PVP is all about dying--a lot

OrionPex

I see a lot of post from people complaining about the recruit gear system or OP classes. News flash! PVP is about dying, over and over. The net effects of dying is learning to play your class (and earning some sweet BM or WH gear). Trust me, after 1000 deaths in WZs, you'll learn to become a better player. For instance, I have a full WH Sith Sorcerer. The class is a friggin glass cannon; however, if you are wily (like me) you'll learn to pick your battles and survive.

Bottom-line: Stop crying and start playing.

I like to think PvP is about using my commando to spray green beams of love all about the warzone, but, to each his own :p

Oh I have been loved a lot ... over, and over. That is my point. :p This game is about LOVE. Lot's of LOVE.

even as a dps in recruit gear, you don't have to die, a lot.

a very VERY important part of "racking up the score" in a WZ (even when losing) is - not dying.

if you die, you have to rez and run back. that results in a lot of downtime.

even as a melee dps, you don't have to jump right into the middle of things to be in every sniper's kill box.

you don't have to be the first to jump in to engage. there's no secret bonus for dying first, i promise.

in any WZ, i like to take the first 2-4 seconds, and look at how each player plays (from the opposite faction), and I'll mark them, before doing anything.

the ones in the back not immediately casting, are almost ALWAYS the healers. THOSE are the ones to go after.. :D

I see a lot of post from people complaining about the recruit gear system or OP classes. News flash! PVP is about dying, over and over. The net effects of dying is learning to play your class (and earning some sweet BM or WH gear). Trust me, after 1000 deaths in WZs, you'll learn to become a better player. For instance, I have a full WH Sith Sorcerer. The class is a friggin glass cannon; however, if you are wily (like me) you'll learn to pick your battles and survive.

Haha this post kind of reminds me of SWG where people would constantly complain because they were actually killed in PvP

I must been seen as a threat or weak because I get attacked a lot. The guy next to me can have the ball in Hutt Ball and I'll get focused down no matter what. TBH tho, in Huttball I try to avoid the oposition for the simple fact that engaging someone does not equal winning. Making it so that you're open, keeping an eye on open players, looking for opportunities to knock people from good vantage points or stun players going after the ball equals winning. Fighting everyone you come in contact with ties up players who could otherwise be used to pass to or assist the ball carrier.

The only WZ I go all out in is Denova and that's when we're trying to take the Southern node. But then you have to because all it takes is that one stealth player, or that player who pulls you away from the node and then you've lost because you didn't see that beam slowly taking your point.

Everything else, I stay on the door or the nodes. That's whether I play my Commando, Shadow, Guardian, Scoundrel or Bounty Hunter. Too often Knights leap from the door/node toward enemies coming to attack and we wind up losing. Half the time I don't even go for points. I go for the easy cap or door plant.

I must been seen as a threat or weak because I get attacked a lot. The guy next to me can have the ball in Hutt Ball and I'll get focused down no matter what. TBH tho, in Huttball I try to avoid the oposition for the simple fact that engaging someone does not equal winning. Making it so that you're open, keeping an eye on open players, looking for opportunities to knock people from good vantage points or stun players going after the ball equals winning. Fighting everyone you come in contact with ties up players who could otherwise be used to pass to or assist the ball carrier.

The only WZ I go all out in is Denova and that's when we're trying to take the Southern node. But then you have to because all it takes is that one stealth player, or that player who pulls you away from the node and then you've lost because you didn't see that beam slowly taking your point.

Everything else, I stay on the door or the nodes. That's whether I play my Commando, Shadow, Guardian, Scoundrel or Bounty Hunter. Too often Knights leap from the door/node toward enemies coming to attack and we wind up losing. Half the time I don't even go for points. I go for the easy cap or door plant.

If you are getting focused next to the guy with the hutball, it is because you may be providing support that makes him difficult to catch up to and/or kill. Taking out the support is often the best way to take down the ball carrier. Sometimes, they might just be idiots though, they are plentiful. ;)

If you are getting focused next to the guy with the hutball, it is because you may be providing support that makes him difficult to catch up to and/or kill. Taking out the support is often the best way to take down the ball carrier. Sometimes, they might just be idiots though, they are plentiful. ;)

That's probably most likely it and I just take getting focused too personal lol. But there definitely are a lot of idiots in this game who can be losing and focus me down while letting the ball carrier get away and eventually scoring.

Me, I normally focus the ball carrier down and knockback people trying to protect him or stun him but all of my efforts and attacks are spent making sure he does not get away.

No, PvP INVOLVES dying over and over. Successful PvP actually involves dying as little as possible. Dead people can neither defend nor attack objectives. Superficial argument.

Whoa Sherlock Holmes solved the mystery of PVP success, kudos. The point is there is nothing wrong with dying in pvp as you learn the game. I am more suspicious of the jagoffs who claim they don't or the ones who like to whip it out on forums to prove their self-worth (sad, because this is a game). Maybe it is a generational thing, I dunno. You learn from failure and there is nothing superficial about that.

Whoa Sherlock Holmes solved the mystery of PVP success, kudos. The point is there is nothing wrong with dying in pvp as you learn the game. I am more suspicious of the jagoffs who claim they don't or the ones who like to whip it out on forums to prove their self-worth (sad, because this is a game). Maybe it is a generational thing, I dunno. You learn from failure and there is nothing superficial about that.

There is somethign wrong with dying in pvp. If you die a lot, it generally means you suck. And sucky people make me lose matches.

If you want to die, do it in pre-50 pvp. Don't turn 50 and lose the team a match because you suck and can't manage your cooldowns.

There is somethign wrong with dying in pvp. If you die a lot, it generally means you suck. And sucky people make me lose matches.

If you want to die, do it in pre-50 pvp. Don't turn 50 and lose the team a match because you suck and can't manage your cooldowns.

i'd say, there's nothing wrong with dying, if there's a good REASON for you dying.

you getting focus fired because the other team hates you? valid reason.

you getting pulled away from your healer, and into the enemy's kill box, then chain stunned to death? valid reason.

you defending a node, and 4 stealthers pop out of nowhere, and gib you? valid reason.

dying isn't a problem, it's the reason for dying that's the important issue here. if you died because you are in recruit gear, and decide to rambo it up and pop perdition and jump to the PT Pyro Elite War Hero's face, and die, then no, that's not a good reason for dying.

it's like this person in this thread. 15-20 minutes without a badge? i can guarantee you he died a lot - and that's certainly NOT what pvp is all about.

Wow you just proved my point. Thanks for whippin' it out there, Chief. Ever try yoga? I mean it might help you to relax.

i'd say, there's nothing wrong with dying, if there's a good REASON for you dying.

it's like this person in this thread. 15-20 minutes without a badge? i can guarantee you he died a lot - and that's certainly NOT what pvp is all about.

I don't I have ever seen someone NOT get a badge. But that is moot. My point is that there is nothing wrong with dying as long as you learn. Too many people complain, blame or whatever .... That said, for leet jokers out there, I wish there was a way for you to get your rocks off while leaving everyone else alone. Because quite frankly you come-off d***s. Maybe an ELITE WZ? Even better an elite warzone that causes perma-death ... yeeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh ... 2 man enter, 1 man leave.

This thread reminds me alot of yesterday running around killing 45's with my 28. (Assasin myself)

There was one match in particular where i killed the healer solo about 5 times, RIGHT behind their caster line. Right then it became so obvious that all of them were zoomed into the toons so i started circle fighting.

Killed 5 people alone before they decided to turn and kill me.

Just watch people as you play find the other team strong points and weak ones and then completely dump on the weak ones. You'll come out on top. Just slo the game down look at whats happening around you. Its just like any shooter sure people say "no you just run and shoot" of course there right but all these games have a mental side to them where out-thinking someone can be as usefull as having an extra 5k hitpoints.

My favorite tip for melee would be GET BEHIND RANGE they never ever turn around and suddenly they cant hit you :)

Playing with recruit gear is not playing. You can't compete until you get augmented BM. Playing with recruit gear is killing time. It doesn't teach you anything - if anything it forces you to be too conservative and messes up your attack timings because it is so off base from BM. Luckily, you don't need to be in recruit gear for more than a day or two if you save up your warzone comms into RWZ comms and reverse them into a BM set.

The reality is they made a huge mistake by making PVP gear so good. BM gear is good enough to run hard modes in - that's a problem. They won't change it now because they're afraid of people QQ'ing about it, which is sad, but PVP gear should never have been made PVE viable.

Edited by dcgregorya

Playing with recruit gear is not playing. You can't compete until you get augmented BM. Playing with recruit gear is killing time.

Really? That is kind of a bogus argument. Recruit gear is fine for what it is. How hard is it to get BM or WH? Not too difficult. Just play the game.

Astute observation, kudos. You get punched enough, you learn how not to get punched. Crying about it doesn't change anything.

you assume the people getting punched enough learn from the mistake.. :p

there's always the option that they get punched dumb.. :rak_01: