So the last eng EU PvP server from Full to sometime Heavy sinse 1.3.

Lord_Karsk

NADD server.Guessing in 3 month it will be light sadly.

I really enjoy the game in so many ways but i want to see PvP saved !

You PvP player base is dying. Why ?

Well we have tried and tell you so many times...

Most fail CC system in gaming history. I know so many who have left over this !

Players dont like beeing stunlocked to death belive it or not.

Gear grind from hell enough said, challenge should be the fighting not getting the gear so

one can actually enjoy the game.This is one area were GW2 will take alot of subs.

Always the FOTM class drives away alot of players ! When players see the class they have

worked hard for is no fun against certain classes they will leave, as many alredy have.

And expertise, the biggest reason players hate lvl 50 pvp.

As we see now less and less players que up for ranked because theu know their class in not wanted.

THERE IS A TINY % of players on these forums who defend these fail systems but the numbers

of subs gone from what used to be a whole lot of full PvP servers speaks for them self !

We came for good gameplay bioware and you failed on delivering it.

Edited by Lord_Karsk

You do realize that you are projecting your own reasons, on events without having any proof. Right?

I can do that too :

Many ppl renewed their sub when RWZ were released +transfers= we had 1k-2k ppl in queue at evenings.

They got disappointed when they found out they actually blow at pvp, and got tired to getting facerolled by a handful of teams that are going for rank1.

Both your and my opinion are unfounded, and mine is even more likely.

Edited by Dmasterr

You do realize that you are projecting your own reasons, on events without having any proof. Right?

I can do that too :

Many ppl renewed their sub when RWZ were released +transfers= we had 1k-2k ppl in queue at evenings.

They got disappointed when they found out they actually blow at pvp, and got tired to getting facerolled by a handful of teams that are going for rank1.

You are part of that tiny % i was talking about. Game have lost more then 1 mill subs,how many of those

do you think were dedicated PvP players....

Edited by Lord_Karsk

I can do that too :

Many people renewed their subs? I think that you're mistaken, when the US servers have gone from around 110 to 10.

You are part of that tiny % i was talking about. Game have lost more then 1 mill subs,how many of those

do you think were dedicated PvP players....

Unfounded statement where all the factors are unknown lol.

And yes, it must be because i play concealment operative and i like stunlocking ppl till they unsub :rolleyes:

Many people renewed their subs? I think that you're mistaken, when the US servers have gone from around 110 to 10.

TOFN is EU server.

You PvP player base is dying. Why ?

Or maybe they just increased population cap so the same number of people that caused the server to be full now just make it heavy.:rolleyes:

Game have lost more then 1 mill subs.

The game, at its best, had 1.7mil subs. Latest published numbers said 1.3mil subs. Where did you get the "lost more than 1 mil subs" part from i don't know. Btw, the 1.3 mil was before they made first 15 levels free. Last night, nar shaddaa(which is past the free levels) had two instances. Do the math.

I'd hate to break it to you, but there have been multiple polls on the forums in regards to expertise with pro-expertise being slightly ahead (usually about 55%).

Is anyone surprised that less people are playing now than at launch? Honestly, the groups that are PVE focused have EC on farm with no new ops or NM in sight and many PVP focused players have full augmented WH gear. People move on to other games and decrease their amount of play, it's going to happen in every MMO and population will pick back up with the next patch.

As for GW2 taking subs, it will. There is no stopping people from going to the new game coming out. Their non gear-focused model will have one major drawback though. Everyone will be rolling FOTM classes because you don't have to level or gear them. Everyone says you never see DPS merc/commandos in SWTOR, but in GW2 you would literally NEVER see some classes. It's good for those who choose the "wrong" class at the start but bad for the game overall. Also, the lack of PVE content will fail to keep all but the strictly PVP focused players away from other games.

Depends when you are comparing the population. ToFN over the weekend was not as busy as usual over the weekend true, but then GW2 beta weekend was open. Pretty much all of my friends on ToFN were playing GW2 to at least some extent.

Overall ToFN has at least a couple of fleets virtually 24/7 - there are still warzones for 50 and sub 50 popping till 3am every night I've been on last week. At 4.30 am last night there was still over 50 people on the fleet.

Population overall is drifting downwards though across all planets and not just the fleet, with the possible exception of the starting planets lately. But... still a busy and vibrant server, should probably save the "we're all doomed" threads for when GW2 actually launches.

I'd hate to break it to you, but there have been multiple polls on the forums in regards to expertise with pro-expertise being slightly ahead (usually about 55%).

Is anyone surprised that less people are playing now than at launch? Honestly, the groups that are PVE focused have EC on farm with no new ops or NM in sight and many PVP focused players have full augmented WH gear. People move on to other games and decrease their amount of play, it's going to happen in every MMO and population will pick back up with the next patch.

As for GW2 taking subs, it will. There is no stopping people from going to the new game coming out. Their non gear-focused model will have one major drawback though. Everyone will be rolling FOTM classes because you don't have to level or gear them. Everyone says you never see DPS merc/commandos in SWTOR, but in GW2 you would literally NEVER see some classes. It's good for those who choose the "wrong" class at the start but bad for the game overall. Also, the lack of PVE content will fail to keep all but the strictly PVP focused players away from other games.

Depends- if Anet behaves like BW it would be bad, because they would see that class nobody is playing and then nerf it like a bunch of morons. If Anet behaves like any intelligent game developer though, they'll realize people have stopped playing that class and see if there's a reason why- by doing such insane things as reading player concerns, and even using something other than a calculator to balance the game.

To think, people once thought BW's use of 'Metrics' was the best decision ever- now it's like crack to BW, they can't do anything without it and whenever you try to talk to them about balance, what's the only thing they will ever say?

Metrics.

Too bad they don't have metrics for who is leaving the game, you'd think with EA backing them they'd care about money a bit more.

I can do that too :

Although I understand and agree with your view somewhat, the OP is right.

This game is still dying slowly but surely. I see it on the US servers every week since the move.

You've got about 1/4 the class advanced specs which are horrible to play in PvP. No amount of skill is going to make Sorcerers or Commandos useful relative to other specs, for example. It's not that they can't be played reasonably well - it's just why do it when you can spend half the effort and faceroll with one of the other more powerful classes. Then you've got many folks like me who made what is currently "the wrong" adv class choice for PvP, and the idea of war hero grinding (not BM, thats fine) another alt after leveling him is just too daunting to care to do.

Me? I keep playing on sorc. Others quit and unsub. It's happening.

So actually, his view point is more (but not entirely) accurate. The numbers and the ever increasing queue times for both rated and normal warzones on fatman don't lie. The people that renewed after transfers - well their month is up, and apparently some still aren't liking what they see. Some nights I log onto Fatman at 7-7:30pm and its still standard - during the week.

Edited by islander

I concur that Tomb is for sure losing logged in players this last week or so. Queues are longer and pop less frequent, and fleet sizes are greatly diminished after the initial 1.3 rush of comeback players. To somewhat be expected I think.

Could be many factors though as most games I've played lose people during summer due to vacation, the sun is shining, they have real lives etc. So I'm not too concerned yet.

As to the OPs observations to PVP and why it is such a fail at 50, I agree wholeheartedly. Expertise to me is the worst possible stat ever, causing the gear disparity to become worse and with augmentation worse still. Obviously whoever implements these things don't PVP at all in this game, or has any consideration for how it will affect balance.

When these issues are brought up we get L2P from fully augmented WH peepz who're themselves most likely sucky PVPers or they wouldn't advocate this crappy system that allows them to at least feel superior even if they have no actual skills just better stats of gear. Or like the developer saying depection assassin was within their 5% max difference between players target. Pure baloney, or share those numbers for people smarter than me to analyze and crunch, but nooooo let's just give them L2P and be done with it. It's quick, it's easy and it's Bioware/SWTOR 2012.

Get recruit, get BM so far so good, Get WH long and painful grind, then keep buying WH gear so you can get the right mods/enhances/armorings for spec optimization and finally the orange WH shells you then augment. Really BW? This is the best you can come up with... Hopefully these announced layoffs will take some of the minds behind these decisions out.

Give the best player of a class recruit starter set and put him up against the worst player of same class in full augmented WH, and I'll bet he'd lose 99 times out of 100 because his superior skills won't matter one bit, and he'll be dead in 3-4 globals. And that is why PVP is such a fail in this game. Gearing is more important to your success than actual skill. Only becomes a fair fight when both reach the pinnacle of current tier gear, which then brings all the class imbalance issues. Notice how many times you'll see in general chat people asking for Mara/Sent or Operative/Scoundrel heal compared to the times you see groups looking for a sorc/sage DPS for rated WZ. Just doesn't happen.