Qyzen Fess - What weapons

maxizzz

Hey everyone

need help please

ok Qyzen Fess wiki states it can use electrostaff and vibrosword

but in game i cannot equip any of those (only techblades)

also in swtor description he is pictured with the rifle!!!

so what weapons do i equip and where do i get them? (i never had techblade in loot)

Just the techblade.

Apparently he used to use ranged weapons but was switched to melee.

At the moment there doesn't seem to be any Orange moddable techblades. So you will have to purchase one from each planet as you go, or accept one as a quest reward as there is usually one mission on each planet that has companion weapons as a reward.

Hit Q to bring up the skill menu, and click the tab at the bottom for companion, and you should be able to see what weapon/armor proficiency he has.

It's P not Q to bring up the skills menu, and yes. In that listing for companion abilities only Tech blade is listed.

Hey everyone

need help please

ok Qyzen Fess wiki states it can use electrostaff and vibrosword

but in game i cannot equip any of those (only techblades)

also in swtor description he is pictured with the rifle!!!

so what weapons do i equip and where do i get them? (i never had techblade in loot)

He could use vibroswords until a couple builds ago when they literally gave him his own weapon class. Techblades are nothing more than vibroblades renamed and slotted with aim instead.

Unfortunately from what I can see, they absolutely do not drop out in the world and are not sold at commendation vendors. So essentially the only time you can upgrade qyzen's weapon is via quest rewards. It's easily the biggest factor to me perma-benching him for Lt. Iresso after Hoth (besides the fact that ranged tanks own).

Frankly I find this change quite stupid. At least keeping his main stat as aim allowed him to not look like a Jedi Guardian, but this one served no purpose other than to give him a weapon with aim on it. BW could have easily made some vibroswords with aim on them or allowed him to use electro staves to solve this problem, but instead they essentially locked him out of weapon progression. I mean come on, it's not like there's not plenty of useless gear out there right now (sniper rifles with aim, medium armor with absorption rating, or my personal favorite: the assault cannon with cunning), so you know BW doesn't have a problem with not quite optimal gear dropping for people.

Edited by Khadroth

Now I will ask something pretty stupid prob. but as I am at work and no search function on the site here goes. Why exactly does a melee need aim? I am loooking at all his gear and thinking this is wrong for a tank to even need aim when using a sword. Perhaps I am missing something and aim is for more then ranged weapons?

Now I will ask something pretty stupid prob. but as I am at work and no search function on the site here goes. Why exactly does a melee need aim? I am loooking at all his gear and thinking this is wrong for a tank to even need aim when using a sword. Perhaps I am missing something and aim is for more then ranged weapons?

At one time, Qyzen was a ranged tank, so Aim made sense. Since he was made melee, they didn't bother changing his stats. Which basically means that Qyzen is pretty screwed up both stat-wise and weapon-wise. Plus, honestly, he's kinda boring. Pretty one-dimensional in my view. :)

At one time, Qyzen was a ranged tank, so Aim made sense. Since he was made melee, they didn't bother changing his stats. Which basically means that Qyzen is pretty screwed up both stat-wise and weapon-wise. Plus, honestly, he's kinda boring. Pretty one-dimensional in my view. :)

Well again, the reason for that is so that he looks like a trooper instead of a jedi guardian. But honestly I'm beginning to think the easier solution would have been to just make heavy armor strength gear look like trooper gear when qyzen wears it. We already know that each piece of gear looks different depending on which faction you're playing, so why not just make it look different for qyzen so you won't have to worry about illogical stats or locked out weapon progression. :rolleyes:

Qyzen Fess sucks as a companion.

Weird stat for melee (aim, ***?). Take like 5 seconds to engage in combat. Techblade melee weapon that is hard to find (can't get one with Coruscant Commendations), etc.

Edited by Thradar

You can get some pretty nice techblades from Armstech. My wife has been crafting and breaking them down and has been putting the purple versions on the AH. They sell nearly as fast as she can post them. there is a melee vendor on Nar Shadda that sells a green version if you have no luck on the AH or don't know an Armstech.

There are also a few that pop as a quest reward option.

Maybe I am doing the wrong quests because to date, I have not seen one as a reward yet and I am lvl 20. Was pretty discouraging until my wife said "I can make techblades!" I was so excited!!

Maybe I am doing the wrong quests because to date, I have not seen one as a reward yet and I am lvl 20. Was pretty discouraging until my wife said "I can make techblades!" I was so excited!!

I saw one on Taris, it was from a quest deep in. Then I think I recall getting one on narr Shadda. But Yes they were when I was early to mid 20's Until then I did not see one either.

I have never seen one as a quest reward but in Taris I just bought one for my guy. The vendor is right across from the bank in the first area of Taris. Its blue and cost me about 1800 credits but it was so much better then what he was wearing I didn't even bat a eye at buying it for him.

My only complaint about the companions is that when I get a new gear upgrade I can't just do a mouse over to see if its better for him, it will only compare it to what I am wearing, and this makes me sad.

I have never seen one as a quest reward but in Taris I just bought one for my guy. The vendor is right across from the bank in the first area of Taris. Its blue and cost me about 1800 credits but it was so much better then what he was wearing I didn't even bat a eye at buying it for him.

My only complaint about the companions is that when I get a new gear upgrade I can't just do a mouse over to see if its better for him, it will only compare it to what I am wearing, and this makes me sad.

There is an option to turn on companion comparisons too.

There's an option you can toggle on for this - I'm not sure why it's not on by default. Go to your options. I wish I could tell you exactly where but I'm at work right now but I promise the option is there. I was overjoyed when I saw it since it was on by default in beta. ^^

I think the first one I saw was towards the end of Taris, from Nar Shadaa onwards I've seen one mission per planet offer the choice of a weapon for your companions. (Same goes for armor, so if you always use the same companion, you can get them a full set of armor and weapon per planet from missions.)

Where is it? I've tried to find it, but I am apparently blind :)

Also - as another said - Armstech can make Techblades for you. Make friends with an Armstech'r!

I'm fairly certain it's in User Interface. You have to scroll down and it's a check box. I'm at work so I can't help you much more than that.

I'm fairly certain it's in User Interface. You have to scroll down and it's a check box. I'm at work so I can't help you much more than that.

Alright, I'll find it. I was probably just tired/distracted last time I was looking for it. Thanks!!

I've bought them from the arms dealer on each planet. They usually aren't that expensive and its the only thing I usually buy since I get the rest of the upgrades from the commendations vendors (do those bonuses :)). The weapon I've seen from mission rewards aren't usually better than what you buy (usually just a stat exchange).

I like to think of my Qyzen as a simpleton, then, at least there is some understanding there. Also, anything I do he seems to dis-like, I don't know who is more annoying, the ship droid or Qyzen, most likely the Ship droid as I have to read what Qyzen is saying where I can hear the stupid ship droid every time I tell him to shut up and do some diplomacy.

I like to think of my Qyzen as a simpleton, then, at least there is some understanding there. Also, anything I do he seems to dis-like, I don't know who is more annoying, the ship droid or Qyzen, most likely the Ship droid as I have to read what Qyzen is saying where I can hear the stupid ship droid every time I tell him to shut up and do some diplomacy.

I can see why you get a droid to do your diplomacy ;)

Quote:

I can see why you get a droid to do your diplomacy ;)

LoL :)

It is under UI, I found it last night.

It will say something like "Enable Companion Comparison".