Should WZs give social points?

Hambunctious

Well that's one of the benefits to PvE then. Sorry, but you guys have to suck it up

Why? The social points in pve are for grouping. Pvp is as much about the team as pve if not more so.

Excluding social from pvp is just excluding a player base who prefers to pvp but would still like social gear to customise their look. I think you're missing the bigger picture. I won't pve simply to get social gear as I would rather spend my time playing what I enjoy. That said - why should that exclude me from customising my characters look? If you can offer a really compelling reason why pvp gamers shouldn't have this option I'll happily agree.

So?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's look at the benefits of each:

Social:

Titles at both lvl 5 and 10

Party Instigator/Galactic Party Bomb

Social gear

Valor:

Titles every ten levels

Customizable BM/WH gear you have to be lvl 60 and 70

Aren't you forgetting the loot drops from fp's. If you want to balance that equation anove we could always offer pvp corpse loot options for gearing up. That would make your comparison fairer.

Biased debate much?

This is just going to turn into a PvP vs PvE thread. It's simple. Bioware stated that they want to keep PvP and PvE separate. This is one way they do that.

You guys can QQ all day, but it won't make a difference because PvE players will QQ if you guys get social in wz.

At the end of the day, I really don't care because I do both. I'm just trying to tell you guys Bioware will not likely change this.

Edited by HeavensTerror

This is just going to turn into a PvP vs PvE thread. It's simple. Bioware stated that they want to keep PvP and PvE separate. This is one way they do that.

You guys can QQ all day, but it won't make a difference because PvE players will QQ if you guys get social in wz.

At the end of the day, I really don't care because I do both. I'm just trying to tell you guys Bioware will not likely change this.

I agree it's unlikely they will change it because the effort/reward for Bioware won't be worth it. I disagree that it's about keeping pvp and pve separate. It's about balance and fair reward for the same effort. Social points and loot drops from pve are an additional benefit over pvp rewards. Balance that equation in whatever format you choose and pvp gamers will feel they are getting equal opportunity for their monthly subscriptions. Even if not social points the ability to customise and gain rng gear makes it fair.

Using terms like QQ won't deviate the debate any we pay our subs so give us equal reward. Simple. Bland statements about keeping pve and pvp separate don't really hold any water sorry.

No competition PVP>PVE :)

But really i started as a raider and i am more social in PVP than i was in PVE.

At legacy 46 and four toons BM or higher, only one toon is above social III. I've played with countless people since december of last year. On a daily basis I get invites however, I am still lacking the third and fourth social legacy unlock. Hell I even started a guild. Seems harsh that pvp folks would not get social points.

So how do I get social points? Mostly by doing group heroics and dailies. Often times I tell people drop the quest, I am at the quest giver for social points. Sometimes folks will not drop a quest even though I am standing right beside the quest guy.

PvP has Valor

PvE has Social

No, keep them separate.

apples and oranges.

if you wanna compare them, Valor is more akin to tionese crystal - used to buy entry level gear.

social does not help nor hurt pve, just as it wouldn't in pvp.

Let's give raiders valor for doing operations, because... oh wait why would they get PVP ratings for PVE STUFF?

why do you associate social gear with pve?

i guess if you're terribad, you pve in social gear with no socket?

oh wait, you put your pve augments into the social gear?

oh yeah, that's what the pvp people want to do too.

I don't see why not; it's necessarily a group activity. There's no story dialogue going on besides the intro sequence to warzones, but then running the same BT instance for social points isn't really about story dialogue either.

We spend a lot of time in groups, and should be interacting with eachother. Is that not social enough for social points?

Of course they should. They are way more social (i.e most of the time people talk) than flashpoints.

Yes, the fact that you went and did something with other people (granted officially grouped or ungrouped -as groups get enough perks as it is) should certainly be worthy of social points. Unless devs have something against pvpers.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.