new info out of comicon

Shingara

If they are like EQ I think it is a great idea

Problem is as hugely casual friendly SW is I doubt they will be Epic

Could you imagine if one section actually required 2 people instead of one? I can see the forum now lol

Could you imagine if it required a PvE operation boss? I can see the forum now

Could you imagine if it has more then 4 steps? I can see the forum now

Sure it is a nice feature but I highly doubt it will be "epic" and if it is (which I hope) they will get way too much blow back

I can still remember the posts in Rift, even after HK was open and GS was completely trivial, about how people didnt feel they need to kill LGS in order to get their "epic" weapon, which ofc was replaced in RoS anyway

Some of the EQ epics were a huge challenge and you know what, people just shut up and did them, or they didnt but most of those type players are gone and are replaced with "If I go all the way to Hoth and find that snowpile, my epic should be there, why is it the first step?"

i like purposely going to planets underlvled to make it more challenging

but thats has been slightly messed up lately by the legacy system

this idea was doing great for my marauder,until i hit a certain lvl where i expected things to get more difficult,was excited about it...then found out it wasnt because my marauder has her class buff and my sorc`s class buff due to legacy

They could make Legendary weapons quite interesting in SWTOR. For example giving the weapons shell some great baseline stats or effects (similar to set bonuses), along with the best Barrel/Hilt Mods and Enhancement ingame at the time.

This would allow it to be upgradable to always be the best weapon you can get ^^ Something like that would be pretty awesome imo. It would kinda be like weapons that scale with level in other RPGs except less dull as it'd still require you to upgrade it over time.

The only downside to this I can think of, is that it kind of messes with the story that this ancient amazing weapon later on gets upgraded with shiny mods from some random boss.

However I would think thats better than the alternative of some amazing ancient weapon that becomes completely obsolete 6 months down the line.

Yeah, this was my first 'fear' as well. Lotro has some cool features (scalable instances and helluva lot less loading screens), but the Legendary BS grind is a complete waste of time.

Don't know the time frame you are pulling the above from, but Legacy Items have been revamped a couple of times; a lot less grinding, easier to customize, etc. BW can learn a thing or two from LoTRO LIs. Also enjoyed EverQuest's Epic Weapons, long quests chains, could not solo parts of the chain, often needed a raid to get an item and no guarantee that it would drop.

Really wanted my Froglok Necro to get his Epic, never did, sigh....

Edited by Ujest