Resolve

Senul

I know I'm beating a dead stick with a horse but hear me out.

I think the resolve system is utterly broken. Many times I get stunned while I'm full resolve. I've been knocked back, full resolve, then stunned, I don't know if it's the way the abilities were thrown saying they were pressed at the same time by two different people and then hit back to back. But, here is what I propose. I know you don't want to be 100% like WoW, but their system worked. Diminishing Returns. After a certain amount of CC/stuns, stuns/CC no longer worked, and every CC/Stun before the full DR hit, was reduced in time, making stuns/CC a lot less frustrating in my opinion.

Also to clarify the roots affecting resolve, roots don't affect resolve because you still technically have control over your character, resolve affects the abilities where you lose total control of your character.

The only thing that needs to be done about resolve is lowering the threshold for activating it. It''s a great idea that half works, the only problem being that it takes too long to become CC immune. cut the threshold down by 20% or so and I think you'd really have something.

I have two toons: Level 50/66 BG Merc and level 41/41 Madness Sin.

I receive the lion's share of a team's CC on my merc and I can tell you I have NEVER been effected by a resolve respecting CC EVER. I've been rooted and spiked, but never Electro-darted or Whirlwinded. Here's a pro-tip for you: When your bar goes full white it's time to use your CC breaker and GET THE F OUTTA THERE! When there is that much CC coming your way you've been focused and are now on the defensive. Stop fighting and run.

On my Sin I give the majority of the CC and I can tell you I have NEVER effected someone with a resolve respecting CC while their bar is white EVER. If you are playing a sneaky class and finding yourself stunned to death it's the FOCUS FIRE, not the stun, that's doing you in so quick. If three people are focusing you there is a good chance you're looking at taking 5-10k a GCD depending on the attackers CD usage and crits.

I know I'm beating a dead stick with a horse but hear me out.

I think the resolve system is utterly broken. Many times I get stunned while I'm full resolve. I've been knocked back, full resolve, then stunned, I don't know if it's the way the abilities were thrown saying they were pressed at the same time by two different people and then hit back to back. [...]

Also to clarify the roots affecting resolve, roots don't affect resolve because you still technically have control over your character, resolve affects the abilities where you lose total control of your character.

.... You're saying you were knocked back, then stunned. Which is entirely possible. If you were full resolve beforehand, it wasn't just a knockback and a stun and those last two wouldn't have taken effect. I'm glad you understand that roots have nothing to do with resolve, but do you understand WHY?