Any word on mouse-over healing?

Gabrandt

Do not click the above link. It is SWTOR referral program fraud.

Also I want to take this time to alert everyone of a forum rule. Due to the possible "trick" nature of using your referral link to trick someone into unintentionally becoming your referral, we are not allowing use of your referral links here on the forums until this issue is resolved. Whether that is being honest about what the link is, or trying to hide it, it will be removed. Any egregious breach of this rule can result in infraction points.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might have been a while since this was posted, but this statement is still true. I enjoy playing a healer in MMO's, but not this one. When TOR launched I was caught up in the hype, had fun with the storylines, but after just a few attempts at some flashpoints here and there, I made up my mind that this wouldn't be an MMO I'd do much healing in. A couple months after launch I'd figure I'd return at some later point and time to see if any major improvements were made.

Flash forward about two years and, sadly, I see it hasn't made any significant quality of life improvements. I'll likely be trying out other storylines I didn't get the chance to see and will be messing with the new star fighter aspect of the game, but I won't be doing anything as a healer. In game challenges are fine, but UI challenges are another story.

I tip my hat off to those who do have the patience to learn TOR style healing. I probably would have broken several keyboards if I were in your shoes.

And mouse-over doesn't just add to the enjoyment of healing. It worked for the other abilities, too, like casting against enemies and CC's. I'd use mouse-over on my rogue all the time to Blind/cc a mob that was headed for an overzealous healer/dps. Same with my warlock; dps the main target and mouse-over Fear/Dot other mobs.

So, those that say a mouse-over feature would dull it down or make players lazy, obviously haven't played a game with it. Its far more engaging to mouse over all the action on the screen than it is to tab-target or rely solely on keybinds.

Edited by johnterminus

This is a feature I've gotten used to in other games, and a feature that in its absence still makes healing feel awkward.

For those unfamiliar with what mouseover entails, imagine that you instead of clicking a target to cast a certain spell on; simply hover your mouse over it.

For healing, this means that you can have your tank or perhaps even the opponent/boss targeted, and still be able to heal yourself and your teammates by holding the mouse over them or their ops-frame/character portrait while casting a heal.

This, more than any other feature, I am certain, would make sure that you'd see a whole lot more healers in your groupfinder queues and in your warzones.

Discuss. :rak_02:

My only concern is that, you would have to avoid moving your cursor over abilities in your quick tab that you don`t want to use such as CC`s and cool downs. That`s where the click comes in so that you are not autofiring your abilities.

My only concern is that, you would have to avoid moving your cursor over abilities in your quick tab that you don`t want to use such as CC`s and cool downs. That`s where the click comes in so that you are not autofiring your abilities.

Wait wut.

Moving your cursor over something doesn't initiate any abilities with mouse-over healing. The keybind you set triggers the ability, mouse-over just dictates the target.

Instead of moving the mouse -> Clicking a target -> hitting the keybind you skip step two.

Edited by CaptainApop