Playing on the side of the Empire

Zhanny

Hi all,

Ive been starting on my Sith warrior now and ive reached level 12 but ive got one big thing that is bugging me at the moment and i was wondering if anybody else was having this problem. It took me a couple of hours yesterday to get to this level but it felt like ages and the overal dark en gloomy world on Korriban and then Dromund Kaas really takes the life out of me, im nearly becoming a dark side sith irl :p

Anyone else feeling this a bit? I mean i love the Sith cause its great story uptill now and i would not like to swap side just for the sake of not wanting to be a goody 2 shoes but i felt deflated and needed to stop a bit yesterday :confused:

i love the Sith cause its great story uptill now and i would not like to swap side just for the sake of not wanting to be a goody 2 shoes but i felt deflated and needed to stop a bit yesterday :confused:

You can choose the dark side choices being on a republic character for the sake of not being a goody 2 shoes.

Just remember that this is role playing. There are several things in this game that I wouldn't do in real life like purposely instigating a gun battle 4 heavily armed, trained soldiers. That would just be stupid.

My Sith inquisitor is a sociopathic, two faced chunk of evil incarnate bloated with megliminical self importance while my Jedi sage sincerely believes that she has rescue everyone. Neither of these personalities describe me no do I find them appealing when I encounter them in real life.

Its OK to be evil in a game. There are no real consequences. Just don't be evil in real life where there are consequences.

It's all about what is enjoyable for you.

I ran the Jedi Knight story as 100% light side, because I love Jedi. It was sort of a "What would Obi-Wan do?" thing. :D

A few months later I ran it again 100% dark side. And although the story is the same, there are different results from your choices. But, I enjoyed it way more from the light side.

My point is, if playing evil makes you uncomfortable, try the other side. Or try the middle ground. Smugglers make great "gray" characters.

Do you mean the planets themselves, or playing a Dark Side character?

It sounds to me like you're talking about the atmosphere of the planets themselves, rather than the Dark Side. If so, I agree that Korriban and Dromund Kaas are pretty grim. You do have some nicer, sunnier planets coming up.

I think for me the overall scenery of the dark planets is the downside, i love playing the dark character cause she sometimes spits out some great sarcastic sentences.

Ive now started a Republic counsular and leveled it to 8 and must say that i feel the starting area is much more pleasant to quest through, then only thing that i dislike a bit is the dark side/sarcastic options of my character are not waying as heavy as i would have wanted.

Still rather undecided what i should do but i think ill try both a bit more before deciding, im guessing upcoming planets will be less grim ;)

After playing a couple republic characters, and then switching to empire full time, I actually agree with the OP. Probably the best "starting world" is Tython, at least for my tastes. It's sunny, green and has generally nice scenery. Didn't care at all for either Korriban or Hutta, the latter being way too monotone for me.

After playing a few characters through Coruscant, Dromand Kass, in a way, was nicer, because it was more open, but at the same time, very dreary, obviously, with the rain and storms.

But, no worries, Balmorra is pretty scenic, and you then have Tatooine and Alderaan coming up, which are three out of the four next planets, and are all actually pretty bright or scenic.

The main reason none of my republic character left coruscant yet is because I hate it so much that I don't want to play on any characters there. It's more depressing than dromund kaas- you're in a nice metal box filled with garbage and gangs.

Dromund Kass is dark but after that both sides have access to the same planets just in different order.

I have enjoyed Sith Warrior story line a lot and for me it is 2nd only to Imperial Agent. I have characters both on Empire and Republic sides, all chiss, all light side too (I simply cannot force myself to accept dark side choices...).

P.S. Trying to be good on "bad" side is really enjoyable:)