Any ETA on Extra Character Slots?

Lunafox

*Predictable Answer*

We appreciate your concern in this matter and thank you for contacting us. Players can easily obtain extra characters by choosing a different server when logging into the game. You will have 8 additional slots to use.

Please update your ticket if you have any further concerns with this matter.

*Predictable Answer*

We appreciate your concern in this matter and thank you for contacting us. Players can easily obtain extra characters by choosing a different server when logging into the game. You will have 8 additional slots to use.

I lol'd

My prediction is they will be forced to give out more slots when they begin the compulsary server transfers, a lot of people ended up with 16 characters from two servers being given one destination, so 8 of those characters are left on origins. I can imagine a lot of rage if bioware forces people to delete 8 characters.

I think it would be perfect to tie in the extra character slots with your legacy rewards. When you hit say, legacy 30 you can unlock a couple more slots. Hit legacy 40, you can unlock a couple more.

I think it would be perfect to tie in the extra character slots with your legacy rewards. When you hit say, legacy 30 you can unlock a couple more slots. Hit legacy 40, you can unlock a couple more.

agreed

My prediction is they will be forced to give out more slots when they begin the compulsary server transfers, a lot of people ended up with 16 characters from two servers being given one destination, so 8 of those characters are left on origins. I can imagine a lot of rage if bioware forces people to delete 8 characters.

This is funny. Not funny, ha ha, but funny sad.

BW is forced to do NOTHING. The magic day will come, no expanded slots will be available. Your toons stuck on the old origin server will be there on your "My Account" with the same destination server. The only change will be you cannot access them to play.

You will be SOL.

Agreed....as long as the requierment is only legacy level, not legacy level + 1,000,000 credits.

to max out the benefits of species unlock i chreated characters on 5 server who now have to go on to 2 servers i got 9 that can't move and i only have 14 and 9 legacy level. so bad idea

Interesting answers, I'm hoping with enough rallying and whining, we could get extra slots in at most a couple of months...

It hadn't even occurred to me about the people who are getting stuck, unable to move characters from destinations to origins cause their space is used up...thats horrible. I'm ok with using Legacy levels to get the slots, but legacy plus money sucks.

yessss please more character slots! I mean if we level one species to 50 it unlocks, great. I would love to use it but I want to use all the different species which - guess what - it *8* which is guess what - the number of slots we have. It's kind of silly really considering there are technically *16* classes you can play.

I think it's only fair that we get 16 slots to be able to play all the different classes (since 1 class has 2 options at level 10 there are 16 classes!!!!)

Now linking it to Legacy is a great option as well - but I don't think we should have to pay creds for it - as it is I can't even afford the stuff that is available that (imo) is way over priced.

PLLLLEEEEEASE! give us more slots!!! I want more twinks!!!!

*Predictable Answer*

They actually have said extra char slots are coming in the future....so the question isn't out of the blue.

The time for more slots is NOW!. I have 17 PCs for what is now 1 viable server. I will be enraged if ANY of my PCs is deleted or otherwise rendered unplayable against my will. As it is 10 of them are currently "stranded" on what are now 2 super-dead servers, thus making them only marginally playable (as if it were a single player game). But that's not the purpose of an MMO is it?

Or give more than one option for destination server.

Why wait BW? Do one or the other for 1.4.

At this point I wish they hadn't started these transfers at all. I'd rather have all my PCs on sparse servers than some PCs on heavy servers and the rest nearly unplayable.

Edited by hooty

• 5 weeks later...
if they would hurry up and amp up the slots to a minimum of 12 i would bet it would help with sub retention greatly with guilds being able to run lowby guild lvlin and just more ppl able to play another toon they haven;t played or play a race they unlocked but cant.

I would say that it won't be implemented until F2P is installed, rewarding only those who subscribe with extra slots. That you will have to buy it with Cartel Coins, it's what I would have done any way. But this is all guesswork, we will see what happens. Edited by SilentKitty