Save my server

Xerinbjk

I read the sticky character transfer post but there are a lot of replies and I thought the subject needed fresh attention. I am not interested in playing on a non-pvp server. It takes a huge element of fun out of the game. I also enjoy role playing. There is now only one combination server on the west coast. I don't want to move. Why do they want me to? I already brought one friend to the game. Just give it a little time and unlock the servers. They will fill up. ;)

How can your server be saved when you havent told anyone which server it is?

Ven Zallow or Ajunta Pall would be my guess as he said PvP and RP. However both these have the option of transferring to Jung Ma which is RP-PvP

The truth is that there are not enough RP-PvP players around to support 2 US servers that have a decent population. That is why the servers will close eventually.

Edited by Arlbo_Nabbins

Why am i only offered 1 server to transfer too? this sucks!

they wont all fit!

Namadii Corridor to The Harbinger 4 characters The Jekk'Jekk Tarr to The Harbinger 1 character Vornskr to The Harbinger 2 characters Zaalbar to The Harbinger 2 characters Krath to The Harbinger 7 characters Space Slug to The Harbinger 3 characters Kaiburr Crystal to The Harbinger 1 character Wall of Light to The Harbinger 2 characters

Why am i only offered 1 server to transfer too? this sucks!

they wont all fit!

Namadii Corridor to The Harbinger 4 characters The Jekk'Jekk Tarr to The Harbinger 1 character Vornskr to The Harbinger 2 characters Zaalbar to The Harbinger 2 characters Krath to The Harbinger 7 characters Space Slug to The Harbinger 3 characters Kaiburr Crystal to The Harbinger 1 character Wall of Light to The Harbinger 2 characters

You are not being offered anything. You are being merged. You will have an option to pay for a transfer to your choice of server in the future. Perhaps with restrictions.

Okay, let me get this straight. You stayed on an origin server, and are now asking for Bioware to increase the population of said server? After they've locked it?

Bioware is making it very clear. The origin servers are, basically, not being saved - that's why the voluntary transfers to the destination servers happened. Join the rest of your server on the destination server, or wait until paid transfers to a server of your choice come up (although I don't know if that will happen, and if so, how long it will be). But from what I've seen lately, origin servers will be shut down in September, and your characters will automatically be transferred to another server if you haven't done so before.

The servers are going to continue to shrink. Just transfer and enjoy it while you can. Free to play is coming by the end of the year.

Where is the link for that ? or just your opinion ?

I have no doubt it will go free to play, but as Glacially slow as Bioware is with everything, maybe by the end of next year, and thats still a maybe..LOL

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=502119

Origin servers should be going away some time over the summer check out the above link... To answer the Op. The force is not strong enough to save your server :(

I have no doubt it will go free to play, but as Glacially slow as Bioware is with everything, maybe by the end of next year, and thats still a maybe..LOL

That may be so but I think by Dec this year. Just look at how many servers we are down to from what it was in Jan. As the game continues to shed subs, I think it will be down to a small handful of servers and free to play at the end of the year. Take the layoffs, the people who decided to resign, and I wonder who also left without saying anything as well into consideration, it just doesn't look good heh.

Edited by LordSkyKnight

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=502119

Origin servers should be going away some time over the summer check out the above link... To answer the Op. The force is not strong enough to save your server :(

no doubt it will go free to play?

Yep you have to move your server will not be saved .

Sadly the game may go F2P eventually most likely a freemium model with subs and cash shop for everything

from vanity items to buffs, perks and adventure content most of the framework is already there with legacy which

would be the point i unsub , uninstall and never look back .

I hope they do not go this route give the game time to find it's legs I think of new MMOs' like a new business you

will probably not make a profit for the first couple of years but once you are firmly established the dollars will

start rolling in .

Back on topic - move your character you will have more fun in the long run .

It is I agree I just like to state for any powers that be who happen to read these that F2P is the wrong choice and

they will lose subs I encourage any who feel this way to also post your dislike of F2P models wherever they crop

up .

The F2P talk is entirely speculation.

This. The only indication that I'm aware of that Bioware has given is the level 15 trial.....which isn't an indication at all, considering WoW now has a level 20 trial.

I read the sticky character transfer post but there are a lot of replies and I thought the subject needed fresh attention. I am not interested in playing on a non-pvp server. It takes a huge element of fun out of the game. I also enjoy role playing. There is now only one combination server on the west coast. I don't want to move. Why do they want me to? I already brought one friend to the game. Just give it a little time and unlock the servers. They will fill up. ;)

Just move, you already know you will get auto moved. they wont unlock the server and no, it wont fill up.