The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Any PvE PTs breaking 1700 dps on the Ops Dummy?

thrakkemarn

If so can you please link your spec and stats (accuracy, crit, surge and power ratings) and/or build along with a parse.

I'm not quite full black hole yet, but am starting to get into the high 1600s.

Thrak'kera DPS spec

Average DPS ~1658

p.s. In order to keep this constructive and useful, please limit this to an in-game parse and a linked build or posted stats. There are enough theory-crafting threads on this forum.

Edited by thrakkemarn

Nice! I have to admit your optimization choices baffle me ... but I can't deny that parse is really high. You opted for 2x Accuracy augments, pushed your Surge up to 342, and dropped your Crit to 153. I have NO idea how that results in a 1.8k parse unless my understanding of pyro optimization was way off the mark.

All I can say is Kudos! What 2 mods are you planning to change?

edit: Just realized you are using the Battlemaster Eliminator set bonus, which might explain the different optimization.

Edited by thrakkemarn

good build for the guy doing the 1800 dps but i might suggest dropping the 2nd power implant for the crit surge one and switch out 1-3 aim augments for the crit ones... prob get him to 35% crit buffed or damn close to it

for OP id consider switching your tree up too. i use the same one as the 1800 dps guy ive also heard from a more exp PT pyro that dropping TD and the adrenaline fueled talent and taking the 9% more aim is better overall dps

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/powertech#i2i-32-32ik1ceif

the only thing i guess itd change in your rotation is using explosive dart in place of TD.. havnt tried it yet but im will to be hes right hes been PT pyro since launch

While I appreciate the input, the TD vs non-TD argument is an old one, and kind of irrelevant to this thread unless a parse is provided showing it does more DPS. Please understand I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't want this thread to go off-topic like so many on this forum.

p.s. I have also been Pyro since launch. If that's all it takes to be qualified I should be breaking 1800 DPS too :p

Edited by thrakkemarn

I have parsed as both AP and non-AP for about 18 mins a while ago and came up with 1.8k for AP (before it rests after combat ends) and 1.85k for non-AP (keep in mind this is over 18 bloody mins):

http://www.torparse.com/a/3738 AP build

http://www.torparse.com/a/3739 non-AP build

Objectively I believe that 8/5/28 is better; even with the added mobility from AP because of how current fights work (the times AP comes ahead is when we're forced to stay away from 10m, but these situations only occur in a "run away and then run back in" manner as opposed to "run away, wait and keep waiting, run back in" and as such time running away and back in is better spent dotting-redotting and gaining ammo back so you can dump resources into a proper rotation once in range). Subjectively I much prefer AP builds because of adrenaline fueled... yeah I'm weird like that, but I got so used to how it eases ammo regen by making every 2nd Incendiary Round/Missile that I simply can't swap back to non-AP. (sorry for off-topic post but you mentioned parses and I happened to have them lying around)

As for my gear: I made a wishlist and it contains the stat distribution you're talking about (285 acc 285 surge 235 crit which, oddly enough, I got from thrakkemarn's posts over at mmo-mechanics and swtor bounty PT forums :p); the next mod I need is an Acc/Power one so I can drop my surge and replace all my acc augments with reflex and the 2nd is a crit mod (got a Crit/Surge enhancement waiting in bankl) so I can bring my crit to about 35% with stim.

I've also optimized (and I keep messing around with) my rotation in ways that I cover in an extremely long and tedious (slang for boring) post over here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=503108 . If you can stomach a long read and voice an opinion or two that'd be great

Edited by Suryi

Just an FYI, the 4pc PVP bonus is better then the PVE bonus, only about 1.1% (for just RS attacks) but still, for the Min/Maxer the PvP with Black Hole armoring would be better (since the aim/endurance is same from BH and Camp).

While I appreciate the input, the TD vs non-TD argument is an old one, and kind of irrelevant to this thread unless a parse is provided showing it does more DPS. Please understand I'm not trying to be rude, I just don't want this thread to go off-topic like so many on this forum.

p.s. I have also been Pyro since launch. If that's all it takes to be qualified I should be breaking 1800 DPS too :p

Something else to note. Parses on a target dummy do not reflect real world boss fights. Not having TD on Zorn and Toth, Two Tanks is detrimental IMHO because it would be a net loss in dps while you are moving around, Toth has leapt, etc.

While that is true, the Combat Dummy is the most accurate way to parse 1 spec vs another for raw DPS throughput. It's the only parse where external factors (that are present in ALL boss fights) are eliminated. Again, I'm not trying to debate the virtues of various specs in different situations, just trying to establish some sort of baseline DPS that PVE Powertechs are capable of putting out.

When I did a comparison of PvP Eliminator set vs PvE Combat Tech in 1.2 (this was before Black Hole gear) I actually found that the PvE spec parsed SLIGHTLY higher, although it was close (within 10-15 DPS on most tests) that I wasn't able to draw a firm conclusion as to which one was best. Does anyone have a parse of PvP Eliminator vs PvE Combat Tech in Black Hole level mods?

In fact, I still have one of those parses still. First one is PVE, 2nd one is PvP. Same mods, buffs, stims etc, just swapped the mods from one set to the other. Although admittedly it is outdated and should be taken with a grain of salt, but I did more with the PvE set bonus.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/47be4f06-5e32-41a7-b9ba-1ad9e2791324#d=0,f=1,t=1,b=1

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/8f30f82d-67f2-4876-8ee9-7da160a56020#d=0,f=2,t=1,b=1

1700 is easily reachable for any black hole PT. I'm currently at around 1550 with a mix of columi, rakata, and black hole. When I run LI HM with my friend, we out dps Sav-rak's smash and take only 1 kolto tank to get to Lorrick's second phase.

While that is true, the Combat Dummy is the most accurate way to parse 1 spec vs another for raw DPS throughput. It's the only parse where external factors (that are present in ALL boss fights) are eliminated. Again, I'm not trying to debate the virtues of various specs in different situations, just trying to establish some sort of baseline DPS that PVE Powertechs are capable of putting out.

When I did a comparison of PvP Eliminator set vs PvE Combat Tech in 1.2 (this was before Black Hole gear) I actually found that the PvE spec parsed SLIGHTLY higher, although it was close (within 10-15 DPS on most tests) that I wasn't able to draw a firm conclusion as to which one was best. Does anyone have a parse of PvP Eliminator vs PvE Combat Tech in Black Hole level mods?

In fact, I still have one of those parses still. First one is PVE, 2nd one is PvP. Same mods, buffs, stims etc, just swapped the mods from one set to the other. Although admittedly it is outdated and should be taken with a grain of salt, but I did more with the PvE set bonus.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/47be4f06-5e32-41a7-b9ba-1ad9e2791324#d=0,f=1,t=1,b=1

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/combatlog/8f30f82d-67f2-4876-8ee9-7da160a56020#d=0,f=2,t=1,b=1

The 15% crit buff is better than the 8% damage buff. The thing that may make the pve set better is the reduced cd of explosive fuel. Some fights will be better with the pve set while other fights may be better with the pvp set, depending on how long the fight lasts, because you may get an extra explosive fuel with the reduced cd. Personally, I use the pvp set, because I find that I wouldn't get an extra explosive fuel most of the time.

Ran a 5 min parse with the new mods that I got and http://www.torparse.com/a/7138 came out.

Seemed to rest at roughly about 1.9k (1.92 before resting at 1.86 when combat ended). Suprised to see 2k being sustained for about 1 and a half mins but then again lolprocs :<

Lol, I know what you are saying about lolprocs. Sometimes I'm so confused why I'm not proccing and check to see if I am accidentally using the wrong cylinder for some reason, lol.

Sickness Suryi. What mods did you change? You're using your rotation prioritizing mortar volley during the 4gcd?

p.s. I'm assuming you changed mods to put yourself at 235 crit, 285 accuracy and 285 surge, based on what you posted before and if you're amr profile is correct =)

p.p.s. Wondering if you'd be willing to run a parse using: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bMZMsZfhbbdGhrs.2 just to see how it affects your performance?

Edited by thrakkemarn

Ran a 5 min parse with the new mods that I got and http://www.torparse.com/a/7138 came out.

Seemed to rest at roughly about 1.9k (1.92 before resting at 1.86 when combat ended). Suprised to see 2k being sustained for about 1 and a half mins but then again lolprocs :<

These results baffle me, are u still running 31pt pyro build? I am campaign barrel and PvP 4set bonus off BiS and I can get 1800 on dummies by pushing it, these 2 make up for the giant gap? Or is the 31 actually better than the 28? Guess Im gonna have to parse that after this weeks reset.

p.s. I'm assuming you changed mods to put yourself at 235 crit, 285 accuracy and 285 surge, based on what you posted before and if you're amr profile is correct =)

Yeah I went for 235 285 285, amr is updated. Thanks again for your sims :p

[quote=thrakkemarn;4938501

p.p.s. Wondering if you'd be willing to run a parse using: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301bMZMsZfhbbdGhrs.2 just to see how it affects your performance?

http://www.torparse.com/a/7585 Take it with a pinch (more like a punch) of salt because RNG is awesome, but I personally don't think it could do better then 7/3/31, however that's just me eyeballing it (the 3rd fight is in 7/3/31).

These results baffle me, are u still running 31pt pyro build? I am campaign barrel and PvP 4set bonus off BiS and I can get 1800 on dummies by pushing it, these 2 make up for the giant gap? Or is the 31 actually better than the 28? Guess Im gonna have to parse that after this weeks reset.

I was using 31 assault/pyro, haven't parsed a 28 build because I personally prefer the 31 pt build.

I posted a link in this thread to a discussion I started a while ago in the vanguard section about optimizing our rotation by adding mortar volley/dfa and pulse cannon/flamethrower into the mix. That beind said 4set and campaign barrel do make quite a difference

Edited by Suryi

• 2 weeks later...
Was wondering what people use for Relics if they don't have the War Hero Relics (+18 aim, +53 End, +113 Pwr)? I have the Campaign Relics (Damage Proc and Use to increase Power 350) as well as the Matrix Cube Relic (+84 Aim, +67 End, +27 Crit with Aim Aug)... the PvP Recruit Relics are also an easy option (+18 Aim, +46 End, +97 Pwr). Any thoughts? Edited by Woofpack

Was wondering what people use for Relics if they don't have the War Hero Relics (+18 aim, +53 End, +113 Pwr)? I have the Campaign Relics (Damage Proc and Use to increase Power 350) as well as the Matrix Cube Relic (+84 Aim, +67 End, +27 Crit with Aim Aug)... the PvP Recruit Relics are also an easy option (+18 Aim, +46 End, +97 Pwr). Any thoughts?

2 war hero relics with 113 power provide the higher sustained damage. However, there are certain situations in which the relic of boundless ages campaign relic is better than the war hero relic, burst situations. I couldn't tell you how many times I've been happy to have that campaign relic of boundless ages during HM Kephess. I've literally had to carry our dps through the burst phases during our alt runs. I imagine there will be plenty of "burst phases" once new content comes out so I'd stick with the war hero power relic and a campaign relic of boundless ages or substitute that war hero relic for a matrix cube if you don't feel like grinding pvp for a little while.

If so can you please link your spec and stats (accuracy, crit, surge and power ratings) and/or build along with a parse.

I'm not quite full black hole yet, but am starting to get into the high 1600s.

Thrak'kera DPS spec

Average DPS ~1658

p.s. In order to keep this constructive and useful, please limit this to an in-game parse and a linked build or posted stats. There are enough theory-crafting threads on this forum.

Just got this: http://i.imgur.com/B6YaQ.jpg

The screenshot is a little glitchy since I alt-tabbed to screenshot the dps and didn't have the main part on the next screen so the screenshot only grabbed the pop-out, so I added the main part in after to show it more clearly.

Stats incase anyone wondered: http://i.imgur.com/4ESdf.jpg

Edited by Truescopes

Wait, I don't understand. If you have it on Mox then you were running logs and can therefore upload it to torparse or askmrrobot. A Mox screenshot doesn't really tell us much, and in a 3 minute parse it is easy to spike your damage.

Generally, it is best to do a 5-6 minute parse to get an accurate DPS number.

Wait, I don't understand. If you have it on Mox then you were running logs and can therefore upload it to torparse or askmrrobot. A Mox screenshot doesn't really tell us much, and in a 3 minute parse it is easy to spike your damage.

Generally, it is best to do a 5-6 minute parse to get an accurate DPS number.

The reason I kept to 3 minutes is because of another thread on the forum which asked for a 3minute parse without any adrenals etc. I can do a 5-6 minute tomorrow, I didn't spike my damage in anyway so it should be the same.

As opposed to the parser, does anyone have any real world numbers? Maybe for EC HM, bosses only I can use as a comparison.

Will post next time I raid which might take a while because of people losing interest in the game in my guild :(