Swtor needs more races

OGdarkfire

I've been saying that since i started playing way back in march. I wanted an HK-type character as a playable character, not a companion. There are so many star wars races that could be included. From what i've been reading in other forums, they are adding the Cathar race

I've been saying that since i started playing way back in march. I wanted an HK-type character as a playable character, not a companion. There are so many star wars races that could be included. From what i've been reading in other forums, they are adding the Cathar race

HK would never work, SWTOR classes are the Star Wars roles, and how would an assassination unit be a Jedi or Trooper or BH? Either way, several would still work. Voss, Cathar, Nautolan, Torguta, Weequay, Kalesh, Kel Dor, among other humanoid ones that require only minor editions from their current voice actors, or none at all.

Their criteria for races are humanoid features so romance is not awkward, meaning a human like face and a pair of human lips.

Also the race has to be able to speak basic with no problem at all.

Most likely no trandoshan, no tusken raider, no ithorian, or anything of that nature. Togruta, sure they could do that.

But the game has alot of focus on story and romance. If it can't fit in with that, then they won't do it. They won't hire new voice actors for 1 race, and if one race had its own individual voice actor then everyone would complain saying that it doesnt work. If you added something awkward for romance then the romances would be.... awkward. And people would complain saying fix the cut scenes, make it less awkward etc. You have to remember that complaints won't stop once you're satisfied, so even if you don't want to follow romances someone else will and will complain and hold polls because it's not what they want.

Kel Dor is a must for me. If I could make a Kel Dor Jedi Knight that wouldbe so awesome. I don't care if I couldn't romance Kira(seriously I doubt she would flirt with a Kel Dor, read up on Kel Dor descriptions without the mask if you don't believe me).

I am one of many people that are holding back playing a specific class waiting on the new classes to be announced. I am looking forward to playing my Nautolan JK. It made no sense for them to have such a limited number of races at launch.

I am one of many people that are holding back playing a specific class waiting on the new classes to be announced. I am looking forward to playing my Nautolan JK. It made no sense for them to have such a limited number of races at launch.

That race I could see being used. All tentacle heads I see no issue with cause we already have twi'leks and they have humanoid faces and features. So in time I'd expect this and a togruta.

Togruta is in high demand and I see no issue for that one.

But people who want like ithorians, I don't think it will ever happen unless a few years from now they just did everything they could to appeal to people as the game died which would probably push it to a quicker death because it'd be done as a last resort and have it's own issues lol.

It would be awesome to play as a Togruta or Nautolan! When I first purchased the game a while back I was hoping they were added but no dice. They look bad *ss. Giddy up BW! Call me crazy but the idea of a real life togruta woman is kinda ballin...but thats just me talkin.

They should release some new humanoid aliens such as Togruta, Cathar, Sarkhai, etc... and make them available to play any class as game updates.

They should release a new Class with a brand new storyline in the first expansion. With the new class would be the ability to not only roll as the vanilla races, but also as one new race. ( Wookiee, Trandoshan, Mon Calamari, Barabel, Kel Dor, etc..)

I'd love to have Wookiees!

I can imagine some sort of Weapon Master Class that can specialize as ranged with Bowcasters and Slug Throwers, or go melee with Vibroswords and Vibro-axes.

Perhaps even add Vibroshields to the game and give the new Class the ability to use one along with a Vibrosword/Axe as a new Tank spec.

How cool would it be to Shield Bash someone with a Vibroshield? It would probably draw a lot of 'Sword-n-Board' fanatics to the game.

BIOWARE needs to do this!!

Edited by Mikeni

How about actual aliens that are alien like. You don't even need to do much voice acting. 20 lines of gibberish mixed up over and over will suit with the translation in text.

And no vibroshields! We don't need this to become any more like WOW in space then it is.

Edited by Selvec

i never said to use an HK unit as a jedi or trooper. it could be class specific. I see where you're comming from, i just wanna play as an HK unit instead of having one as a companion is all

Maybe not so much HK specific, but a droid race would be awesome. Sure you could make it look like an HK unit, but you could also make it like one of the battle droids(IE the trooper's big droid). Limit the classes to non force using classes(BH, Agent, Smuggler, Trooper), this way you don't have say an HK-565625624562456 running around with a saber, and drawing on the living force(since droids are not living).

I wouldn't mind if at some point you could take an existing character, and cybertis (yes not a word, but I am sticking with it lol) him/her. Turning them into a Grievious/Maul/Vadar type model.

Im still waiting on playing my Trandoshan BH

I believe Bioware stated(and I could be mistaken as this is secondhand knowledge) that they were hesitant about making nonbasic speaking races playable. Personally I don't mind if they added them, and people had to read what their toon was saying. We already have to do that with several conversation as it is(hutts, trans, jawas, etc).

Edited by Lharrulk

And no vibroshields! We don't need this to become any more like WOW in space then it is.

So with all of the glaring similarities between SWTOR and WoW adding something Star Wars canon like Vibroshields would put it over the line and make SWTOR into a WoW clone eh?

I doubt it. There's nothing wrong with vibroshields. They're cool as hell.

Shields in WoW are just a piece of Iron/Steel/Whatever. Vibroshields are a whole new ballgame. A shield that's so deadly and sharp on the ends that you could just say "Fck It!" and dual wield them! Screw a sword!

Their criteria for races are humanoid features so romance is not awkward, meaning a human like face and a pair of human lips.

I can't wait till Cathar come out. Akward romance between a half cat person and a woman. Reminds me of that cruddy Beauty and the Beast TV drama that was on during the 1980's.

Edited by Mikeni

I agree with the idea, however there have been hundreds of other posts on this topic and so far all we have seen is that we will get Cathar by the end of the year. Unfortuantly I suspect this will be too little to late and many of the people who wanted to play other species will be off on other games.