Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

FOTM? OP? Nerf this, nerf that?

Totaltrash

I enjoy coming to the forums to read other people's points of view, but it's getting annoying to go through all these nerf threads.

Yes, SWTOR PVP is not perfect (and probably never will be).

There are some class imbalances and warzone imbalances in the game - I think most people can agree with that.

But if you call for nerfs because some class is OP at level 15, remember that 10-49 warzones are not balanced.

They are just a training ground to learn your class, the warzones, and gain some experience/credits/comms.

If you just started 50 PVP, understand that there is a) a steep learning curve from 10-49 and b) a considerable gap in gear and skill - i.e. some of us have played 1000's of warzones. It does not mean one class is OP (or yours is UP), it just means that you need to work for better gear first and get more familar with 50 PVP.

Lastly, if you enter a warzone in PVE gear and complain that you get killed in 5 seconds when charging head-on into a i.e. sniper/gs, remember its not because they are OP, it's because you are a moron! :D

The only meaningful nerf/buff discussions should involve:

a) level 50 PVP (not 10-49 warzones) and

b) fully geared vs. fully geared (that's augmented WH) and

c) the classes you actually play at level 50 (no wild guesses, no false info)

Please compare apples to apples!

Lastly, if you enter a warzone in PVE gear and complain that you get killed in 5 seconds when charging head-on into a i.e. sniper/gs, remember its not because they are OP, it's because you are a moron! :D

To be fair, if you enter a warzone in full Recruit gear you will be complaining about getting killed in 6 seconds.

It's the player that makes the class. They all have the tools needed to be successful, it's up to the player.

Truth... in full BM I out perform most of my same class that is in full WH.

To be fair, if you enter a warzone in full Recruit gear you will be complaining about getting killed in 6 seconds.

And you'll complain for less than a week. If it takes anyone more than 5 days to get full BM they should be playing something more casual than an MMO.

Agree that player makes the class.

But a good player with a good class still beats a good player with a bad class on average (ignoring hard counters).

Lots of people think balance is not needed cos they know a guy who knows a guy whos amazing at class X. Exception does not prove the rule and you cant balance around the top top top players as they are usually fighting people lots worse than them.

Agree that player makes the class.

But a good player with a good class still beats a good player with a bad class on average (ignoring hard counters).

Lots of people think balance is not needed cos they know a guy who knows a guy whos amazing at class X. Exception does not prove the rule and you cant balance around the top top top players as they are usually fighting people lots worse than them.

Balance in an MMO is a matter of perspective that is left in the hands of the developer. I would love for anyone to point out one MMO that EVERYONE who plays feels it is balanced. It does not exist.

It's all about perspective... the masses will never agree on this over ANY MMO game.

Balance in an MMO is a matter of perspective that is left in the hands of the developer. I would love for anyone to point out one MMO that EVERYONE who plays feels it is balanced. It does not exist.

It's all about perspective... the masses will never agree on this over ANY MMO game.

Guild Wars was pretty balanced. It just wasn't very popular as a result. People don't like a level playing field in general, they like their time spent to be rewarded with some kind of statistical advantage over their opponent (as that is the underlying concept of most RPGs).

Guild Wars was pretty balanced. It just wasn't very popular as a result. People don't like a level playing field in general, they like their time spent to be rewarded with some kind of statistical advantage over their opponent (as that is the underlying concept of most RPGs).

I almost crapped myself...

Someone who gets it???? :eek:

Not many understand this from a business perspective... everyone gets their turn. You don't have to keep them happy ALL of the time. You just need to keep them happy long enough to stay and pay.

Edited by UGLYMRJ

I enjoy coming to the forums to read other people's points of view, but it's getting annoying to go through all these nerf threads.

Yes, SWTOR PVP is not perfect (and probably never will be).

There are some class imbalances and warzone imbalances in the game - I think most people can agree with that.

But if you call for nerfs because some class is OP at level 15, remember that 10-49 warzones are not balanced.

They are just a training ground to learn your class, the warzones, and gain some experience/credits/comms.

If you just started 50 PVP, understand that there is a) a steep learning curve from 10-49 and b) a considerable gap in gear and skill - i.e. some of us have played 1000's of warzones. It does not mean one class is OP (or yours is UP), it just means that you need to work for better gear first and get more familar with 50 PVP.

The only meaningful nerf/buff discussions should involve:

a) level 50 PVP (not 10-49 warzones) and

b) fully geared vs. fully geared (that's augmented WH) and

c) the classes you actually play at level 50 (no wild guesses, no false info)

Please compare apples to apples!

Honestly, what's more tiresome about these formus isn't nerf threads, it's threads complaining about nerf threads.

People thinking they exist on some higher intellectual ground because they can point out that a PVP forum consists of players discussing PVP and its class balance.

Edited by TheGreatFrosty

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.