Leveling through PVP

Beretta

Has anyone tried leveling up solely through PVP? I am wondering how this compares to normal questing, especially now with the 30% warzone exp buff from legacy perks.

This will be my 5th character I level up and I am kinda sick of questing.

From my experience it would take a very long time and would be kind of rough. You would get the advantage of having tons and tons of comms to buy medpacks with though. You have to remember that your valor will be capped at your level so you will only be getting credits, xp and comms the majority of the time.

Even in the 40's it seems like the XP you get from PvP is one of the slowest ways to level up. I'm sure it can be done though.

I normally only do class quests and a lot of PvP. It keeps me 3-4 levels under class missions so I'm getting some good XP and plenty of valor and coms. Thie nice thing about the valor cap is even though you can only have your valor as high as your level is that when you level you will gain that valor XP that was sitting in limbo for when you level so don't worry about having your valor capped at all.

I can't imagine it tbh

Like the above poster I do the planet story class story and then pvp until next planet minimum level and rinse repeat. It is actually not too bad of a pace

but it is of no comparison to questing

I havent bought anything through legacy, I'm maxed I just still havent seen a reason to get anything

If you plan on pvping at 50 I strongly recommend capping out pvp commendations pre 50. Get to 2000 wz comms pre 40 then 40-50 max on ranked comms and wz comms this will give yourself a big advantage at 50 especially if you duel wield and you can buy warhero mainhand and bm offhand. This will keep you busy while leveling and also give decent exp

Has anyone tried leveling up solely through PVP? I am wondering how this compares to normal questing, especially now with the 30% warzone exp buff from legacy perks.

This will be my 5th character I level up and I am kinda sick of questing.

I am doing this currently with an alt, with the 30% xp buff. To be honest as other have said, it feels kinda slow, I think I started this toon 3 weeks ago and I am level 44 as of this AM, and I play a good 2-3 hours a night. All that to say, I still have to devote a lot of time to class questing (for which I am completely out-leveled and receive no xp) just to keep up on creds, companions, and gear.

But, I think I have like 1000+ WZ medpacs stocked, and another 400 or so WZ adrenals, and I will definitely hit 50 with 3500/2000 comms banked.

It is pretty obvious through the design and now the Legacy feature that Bioware intends this game to be multi-faceted, but not for each facet to be independent. It is also very evident that the story is considered the central pillar of the game that the other facets attach to.

You are free to level using only one of the facets, but be warned that it will be much slower than if you were to use all of them.

I am doing it now, sadly for me it is a re-roll server so I have no legacy perks.

It takes an eternity, I probably have damn near 600+ games and I'm level 42 right now. I think patch 1.2 nerfed xp from warzones big time so maybe with the 30% increase it would be a bit more viable.

another problem is the small amount of credits you get from games now, but since you have many toons already it wont be an issue.

good luck

I almost completly leveled through pvp and space quests. A sniper and sorcerer. It is slower but deffinatly based on your win percentage. Some days it seemed really fast and others really dragged.