The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Bad Armor

JHopjr

Ever since i chose my advanced class (sith marauder) i have been getting armor that either i couldn't use or just plain sucked. I managed to make it all the way to Hoth like this but know this armor problem is really annoying. On Hoth they don't sell any armor (except for the head,wrists,and cybernetics but i dont need those) for commendations, and that is the only armor that is good use to me.

My friends tell me to do missions or kill people until i loot good armor. I have tried this but whenever i do loot armor its heavy armor which as a sith marauder i cant use.

All im asking for is some way i can get good armor whether it is a mission somebody knows of or if there is a special vendor somewhere that can sell me armor i need for commendations. I dont even care if its is a higher level than i am (level 38) i can level up, i just need good medium armor.

Class rewards a re a good source for armor.

also selling the unusable armor and buying armor off the GTN.

My advice, for anyone, is to get a cheap set of Orange gear early on, and just upgrade the modifications. Alot of items you get mods for rewards, and if not, they are cheaper to purchase off the GTN than a new set of armor.

As a sith warrior you are given class rewards that will be both medium and heavy armor for your class quests since the sith warrior can be a juggernaut or marauder which wears heavy/medium armor respectively, be sure you are choosing the medium armor

My advice, for anyone, is to get a cheap set of Orange gear early on, and just upgrade the modifications. Alot of items you get mods for rewards, and if not, they are cheaper to purchase off the GTN than a new set of armor.

Yes, this. Buy the cheapest Orange armor you like on the GTN, and fill it with mods you earn from commendations. Or, learn Cybertech and make your own mods.

• 6 months later...
heavy armors are crappy! the designer thinks every sith warrior needs to look like vader coz all siths burned and lost their limbs. all siths are robots weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, D:< sofoM nikF

I use the PVP gear. I got the level 20 gear and used the orange pieces all the way until level 40, which I now use. Neither set looks like you are disfigured at all. The level 40 gear has the respirator head piece, but you can just hide it if you are a subscriber. If you aren't, then just find an orange helmet, or any piece of gear, you like and mod it as you level as previous people have recommended.

heavy armors are crappy! the designer thinks every sith warrior needs to look like vader coz all siths burned and lost their limbs. all siths are robots weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, D:< sofoM nikF

If you don't like the look of the Sith Warrior then go Bounty Hunter. As long as you have the orange shell pieces you can put whatever mods in you want.

yeah, my bad. rage post.. but still, even looking at the database ddnt help, they just added shoulders.(not including the pve armor vendor items and pvp even though the pvp is awesome. what im saying is there is not much difference...

just the heavy armor chest:

vader armor no cape

hoodless + robe closed

later on wears the hood + robes are open, showing some chest armor

after that, vader armor + cape

all other types are fine i think,, but w/e i give up,, still play

yeah, my bad. rage post.. but still, even looking at the database ddnt help, they just added shoulders.(not including the pve armor vendor items and pvp even though the pvp is awesome. what im saying is there is not much difference...

just the heavy armor chest:

vader armor no cape

hoodless + robe closed

later on wears the hood + robes are open, showing some chest armor

after that, vader armor + cape

all other types are fine i think,, but w/e i give up,, still play

Well you can also take a look at the adaptive armor sets. Maybe there is one that is to your liking?

Social armor is the cheapest source of orange shells. Social vendor is available on your capital world, (when you reached the capital world their was a quest to find him and buy something). Social aromor is usually much cheaper than the GTN if you just want the shells.

Fill the orange armor with amorings/mods/enhancements from the planet comendation vendors found on your most current planet. I always had a hard time finding them on the planets so I usually bought that stuff while on the fleet and if I run out of comendations I sometimes buy them for credits off of the GTN.

You can do the same thing with your weapon if you find an orange shell weapon.