Matrix Cubes

Dingron

How many matrix cubes can you craft and equip at any one time ?

You can only equip one. There are enough shards to make more than one it guess (I never tried that), but given your class and spec you would be much better off getting a campaign cube or rakata cube as your second.

• 1 month later...
You can only equip one. There are enough shards to make more than one it guess (I never tried that), but given your class and spec you would be much better off getting a campaign cube or rakata cube as your second.

What is the point of going through the hassle of collecting all the shards if you can't only make one cube at a time and use one cube at a time? Seems rather pointless since apparently that's all the shards are good for. Am I missing some magical reason for getting those datacrons?

DPS cube and Tank cube for those who switch? Also, the matrix shards have codex entries attached to them and give experience, like all of the datacrons.

Being able to craft two cubes would be nice. Equipping both would be even better. But I can't even craft more than one because every time I do I get an error that says I have to disassemble the existing cube before I can assemble another.

Just because you have access to all the shards, does not mean they are all useful.

There are 4 tiers of cubes with different combinations, so you will need most of the shards to create each one as you level.

Sith Warrior (Strength)

Level 15 Cube: R B Y or B Y G

Level 24 Cube: Y B B or R Y Y

Level 32 Cube: Y R R or Y G G

Level 50 Cube: Y Y Y or G G G

The intention has always been that every class makes on matrix cube but since not every class is using the same shards there has to be more shards than every individual class needs. You can get the other shards too for the exp and codex entry but that's all theyre good for.

So I have enough shards at 50 to make two cubes. I also happen to have two slots in which I can use cubes. And with the shards I have there are enough to make two cubes that would significantly improve my characters abilities. Yet for some reason we can only craft one.

I'm not disagreeing that this is by design. Nor am I disagreeing with the idea of one cube design best for each class. I just think it could have been implemented better for the end game players if they could craft and equip two cubes after going through all the effort to collect all the shards.

But alas, I'm just whining at this point I know.

Just because you have access to all the shards, does not mean they are all useful.

There are 4 tiers of cubes with different combinations, so you will need most of the shards to create each one as you level.

Sith Warrior (Strength)

Level 15 Cube: R B Y or B Y G

Level 24 Cube: Y B B or R Y Y

Level 32 Cube: Y R R or Y G G

Level 50 Cube: Y Y Y or G G G

You do realise that you can use the dissasembler to take apart a cube and get the shards back? This lets you reuse the shards for the new cube you make as you level up.

Damn, didnt think of the pre-50 cubes. I've never bothered with those.

I put together a cube as soon as I have enough shards to make one. It is the first thing I get to put in a Relic slot. The second is usually something from the LS/DS vendor. But then, I take my sweet time levelling 8 toons, so they are good for a while.

• 10 months later...