Saboteur PvP quick-start guide

JeepWithGuy

Hey guys, I am having to stop my Star Wars subscription because of some unexpected and large bills of late. I plan to return when it goes free to play, but free players won't have forum access. I also still have a few videos for this guide to post on my website. You're welcome to come ask questions or leave comments on the main guide page itself. Again, I plan to return when Star Wars goes free to play and keep the Saboteur PvP Quick Start Guide updated.

Thanks to all of you for your great feedback and responses. I hope this forum thread helped at least one person enjoy the game a little more.

Edited by JeepWithGuy

• 2 weeks later...
I save Incendiary Grenade for area denial or cast it on my self if a melee attacks me. One set-up which melts ppls faces off is shock charge, sab charge, flurish, vital, and speed shot. Speedshot base damage + contengency charges + the traited Speed shot dot + our other dots = epic face melt for the target :D Edited by ElderGlorfindel

I was looking at the skill summary for pandemonium and saw that you had it listed as a free charged burst, rather than a instant charged burst. Which is nice to get that extra hit of damage right after the pushback and not break the root

• 3 weeks later...

One big defensive cooldown that was not included was Cool Head, as it returns 6% health. Also, Sabotage itself is a big defensive-style cooldown, as it resets the cooldowns on Cool Head and Defense Screen.

On the questions about rotation, Sabotage Charge and Flourish Shot are the first things most people agree on. Sabotage Charge is a HUGE source of burst damage, and it should be on cooldown as fast as possible so you can use it multiple times in a fight (due to the 30-second cooldown). I usually start with a Sabotage Charge, Flourish Shot, Speed Shot, Vital Shot, Shock Charge. After that is situational based on spec and opponent.

• 6 months later...

I've re-subscribed for the expansion, and will be updating this build/thread again. I've been playing for about a month now, but I haven't had forum access as a Free to Play account. Once I hit 55 i'll start going through it and adjusting things. I see a lot of promise in 2.x for Saboteur Gunslingers. Keep the comments coming!

Or start them again...as it were...