Annihilation and baby heals...

UGLYMRJ

So I asked the question in another thread regarding baby heals. What is your max healing done in a WZ and how did you get it?

First: Mine is 86k, mostly BM with some WH and it was just a long voidstar with me in the middle of a large crowd for a majority of the game. Berserk + Frenzy + Bloodthirst as often as possible as well.

Second: On that other thread I had a marauder claim 155k healing with a heal as high as 1000hp. I call BS but maybe there is something I'm missing. This marauder said they were geared optimally... not just full WH with aug's but with power stacked as well which I'm sure most of us are gunning for.

Anyways, my point and the second part of this question is....

How does the healing work? As I always understood it, it worked like it reads. If spec'd into it (Which I'm sure every annihilation marauder is) I would heal myself for 2% of maximum health on crit bleeds. On top of that I will heal my team for 1% of their max HP when berserk is popped during crit bleeds... which all of them will crit through the duration of berserk.

Here's what doesn't make sense... it does heal like a normal heal works according to how it's stated. It heals according to max HP. Well, I didn't think about it until now... but that's not the case. What am I missing?

I know currently I heal myself for anywhere from 185-420 on average. My team has told me I've healed them for as much as 500-600. Here's the problem... as stated this does not make sense. The only part of this that makes sense is the small end of my heals at 185-370 being 1 and 2 % of my max HP approx. But I heal myself for 420 pretty often... it's almost the norm. And if I'm healing my team mates for 500-600 sometimes, how does that work? I know I don't have 21k HP... and I'm very sure that few on my have 25-30k HP.

Does power play into this? As it's worded it doesn't sound as if it should. Is there another ability that's feeding these heals that I forgot about?

Someone please clarify this for me.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

If it's as simple as a crit then why the large discrepancy between numbers? Even on a full tank with 28k HP I can't see critting 1000 HP on a 1% heal.

That's hypothetical since I never made that claim but here's something from my experience. In my guild, the guy I play with most is rocking the tanksin spec still with about 20k HP. He says I heal him for 500-600 all the time. I'm only healing my team for 1% with berserk popped.... even if I throw in a bloodthirst for 15% of that 1% we should be looking at no more than 230 or so on any heal... by those numbers that would mean that my crit heals are hitting for an additional 250% and then some???

That's the part I don't understand.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe you must also count in the expertise bonus to the heals as well as surge for the crits., Also watch if bloodthirst is popped along with the berserk, i do believe all of these can increase your "baby"

heals.

When you pop beserk you're healing nearby teammates, it's gonna happen alot around doors in voidstar and around a node with a heavy fight in civil war, before I flipped my mara to carnage I pulled 98K healing popping beserk everytime it's up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe you must also count in the expertise bonus to the heals as well as surge for the crits., Also watch if bloodthirst is popped along with the berserk, i do believe all of these can increase your "baby"

heals.

This still doesn't answer the question.

So far the suggestions are crit and expertise. I doubt the crits on the heals are adding an additional 250% and expertise is not right either. We run a lot of ops and it's near the same. The numbers don't change much. And yes... as I noted in the original post bloodthirst will actually increase these heals slightly it seems.

The question I have is:

The way it is written in game, I heal myself for 2% on crit bleeds. I heal my party for 1% on crit bleeds when berserk is popped. Blood thirst can potentially raise these heals 15%. Let's say I have a team mate with 20k HP. My 1% heal should heal them for 200HP, with bloodthirst add an additional 15%. Then I should be healing them for 230HP per tic. 230HP per tic is definitely on the low end of my heals. Where is that bump in numbers coming from?

Something makes me heal for 500-600 HP to my team mates sometimes per tic... THAT is what I'm trying to find out. Maybe something unwritten in game? IDK, one of the few things that comes to mind is the stacking of deadly saber. Maybe I'm healing for 1% per stack?

Edited by UGLYMRJ

This still doesn't answer the question.

So far the suggestions are crit and expertise. I doubt the crits on the heals are adding an additional 250% and expertise is not right either. We run a lot of ops and it's near the same. The numbers don't change much. And yes... as I noted in the original post bloodthirst will actually increase these heals slightly it seems.

The question I have is:

The way it is written in game, I heal myself for 2% on crit bleeds. I heal my party for 1% on crit bleeds when berserk is popped. Blood thirst can potentially raise these heals 15%. Let's say I have a team mate with 20k HP. My 1% heal should heal them for 200HP, with bloodthirst add an additional 15%. Then I should be healing them for 230HP per tic. 230HP per tic is definitely on the low end of my heals. Where is that bump in numbers coming from?

Something makes me heal for 500-600 HP to my team mates sometimes per tic... THAT is what I'm trying to find out. Maybe something unwritten in game? IDK, one of the few things that comes to mind is the stacking of deadly saber. Maybe I'm healing for 1% per stack?

Go download Advanced combat tracker and you'll see the actual ticks, rather than 'this guy said it was 100000 per tick!' Last time I looked at my berserk healing, the ticks were 100% explainable by either 1% hp or a crit ( don't forget to include your surge value and any possible increase to healing received by the target from talents/buffs).