Resolve, Roots and the Reasons

Salubrie

an easy adjustment to this whole resolve issue is to put the cc-break that every class has on a 10 second cooldown. That, or make the cc-break give 10 seconds of cc immunity (including roots/snares) after being used. this change wouldnt affect PVE much, if at all either.

With the amount of cc in this game, a 2 minute cooldown on the cc-breaker is just insulting.

You sir, have lost the privilege of being taken serious on the pvp forums.

Let us know when you allow him and the rest of us who think this game is broken can have privileges back.

Your privileges will be reinstated the moment you provide evidence of Bigfoo... I mean, a bug in the resolve system.

Video footage will suffice.

Until then, Resolve is not broken, it is working exactly as intended.

Let us know when you allow him and the rest of us who think this game is broken can have privileges back.

When you stop making ridiculous requests, and when you gain enough understanding of your class and others and pvp in general ... so that when you come back to revisit your previous requests there will be no "facepalm .gif" big enough to express what you will feel at that moment.

If you played pre-1.2 Focus, you'd know how inconvenient Zealous Leap was without a root when it was used as a mini-gapcloser. You're "rooted" during the flight, ergo you can't move till you hit the ground (and then some). If the enemy was moving at normal speed, and he was charged by a non-immobilizing ability, he'd get out of melee range before the attacking character's GCD ended.

This man is correct!

my only issue with roots is when someone gets chain rooted for example as a combat sentinel in huttball the other day when the jugg ball carrier was way ahead of my team I did...

leap 3 sec root (15 sec cool down) -> crippling throw 3 sec root(12 sec cool down) -> master strike 3 sec root (27 sec cool down) -> rakata cryoshock grenade 5 sec root (3min cool down) -> 1 sec of movement allowed -> leap 3 sec root-> crippling throw 3 sec root.

thats 21 seconds of roots back to back done by one person without even giving any resolve what so ever and only a 1 sec gap allowing some movement. by then my team was rdy to fire pull and get the ball back.

if I really just wanted to keep someone from moving as long as possible and they had no cc breaker and I was the only one on them I could follow up with awe 8sec mez-->1 sec of movement allowed-> leap 3 sec root -> crippling throw 3 sec root -master strike 3 sec root-> force stasis 3 sec stun. so that makes 43 seconds with only 2 seconds of movement allowed and 1 combat sentinel can do this. now I would expect cc breaker to be used at some point in here out of pure frustration if they have it.

of course many of those roots as well as the mez break on damage forcing me to stop dps but its silly what you can do with this kind of ability in rateds. even if you cc break you only get a few seconds of movement depending which one you break out of.

I just think its crazy I can root someone down that long all by myself. honestly the only things usually stopping me from doing this is either myself or my target are long since dead or there's at least help for one of us on either side. usually only really use this kind of chain rooting for rooting a healer out of LOS of the rest of his team preventing his team from getting heals for a lot longer than if I had sent the healer to respawn or for locking down a ball carrier in huttball.

Clearly that Jugg just had the misfortune of not having ANY of his CC abilities available. If he was Immortal he could have:

Feared you. If you break it (if you can) then Backhand or Choke you to buy himself 4-5 seconds of free walking time.

Push you. This resets his charge, and puts you in range of being charged (or else, if used immediately after you charge him, gives him essentially free reign to go where ever he pleases for the next 12s.

Backhand and/or Choke you. If you break one, he applies the other.

Assuming Vengeance, the same applies as above, only Push becomes much more dangerous, because he can then charge to you and become immune to everything you do for four seconds (yes, including your roots). He trades this for the stuns of Backhand/Choke and a lower Push CD, but gets a lower fear CD in the process.

Assuming Rage, he might have been screwed, because all he has going for him is fear/choke/push, and in order for that to work he'd have to open with choke so you broke it and then follow with a fear or else push and do his best to aim you in the right direction.

But even then, he had options. But it sounds like you happened upon a Jugg who literally had no cooldowns, and apparently no one willing or able to get into a position for a pass of some sort.

As stated earlier though, roots on resolve would hurt ranged more than melee. As it stands now, even if a Cover Pulse from a Sniper doesn't knock me back with full resolve, I can still be rooted by Leg Shot, giving that Sniper time to get distance and set up again. But hey, if you really want to make Huttball a complete joke for any skilled Guardian or Jugg, be my guest. The Marauders will love you as well, since they'll be able to eat EVERYTHING for breakfast now.

When you stop making ridiculous requests, and when you gain enough understanding of your class and others and pvp in general ... so that when you come back to revisit your previous requests there will be no "facepalm .gif" big enough to express what you will feel at that moment.

Not a ridiculous request to have all the bugs in this game fixed. Maybe some people like the bugs because they can use them in the class they play to win?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.