The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I want a vanguard tank .

Zekoisop

I must ask you this:

Do you plan on PvEing with your Vanguard DPS?

If yes, then switch the current one to a tank. The reason I say this is because of a flaw in the design of Vanguards as PvE DPS. No, it is not their lack of damage output...it is their lack of a threat dump.

Not an issue in many cases, but when it becomes an issue...it becomes a big issue.

I must ask you this:

Do you plan on PvEing with your Vanguard DPS?

If yes, then switch the current one to a tank. The reason I say this is because of a flaw in the design of Vanguards as PvE DPS. No, it is not their lack of damage output...it is their lack of a threat dump.

Not an issue in many cases, but when it becomes an issue...it becomes a big issue.

Agreed the threat and combat system does not support the Vanguard as a DPS character in PvE. it will become problematic. You'll pull aggro and then won't be set up to tank what you pulled, and no way out unless you have a really good pure tank with you. Your group will hate you after a few wipes.

Now PvP it's a different world an that's where a DPS Vanguard shines, and you could arguably go so far as to say a tank Vanguard in PvP is a waste, whole 'nother topic

Assault vanguards should be guarded and their tanks should be taking advantage of taunt boosts. Peeling aggro on trash might be a bigger issue but it's trash and you have heavy armour and cryo grenades.

It's old content but assault spec really shines on a fight with lots of burst phases like Soa.