Legacy-Pleas someone explain it to me

I raise my legacy level through flash points, quests, pvp. You're normal average everyday stuff. I finally got to legacy 24 and leaning on 25. I unlocked perks in my legacy..

These perks located in legacy cost credits.

What's the whole point of unlocking these legacy perks, if they cost me credits. I'm not trying to provoke anything. Logically I honestly don't really understand. If they cost credits, then I unlocked legacy number so I can spend 10k on extra exp, it costs 20k, for 4 extra exp, it goes up to a hundred thousand credits for a max of extra exp 8 doing ""Warzones"

It unlocks only on that alt.

Why am I paying credits for something that is included in my legacy perk.

I raise my legacy level through flash points, quests, pvp. You're normal average everyday stuff. I finally got to legacy 24 and leaning on 25. I unlocked perks in my legacy..

What's the whole point of unlocking these legacy perks, if they cost me credits. I'm not trying to provoke anything. Logically I honestly don't really understand. If they cost credits, then I unlocked legacy number so I can spend 10k on extra exp, it costs 20k, for 4 extra exp, it goes up to a hundred thousand credits for a max of extra exp 8 doing ""Warzones"

The XP perks stack. If you buy an entire line of them you'll be getting a 30% XP bonus.

Poor design decision is why. Expect the white knights to soon enter your thread, to flame you all to hell because the game needs these credit sinks!

I guess I honestly don't see what's such a bad design about this?:confused: If you only had to pay ~300k for a permanent XP boost across ALL your alts that would be ridiculous IMO.

I think it may be a tad misleading calling it a "legacy" perk but I agree with the design that it should only count on the character you buy it on. 1 days worth of dailies will give you enough money to buy 1 "line" of your choosing. If people wanted it to unlock an XP boost to ALL your alts then they should bump the price up a lot to something like 5 million to unlock an entire "line"

Edited by TheRealCandyMan

I guess I honestly don't see what's such a bad design about this?:confused: If you only had to pay ~300k for a permanent XP boost across ALL your alts that would be ridiculous IMO.

I think it may be a tad misleading calling it a "legacy" perk but I agree with the design that it should only count on the character you buy it on. 1 days worth of dailies will give you enough money to buy 1 "line" of your choosing.

300k is alot of money to alot of people.. especially for a negligable return. That 30% sounds great but in reality is not alot. Take for instance the story class line one. 30% added to just the class quest turn ins. If you only do quests to level, which many people do, class quests is only about 10% of your leveling experience. Thats a very very tiny boost.

Not everyone likes to do dailies day in and day out. I burned out of those well before black hole. Also what about the people that are not 50 yet. Some people play multiple toons all the way through and maybe have 4 alts all in the 30 range.

I feel putting credit sinks on legacy is cheap. It cheapens what legacy was made out to be. Character perks also cheapen what legacy was suppose to stand for. I also feel that the legacy rewards are pretty lackluster. Rocket boost level one is what? 2 million credits? lol

Edited by Soluss

Welcome to more credit sinks. Legacy could've been cool, in fact it can still be very cool....but at the moment it isn't.

I'm legacy level 50....where's my free character slots BW. Haven't I played enough to deserve them yet?

Hi

Legacy is meant for alts. Specifically, it focuses on people who already have a lot of 50s and many milions of credits, such as myself. Back when populations on our old servers were dropping, legacy and "alting" were the things that kept us going.

For example, having 437 prescence makes your companion very OP, therefore letting you level faster / easier. Same for vehicle at lvl 10, etc.

If you are on your main char, then you are supposed to go through the content via "original" means. Hence legacy will not do much for you until after you have a well established max lvl main.

Working as intended.

The Legacy system is kind of a sad story, its just another feature that should have been in at launch but since it wasn't, it got its own content pack and got hyped way beyond expectations because of that. Its a nice bonus, but its not actually a system that has any huge affect on your character just a little bonus which is really dissapointing to me. Also the fact that most people lost a lot of legacy because of dead servers and being forced to re roll, so like me I am at level 21legacy and get the paltry 20% increase in everything which i strain to even notice.

Theres so many cool things that could have been included in legacy too that I was kinda thinking they were gonna add for 1.3, like increases chance to get a critical result while running crew missions or the ability to harvest nodes from like 30 meteres or a pass to your ship. Heres hoping there gonna add some more good stuff like that soon.

Edited by Miggzy

The Legacy system is kind of a sad story, its just another feature that should have been in at launch but since it wasn't, it got its own content pack and got hyped way beyond expectations because of that. Its a nice bonus, but its not actually a system that has any huge affect on your character just a little bonus which is really dissapointing to me. Also the fact that most people lost a lot of legacy because of dead servers and being forced to re roll, so like me I am at level 21legacy and get the paltry 20% increase in everything which i strain to even notice.

Theres so many cool things that could have been included in legacy too that I was kinda thinking they were gonna add for 1.3, like increases chance to get a critical result while running crew missions or the ability to harvest nodes from like 30 meteres or a pass to your ship. Heres hoping there gonna add some more good stuff like that soon.

That's how it should be. Nothing you buy in Legacy should really ever give you a competitive edge over someone else. It's all just for vanity and making leveling a tad easier.

Legacy is only useful for shared buffs, rep droid and lvl 10 speeder. Anything else is a completely shameless money sink.

This being said, the above is my own personal opinion and NOBODY is forcing me or anyone else to buy them :)

Sure, we can try and ask and hope to get actually useful things for Legacy (and there is someone that keeps a very nice list of what people want for it), but at the end of the day, you do have a choice = buy or not buy.

[EDIT]They clearly stated 3 things:

1. Some Legacy perks are gated by level alone = they unlock when a Legacy level is reached

2. Some Legacy perks are gated by level AND / OR money = they unlock when a certain level is reached and a certain sum of money is paid... and/or buy only

3. All the 1.3 Legacy perks are for individual avatar alone = highly useless IMO, but they apply ONLY to the avatar they were bought from.

Edited by Styxx

I think its fairly simple.

If legacy items were cheap everyone would buy them.

If everyone bought them there would be none left to buy.

If there was none left to buy what would they put in thier RM shop when they make this FTP?

As is it they are short of people to pump out content. Best bet stall the players on existing content with ramped up credit costs. Then sell it to them :) /win

Edited by Spaj

Legacy is the part where you *DONT* strangle your brother and sister.

and you refrain from putting your parents in the cheapest old folks home you can find.

Legacy is the part where you don't drown your off spring at birth as if they were rosemary's babies

Legacy is the part where you acknowledge that yes, they are a-holes, but you're going to live with them anyways.