Official Q&A Thread for July 27th Blog Post

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about open/world pvp? Epic bosses with epic gear and other?Guild ship, siege, guild abilities, dominate on server. This is MMO game, but i dont see the scale(mass) of the war, only local wz/rwz. You think about RWZ 1x1, 2x2? tournament? Or we(PvP/Hardcore pvp players) just waste time for waiting any content about this and never cant see then what we've been waiting for... Edited by maybeShe

I play SWTOR at hours that are not normally my servers most populated, as a result I often have to wait for long periods to get into a level 50 Warzone and sometimes can't get a match at all. While I love the idea of community you are trying to create by not having cross-server queues, I like the idea of been able to play Warzones whenever I want even more. What are the teams thoughts on maybe making cross-server Warzones available at non-peak times, in effect creating a cross-server late night/early morning community?

Why is electrostaff given as a proficiency for Shadows and Assassins and yet when equipped they are not able to use moves that say, "requires dual bladed lightsaber?" Was this an oversight, considering Knights and Warriors are able to use vibroswords with attacks even if they say, "requires single bladed lightsaber"?

After having read a few articles and talked to some friends, it's being rumored that Swtor will become free to play.

Q: Is Swtor being switched to Free to Play in the near future?

PS. Please, please, please don't make Swtor free to play. It will ruin the game.

First up, this is a very important question for me, so I would greatly appreciate an answer.

We know players that don't migrate by themselves will have their chars automatically moved. The thing is, how can we know where they will end up? I'm active at the moment, but I started playing this game because of friends, and I made chars in my main server (lord calypho, europe-en) because of friends. However, the friends I want to play with at the moment are inactive due to summer vacations, university exams, etc.

I don't want to end up in a different server from them and lord calypho has two destination servers one can migrate to. How can one know which server they will end up at? I don't want to become separated from the very reason I play this game. Can we know where they will end up at? If not, what can be done?

Thanks in advance for your time if you answer.

What is the back story of the seven pillars on Corellia commemorating the heroes of The Jedi Civil War in BTC 303 (Revan, Bastila, Carth, Canderous, Juhani, Mission, Zaalbar)? How did the people of Corellia arrive at the decision to build the pillars?

Do you have any plans for Space Ship upgrades for level 50

I look at my ship and I see many lower level parts and do not have a way to enhance them :D

It would also be nice to have your group join you on Space quest: ;)

Earlier this year back in Jan. and Feb. You guys stated that there would be a hood up and hood down toggle for robed armor but you guys never gave us a ETA. Can you give us a little more information on this? Currently the display is in the game for all the Jedi on Tython so mirroring this model and re-skinning it for "most" of the robed armor should be reiatively easy. Thanks

This game has been around for a while now, and I recall many, many role-players and many other people just in general wondering why we can't sit in chairs. There are thousands, literally, of chairs in the game, and only 3 can be sat in. Those three are right next to each other on a player's ship. Seriously, you can't tell me that it's hard, or difficult to make chairs able to be sat in, you've already done it. You have the code. Even if it looks half-way goofy, like sitting on the floor which looks like it was designed for female characters. It would still be a step up from the next-to-nothing we have now. Edited by Exhaltia

I originally started playing on an East Coast server to play with friends (that no longer play) and due to performance issues (ISP problems mainly) I switched to a West Coast server. I have a Smuggler on that East Coast server that I would like to transfer to my current server. Will you eventually be opening up other transfer options (such as payed transfers) in the future?

Will any servers be left open for people who do NOT want to be crammed together on megaservers? I did the free transfer and have regretted it ever since. My 45 minute laid back daily run is now a 2 hour frustration, annoyance and why bother run.

Will we be able to transfer off of these megaservers in the future? Or will you just keep condensing them together as a significant portion of the players let their subscriptions lapse?

We stayed on our server as One of our guild if he was transferred would have a total of 13 Characters on the new compulsory server.

As nothing was communicated in the FAQ except mainly tat 'about 7 days free play' and 'pets'

We stayed put. Now we are getting in game messages saying we will be forcibly merged on the 31st!

So will he get access to all his characters, will he lose one of his legacies, will he have to delete some or all of his characters. OR will character slots be increased, will he be allowed to have 2 legacies,

MORE IMPORTANT THOUGH. and the one question allowed by this thread!

Why was none of the above worked out and communicated to customers before you threatened to shut the servers?

Will we be seeing anything new/exciting in the time between or on 1.4 (i.e.:HK-51, SGR, extra character slots, etc) or will we be waiting till next when 1.5/1.6 rolls around?

(I know we're supposed to be getting HK-51 SOON, so I guess I'm more curious about the other things :i_tongue: )

Any reason why Legacy is bound to a server? I'd love to create an alt or two on another server, but frankly, not having sprint at 1 is a bit of a dealbreaker. And as I create more alts, I'm sure not having a speeder at 10 will be another one. For all that I do like about the Legacy system, it certainly discourages being on more than one server.