The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

You and your MVP Vote

EmBattledMango

I generally like to give it to people who do something memorable, even if it's not necessarily the most valuable contribution (like maybe saving my life, getting an interception, or CCing effectively for a plant).

If I'm playing with guildies, I try to make sure to vote for any PuGs who actually contribute to a win as a show of appreciation.

If I have to vote based on the scoreboard, I'll generally vote for the highest damage player who didn't make any annoying mistakes that I noticed. To me, a team that lacks DPS is more frustrating than a team that lacks tanking or healing.

Edited by Lymain

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's interesting seeing a number of people say they vote for the lowest person on the list if the team just sucked. I do the same thing. Obviously, none of us got together and agreed to do that, so it's interesting that a number of people independently decided to vote that way.

Kind of an unspoken rule to give it to guildies, but when I am pugging, I don't have a set strategy.

Kinda wish you could see who has already received votes before I vote, as I usually try to vote for the "runner up" whether that is for heals, dmg, protection whatever.

Not to get all deep about it, but I would ideally like the most people possible, to leave the game with the most positive impression possible, thereby increasing the longevity of the game, and reducing queue times (not that they've been a problem since transfers, but just thinking ahead).

The only rule I have is to NEVER give a vote to anyone talking crap in gen chat, no matter how they perform statistically.

If I'm PvPing with my guildies we all vote for each other. If I'm pugging it up, then I'll vote typically for whoever had the highest objective scores, because I figure they're actually playing the game right/to win. Sometimes highest healer.

If someone does something spectacular and I see it, I'll vote for them though (like saving my life, winning a 2v1, ninjaing a node and then holding it till we get there)

I play a Tankasin, so I usually try to guard and defend a healer. If that healer keeps me up for my efforts, then I'll usually award them with my MVP vote. If they do not, I'll either give it to another healer, another tank with good protection numbers, or someone I notice who has contributed a lot to the objectives.

I have to say though, I'm fairly disappointed in how often protection numbers seem to get ignored with regard to MVP votes. Top heals and top DPS seem to have no problem getting votes, but top protection (sometimes with obscene amounts, talking like 200-300k) doesn't even seem to register for many. It's fairly discouraging as a PvP tank, quite frankly. And I don't just put my guard on someone--I use my taunts, I peel, and I put out a decent amount of damage/kills as well.

If I'm with a guild mate I got to give it to him first and foremost. If i am solo queing I am a healer so if their was a tank guarding me he is going to get it for sure. Otherwise, i'll give it to whoever I happen to notice do something really well. If none of the above I'll give it to a random dps in the middle of the pack cuz they never seem to get em.

• 11 months later...

I must admit that I hardly can remember character names at the end of a match - so giving someone a point is something I must think about, trying to remember the name - but often I just can't. Everything was too hectic.

As a result, my points are to a part "random", and to a part the result of trying to remember names (and I've got a very *bad* name memory, mind you !).

To be honest, most of the time there's no one worthy of a MVP vote and I don't want to give them the wrong idea, that they did something good, by giving them mine. Assuming I give one it will probably be in this order:

1. Tank who actually tanked

2. Guy who spent all game guarding (it's boring and deserves some praise)

3. Guy who, as a DD or healer, was commited to the objective. It's usually hard to establish this in a pug, give or take Huttball.

3. DD or healer that goes above and beyond (significally more output than the rest) while actually helping the team. It won't go to "Pit farmers".