take 'some weird talents' on that 'weird lightning tree'. Or, maybe, you were not resolved when he/she pressed the button but someone resolved you when the animation ended.

So, continue with lol'ing. :cool:

Well my ravage is obviously rooting too as i'm popping a gore, so they're not doing anything to help themselves.