The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Sages and Sorcerers need more love and buff:)

Roiz

Maybe they should rework static barrier, remove blinding flash from light tree. Make the damage protection count purely for ranged attacks and have it stun, 2s break on damage,(or root) people doing a close range attack on the sorcerer.

Are you suggesting that static barrier not work for melee attacks, and not have an aoe mez talent available?

LOL. That would totally defeat the purpose of having it, and kill the class. It is the ONLY thing that protects sorcs from melee trains and keeps us alive in warzones. Why would you begin to suggest these things?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll agree that I do play regular WZ's most of the time, but I do play RWZ when I have the opportunity (I im in a guild that does not have enough players for a dedicated static team), the pressure of having a mara/pyro is intense, yes, but does not shut me down... As i still push those numbers. But it is highly possible that I am not playing "skilled" players? Either way, IMO, I am content with sorc heals in regular and rated WZ's.

I wasn't trying to debunk the OP, was just giving my opinion.

Its appearent your perspective is solely based on normal warzones where you don't have a 100% commited marauder/pt going for you 100% of the time.

While I appreciate your attempt of constructive feedback this is not applicable in reality versus opponents that are even slightly above average.

And my perspective is based on RWZ, on teams capable of going rank 1. (best teams EU)

Edited by Dmasterr

And my perspective is based on RWZ, on teams capable of going rank 1. (best teams EU)

I know of your team, I'm on the same server. I also know you utilised a bug in order to win a ranked game, intentionally - while confessing to it on stream. And then you go on the forums bragging about your rating.

Step down troll. Any credibility you had (close to none) was lost that moment. Step down.

Edited by AdamLKvist

I know of your team, I'm on the same server. I also know you utilised a bug in order to win a ranked game, intentionally - while confessing to it on stream. And then you go on the forums bragging about your rating.

Step down troll. Any credibility you had (close to none) was lost that moment. Step down.

this you are now a official forum troll.

I'm still trying to figure out why a melee class (Shadow) has harder hitting ranged attacks than the ranged class (Sage) in Project and Telekinetic Throw?

Who in the hell designed this nonsense?

To the person who is boasting about being the best in the world on the best team, etc. etc. :

When I saw you guys admit to an exploit in one of your matches on your feed, all credibility you had up until that moment, was lost.

Just saying ...

Are you a Bioware employee ? no? then get off my case unless you come up with a legitimate complaint.

Any complaint you have about me or my team, regarding game mechanics or w/e, take it up with customer support and keep the forums clean.

Edited by Dmasterr

You are kidding me, no burst, very squishy, bad mobility, long cast times, really strong class.

Whoops just noticed you already called him out for cheating his way to 2400.

Yeah thats about as farm as his opinion will ever take him.

keep the forums clean.

Then keep the game clean. Also, you're not keeping the forums clean when 99% of your posts are garbage anyways.

Edited by BurnsTwoThree

If the best team in the world has the BEST DPS Sorcerer player in the world on their team, why in the hell is he playing a DPS Operative if DPS Sorcerers are in such a good place?

I've seen some high rated DPS Sorcerers too, but they're far and few between. DPS Sages/Sorcerers need some love. There's no denying it. Even at a high level, the penalty for one mistake is dire. Whereas other classes are much more forgiving based on player error.

Where is the Sorcerer's finisher?

Why does a melee class (Shadow) have harder hitting ranged attacks than the Sage whom specializes in ranged attacks?

Where is the cannon to go with the glass?

These are legitimate questions. If we're going to wear Light Armor and have low damage mitigation as Sages, where's the damage to offset it?

Playing a Sniper makes me feel like a glass cannon. Playing any DPS Spec on my Sage, not so much.

If the best team in the world has the BEST DPS Sorcerer player in the world on their team, why in the hell is he playing a DPS Operative if DPS Sorcerers are in such a good place?

Because a concealment operative opens up new strategies and tactics to the team on all 4 maps, while sorc brings something unique to the table on only 1 map (hutball).

If we have to make a choice between best sorc dps world or best concealment op world, we take operative dps.

However, sorc dps > stacking other dps class.

The #2 team is running 1 sorc heal and 2 sorc dps in their main team and we have awesome fights vs them.

Whoops just noticed you already called him out for cheating his way to 2400.

Yeah thats about as farm as his opinion will ever take him.

Then keep the game clean. Also, you're not keeping the forums clean when 99% of your posts are garbage anyways.

Why is it that only bad players accuse others of cheating, why "never" pro players?

Why never other teams that are running for rank 1?

Edited by Dmasterr

Because a concealment operative opens up new strategies and tactics to the team on all 4 maps, while sorc brings something unique to the table on only 1 map (hutball).

If we have to make a choice between best sorc dps world or best concealment op world, we take operative dps.

However, sorc dps > stacking other dps class.

The #2 team is running 1 sorc heal and 2 sorc dps in their main team and we have awesome fights vs them.

Well, if your team is the best in the world and it isn't using any DPS Sorcerer, then wouldn't you say that your team is better without one, hence the number one ranking? There is a reason that the other team is number 2 in the world behind you ...

Sorcerers are juuuuuuust fine for the number 2 team in the world, but not the number one team in the world. Thus validating your opinion that Sorcerers are welcome on any team, except yours.

Care to post some more vacuous statements for us to chuckle at?

Well, if your team is the best in the world and it isn't using any DPS Sorcerer, then wouldn't you say that your team is better without one, hence the number one ranking? There is a reason that the other team is number 2 in the world behind you ...

Sorcerers are juuuuuuust fine for the number 2 team in the world, but not the number one team in the world. Thus validating your opinion that Sorcerers are welcome on any team, except yours.

Care to post some more vacuous statements for us to chuckle at?

Erm, we want the best players available... regardless of the class they play. Atm there is no sorc dps player that is a more skilled player than the players we already have in the team. And i play my operative.

If it was possible for me to play both my chars at the same time, we would have a sorc and a conc operative. Or at least someone good enough to replace me as operative so i can play the sorc.

;)

There is a republic guild that disbanded... and an empire guild who stopped doing RWZ after boasting for x weeks.

They were looking for their dream team composition, and they had it... but the players were just not good enough. And they were pretty high rated RWZ.

Just to show that no team composition can make up for not having the best players.

Edited by Dmasterr

Erm, we want the best players available... regardless of the class they play. Atm there is no sorc dps player that is a more skilled player than the players we already have in the team. And i play my operative.

If it was possible for me to play both my chars at the same time, we would have a sorc and a conc operative. Or at least someone good enough to replace me as operative so i can play the sorc.

;)

There is a republic guild that disbanded... and an empire guild who stopped doing RWZ after boasting for x weeks.

They were looking for their dream team composition, and they had it... but the players were just not good enough. And they were pretty high rated RWZ.

Just to show that no team composition can make up for not having the best players.

Again, the fact that you're playing your Operative instead of your Sorcerer (and there is no other DPS Sorcerer on your team) tells me that to be number 1, you do not need a Sorcerer on your team. Otherwise you'd be playing the Sorcerer.

You can attempt to justify it until you're blue in the face, but there is a reason why there is no Sorcerer on your team and you're number one.

Just like there is a reason why the number 2 team has Sorcerers on it and are not number one. Basically, your Sorcerer is "second string" to put it in a sports analogy and isn't needed in the "big game" but is there if needed.

PUT ME IN COACH, I'M READY TO PLAY ... TODAY!

Again, the fact that you're playing your Operative instead of your Sorcerer (and there is no other DPS Sorcerer on your team) tells me that to be number 1, you do not need a Sorcerer on your team.

You don't need ANY class tbh. There is not 1 class that is irreplaceable.

For example, you can make a team with 2 jugg tanks 4 rage juggs and 2 healers (class is irrelevant). And still be able to go for rank 1.

In fact that setup would be the most powerful muscle based setup you can think off.

Edited by Dmasterr

You don't need ANY class tbh. There is not 1 class that is irreplaceable.

For example, you can make a team with 2 jugg tanks 4 rage juggs and 2 healers (class is irrelevant). And still be able to go for rank 1.

In fact that setup would be the most powerful muscle based setup you can think off.

Yet your example is NOT number one. The team that IS number one, does not have a Sorcerer.

I thought everyone knew, nwm.... main team of Warmonger guild, and my operative name is Android. (TOFN)

How would "everyone" know? Are you like, e-famous on the interbutz or something? :confused:

Regardless, thanks for the name :) Any stream or videos that would be useful to view?

Yet your example is NOT number one. The team that IS number one, does not have a Sorcerer.

Like i said, that has more to do with skilled player availability than class power.

Just because 1 team wins the soccer world championship, doesn't make the team they faced in the final crap.

Like i said, that has more to do with skilled player availability than class power.

Just because 1 team wins the soccer world championship, doesn't make the team they faced in the final crap.

2nd place is still the first loser.

2nd place still does not hold the trophy.

2nd place doesn't get the attention and fame.

The fact that the number 2 team uses sorcerers and is NUMBER 2, whereas the top team doesn't use any Sorcerers, speaks volumes in the top tier gaming world.

2nd place is still the first loser.

2nd place still does not hold the trophy.

2nd place doesn't get the attention and fame.

The fact that the number 2 team uses sorcerers and is NUMBER 2, whereas the top team doesn't use any Sorcerers, speaks volumes in the top tier gaming world.

Give us a pro concealment operative to replace me or a pro sorc, and we would take him in a heartbeat.

Having sorc pull in hutball would be awesome, not to mention the huge amount of general pressure it can dish out, especially in voidstar.

It would open up even more strategies and tactics, and make our team stronger.