PvP, 8k crits, The Force, Lore & You

Kheg

The ridiculously high hits only happen if you have zero expertise with no defensive cooldown and crappy armor and if the attacker is on the high end gear with some extra buff for the damage (like marauder's 15% damage buff or something).

If you are average or above average geared (with 1000+ expertise at least), know what is going on around you (making sure not getting focus fired), know the strengths and the weaknesses of your class, you will enjoy your TTK just like a lot of other people do.

They do happen, far more than you think.

Regardless, 4k crits, 5k, 6k it's all ridiculously out of hand. The simple point is there's a lot more running back from spawn than there is actual engaging meaningful combat going on. Hence, you're missing the point, as I expected most people to.

The highest I ever hit for was about 6k. But that was when I was Focus specced, Force Sweep charged with Singularity, Felling Blow, Inspiration, and both relics and adrenal popped. I'm pretty sure people have hit higher, but that was my personal record. About 4k was my norm with Force Sweep. I don't hit those numbers anymore as Combat, but my sustained damage output is way higher than when I was Focus specced.

As I said in the original post, there are going to be those that are of the opinion that "ooh a 1-shot instagib definitely does have it's place in the game!" I'm inclined to believe you're one of those people.

lol, you're embellishing it. There's nowhere near that kind of damage.

one shots may not happen. but it doesnt take away from the fact that fights can end in as quickly as 2-3 seconds. gear factors into alot of it as well as cooldowns and skill. however there should be a better balance than the current zergfest. Right now its not as fun as it could be. Balance is key and zergfests are not.