Force of Wills: The Ties that Bind

Earthmama

Two entries here, one is cross posted on the weekly challenge thread.

D5-Mantis (cross posted from the weekly challenge thread, Family prompt.)

Everything she touches turns to dust, everyone she loves either leaves or dies, or don’t want her to begin with. Now, Torian was gone. She left Mako, Gault and Blizz what was left of her family, on the ship, Skadge lumbered behind her, he was expendable. She was angry with herself for allowing these people into her heart, for allowing herself to care for them, she had lost enough families, and in her line of work, family wasn’t smart, love was a weakness. She had thought stupidly that becoming Mandalorian, joining a clan would make love and family safe, acceptable, they valued this stuff, and she had grown attached, she felt a need to protect them.

Her mother abandoned her, her sister was taken from her, Braden was killed, the most elite Bounty Hunters in the Galaxy, friends, brothers and sisters in arms, gunned down on the order of a Jedi with a death wish. She thought if she kept Torian at arms length, don’t let things get serious, but how do you not let things get serious with such a serious and intense person? He had told her he loved her, and she pushed him away, told him not to say such things, that she didn’t want him dead. He said it anyways, trying to placate her, trying to pull her close, whispering, and kissing and touching. Ava knew his days became numbered, and so she whispered, and kissed and touched, hanging onto every moment.

She was going to gun each one of these misguided Republic lacjkeys down, and if a hair on Torians gorgeous head was missing she would gun down their families. She gripped her pistols in each hand, trigger fingers itching, the force that was innate within her had tinted her world a shade of red. People were going to die, painfully.

“Keep up Skadge.” She said over her shoulder to the lumbering and puffing Houk. He was another weapon, something to unleash on these dead men who would threaten her people. When they had met on Belsavis that’s what she recognized him as, a weapon to be used, then thrown away when he had nothing left to offer. He grunted his reply, good dog, earn your keep.

They entered a wide open cavern, they were surrounded, Torian sat on a chair bound and she felt a wave of relief that he was still alive. Just as quickly a constriction in her heart as the idiot who was talking pointed a blaster at his head. Avacynne didn’t let the man finish his sentence, the world flashed red, blood red, as she shot him between the eyes, and unleashed her chosen weapons. Skadge cut and slashed his way through the mercenaries, his methods were messy and painful, and the cavern filled with screams, the snow underfoot melted by the hot and sticky blood. In the end all that was left standing was the Houk, bloodied and feral, Avacynne, her blood lust not nearly sated, and Torian, smiling.

“That’s my girl.” He said quietly, proud, secure.

Ava turned to Skadge, “out.” He snarled and left, and Ava untied Torian went back to the ship. She refused to speak, refusing Torian as he tried to hold her hand, to kiss her or hug her, to melt away the fear that still clung to her like the blood that spattered her armor.

She slammed the bulkhead door behind her, the force aiding her strength, which only made her even angrier. She stalked to her room giving Blizz a look that said not now as he approached her with a new contraption.

“Blizz happy you ok! What wrong with Boss? Why Boss still mad? Did Boss break new blaster Blizz make her? That would make Blizz super mad!” The little Jawa chittered to Torian, who could only stare at Ava’s closed door.

“Gault said Ava’s still on a warpath, what did you say to her?” The slight woman asked hands on hip. “Also, glad you’re alive” And patted him on the back.

“She’s still afraid.” Was all Torian said, he was never one for many words, even less in basic. Mako nodded then, understanding, Ava had confided in Mako shortly after Braden had died, she knew how many people Ava had lost.

Ava’s door opened, she threw her heavy gauntlet at the intruder. Torian caught it mid air. “Get out.”

“No.” He placed the gauntlet on a shelf.

“Get OUT!” Ava threw a pistol cartridge at his blonde head. He of course caught it.

“No!” Torian placed the cartridge beside the gauntlet with infinite calm. “I’m in love with you Avacynne.”

Ava didn’t throw anything this time but slapped him hard across the face. Her hand stung and the fair skin of his cheek turned red. “Then you’re an idiot. I hate you, and you’re stupid misplaced honor, fool of a Mandalorian, throwing your life away, for what? Glory? It’s an idiotic culture, and I’ll have no part in it anymore, so get out, I’ll have nothing to do with you.” Ava flung the words, intent on hurting him, and she did see hurt in his blue eyes, but he stubbornly stood his ground. Ava slapped him again, and again, hitting both cheeks, bruising his face. Her vision blurred as tears escaped from beneath her visor. “You stupid, stupid man, I’m not worth loving, and I can’t take the pain of losing another family. So just go, leave.” She begged him.

Torian grabbed her wrists and gently kissed the palms of her hands where the skin buzzed from hitting him. He shook his head indicating he would not move. Ava sobbed then, the fear, relief and finally pain of all those she had lost washing over her, she hadn’t cried since she was a little girl on Tython and it felt good to cry, and mourn, and to feel, even if those feeling were unbearable. Torian wrapped her up in his arms and held her on his lap rocking her gently, his hard warrior woman. He didn’t placate her, didn’t tell her everything would be ok, didn’t tell her he would always be there for her, that he wouldn’t die she deserved more than lies.

“Cyare, I love you, I want to be with you for as long as I have, I want to raise children with you, and either grow old with you or die in battle at your side. I will not go, I will not leave, you cannot drive me away with empty words and your fear.” He pulled her small metal visor off, Ava tried to turn away, but he held her head in place, her eye sockets didn’t sag, they were held up as if by invisible eyes. It amazed him how the dark within her empty sockets could look back at him, sometimes he could see bursts of colour in their depths, and sometimes the black had small specks of light like stars in space. Everything about her was beautiful to him, if only she could let go of her fear and let him love her. Her lids blinked and a tear escaped, Torian wiped it away with deference.

“I’m not a brave person, I need your help Torian, I’ve lived most of my life in fear, I’m good at pretending to be brave, but I’m not, and the thought of losing you, or Mako, or Blizz or even Gault, idiot that he is, it paralyzes me, I don’t know how to let go of that fear. I love you, and I want all those things you want, I…I need you to be my guide and I need you to be patient with me.” Ava rubbed his red cheeks, sorry that she had struck him, “and don’t ever get captured again.”

“I can do that.” He said softly, pulling her down to his lips hugging her tightly.

“Boss! Boss! Look, I made favorite blaster better! See! Don’t be mad no more ok?” A boot hit the Jawa squarely on the head.

“Out!” yelled Torian, raising another boot. The two half naked Mandalorians could hear Mako and Gault laughing in the other room.

D5-Mantis

“Torian could you hand me the Hydro squid?” Avacynne asked in Mando’a. Torian raised an eyebrow at her.

“I got that one wrong didn’t I?” Switching back to basic. Torian just nodded and handed her the hydrospanner so she could make the final adjustments to the new guns on the Mantis.

“What did I say?”

“Hydro squid?”

Ava laughed, she had stopped being embarrassed by her mistakes a long time ago, it was part of the learning process and Torian was a wonderful teacher.

“Hydro” He cupped her face in his hands and she listened to the sound and watched his lips.

“Hydro” she repeated.

“Spanner.” He finished the word in Mando’a, then repeated it for her.

“Squid. No, wait….spanner.” Her lips and voice worked their way over the word, odd and awkward on her tongue.

“Spanner.” She was rewarded with a kiss.

“Very good, you’re getting better cyare!”

Without missing a beat she replied to him in his native tongue, “I have a good teacher. Teacher should take me to bed.” She got up and straddled him on the stool he was sitting on, “teacher should give me more pistol lesson.” Her voice was sultry as her lips brushed against his ear, then kissed him on the neck. She heard his intake of breath and felt his arms go around her.

“You don’t need pistol lessons Ava, there’s nothing I could teach you there, but I can give you some private lessons.” He chuckled softly and grabbed her legs and bottom, standing up and holding her in place, fully intent on taking her to bed.

“Hey Ava! Oh geez, guys? Give it a rest would you?” Mako walked in then shielded her eyes from their display, “Honestly, we have a Jawa on board, keep it in the bedroom.”

Ava looked at Torian, then back to Mako, “You do realize that Blizz is an adult right? Just cause he’s little and cute doesn’t mean he’s a kid.”

The slicer rolled her eyes, “right, whatever you say boss. Anyways, there’s a job, a big one, and their asking for you by name.”

Ava finally jumped down from her perch on Torian, private lessons would have to wait. “Who’s hiring?”

“Lord Ardyth Eldrazzi, Darth Kozilek, the Emperor’s Wrath. Lady has a bunch of titles…”

“I don’t work with Sith, you know that Mako.” The last Sith she worked with she had killed, Darth Tormen had been a lesson, her eyes flicked to Torians strong neck, and how easily the Darth had nearly broken him.

“five million credits.” Mako said.

“What?” She heard Gault yell from his bunk in the crew quarters.

Skadge poked his big ugly head out, “five mill? Don’t be stupid boss.”

“We don’t need the money, we’re doing just fine…”

“Boss, boss, with that kind of money Blizz can rebuild WHOLE engine so we can go super fast!! And Blizz can make lots of blasters and stuff…please boss?” The little Jawa chattered excitedly. Blizz never asked for anything, he was always content with his cut and whatever pieces of salvage he could find, she was starting to feel guilty.

She looked at Torian pleadingly, she didn’t want to work for a Sith again, and this one actually sounded important.

“With that kind of bounty, must be a difficult target, would be a good hunt.” Ava scowled, traitor, although he did have a point.

“Let’s just meet with her, see what the job is about, if you’re still getting a bad feeling about it after you’re done talking, decline. No harm done” Mako reasoned.

That was the problem, Ava grit her teeth, thinking of Torian lifted off the floor, being choked by an invisible hand. There was harm done, and Sith don’t understand the meaning of the word no. Neither did her crew it would seem.

She felt Torians hand on her shoulder giving it a squeeze, she looked up into his sea blue eyes, and willed away the dread and fear in her stomach.

“Alright, make the call Mako.”

Edited by Earthmama

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nar Shaddaa

Mitka and Aric walked hand in hand to the bank Malavai Quinn had indicated on his letter. Aric still wasn’t cleared for active duty, he walked with a faint limp from the injuries he sustained when they had assaulted the dreadnaught.

“How are you holding up?” She squeezed his hand, she had never been so scared then the moment she saw him bleeding out on the floor of their ship. Dorne had been quick and saved his life, although he still needed some physical therapy to get back to being 100%.

“I’m all right, we’re just going for a walk then grabbing drinks with your brothers, nothing too strenuous.” The last part of his statement held some bitterness. Mitka stopped him and gave him a kiss. Dorne had given him a list of activities he was to avoid due to them being too strenuous, at the top of that list was intercourse. Neither Mitka nor Aric could figure out if this was Elara’s way of expressing her extreme displeasure with their relationship, or if it was a valid activity to avoid, or both. Regardless, they had managed to follow doctors orders out of fear of slowing Arics recovery, although it was getting harder every day.

“Easy Lieutenant, she’s just doing her job, try to remember that she saved your life.” He just grumbled at her with an annoyed look in his eyes.

They were in their civies so as not to call attention to themselves, although a Sith Purblood walking hand in hand with a Cathar was an oddity, even on Nar Shaddaa. They had arrived early and still had two hours before Mitka was set to meet with her brothers on the Promenade. Of course Cohen had finally called for help he always did, he had a bad habit of getting in over his head and his siblings had a bad habit of bailing him out, every time.

When they reached the bank, she gave the teller the account number and her passcode, the teller blanched.

“I..I…I…I’m sorry, there’s already a person, a..a.. woman, with those credentials in that vault…my..my..my Lord.”

“What do you mean?”

“Please don’t kill me!” The man squeaked trying to sink himself behind his desk.

“Look, I’m not a si..”

Jorgan put an hand on Mitka’s arm, “You should take us to the vault before she gets angry.”

The bank teller bobbed his head up and down and motioned for the two to follow him. It was only then that Mitka took in her surroundings. The bank, although technically neutral, was swarming with Imperial uniforms and dark Sith robes. This particular banks largest clientele came from the Empire.

“Try to look angry. My Lord.” Aric whispered in her ear. She realized she was staring rather wide eyed at another red skinned Sith, the skin flaps that hung around his mouth and his chin were adorned with rich gold jewelry. There wasn’t a part of him that didn’t have ornamentation. Mitka realized most of the Purebloods adorned their faces, she realized she stuck out. The Sith looked at her then to Aric with a look of utter disdain, yet he cocked his head to her in a marginally respectful manner. She mimicked his gesture and put on her best arrogant high and mighty imperial face and walked on, trying to ignore the stares she was earning.

She dismissed the bank employee when they reached the vault, when he was out of view her and Aric pulled out the hold out blasters in their boots. Mitka entered the code and let the door slide open, blaster pointing forward. She didn’t expect what she saw.

Sitting in the corner, was a woman, a young woman, with long red hair, crying. She looked up, her face red and puffy, her bright blue eyes blood shot from the tears. She gasped, and got to her feet, hands raised. Mitka couldn’t help but feel like she was being analyzed.

“Mitka?” Oriah could see her mother in the pureblood in front of her, but her hair was cut short, chin length, simply. Her skin was a coppery tone and not the deep red of her mother and grandfather, she wore no jewelry. Her eyes were yellow, but the shape was the same shape as her and Marek’s, her father’s eyes. She was also holding a blaster and not a lightsaber, force blind.

“Who’s asking?” Oriah laughed a little, her mother’s voice, but with a decidedly Republic accent.

“Your sister.”

Mitka slowly lowered her pistol, Aric followed suit, the girl in front of her was unarmed, so far as she could tell. It had never even dawned on Mitka that her biological parents would have gone on to have more children. Mitka could only star at the beauty on front of her, were they really related? By blood?

“Oriah Elizabeth Quinn” She offered. “but please call me Oriah.”

“Mitka Quinn Riggs, call me Mitka. This is Aric Jorgan” Mitka responded numbly.

“What exactly are you doing here, Oriah?” Aric had come up beside Mitka, still suspicious.

Oriah blushed and flustered, “Truth be told, I came here to rob you, I need the credits. The safety deposit box has retina and fingerprint scans though. You’re a Cathar aren’t you? I’ve never met a Cathar before! It’s a pleasure!” She offered her hand to the grumpy and suspicious Lieutenant.

“Why would you need to rob me? I thought your family was rich? At least that’s what the letter implied” Mitka walked over to the box inspecting the security console. A shadow crept over the red heads face.

“I’m not going back. Whatever it takes, I’m not going back. Force blinds don’t do well in our family.” There was desperation and bitterness in her voice.

“No kidding.” Mitka turned to the console and pressed her thumb to the pad and let the light scan her eye. The small box swung open and a container holding three cred sticks stood waiting. She stared at them, still processing the information. Her mother had abandoned her, wanting her dead even, and now her second daughter was running as fast as she could to get away from her. The feelings of abandonment she had held her entire life lessened somewhat. She grabbed the cred sticks and handed one to Oriah. There was one thing left in the safety deposit box, a small printed picture, of a handsome man with black hair in a crisp Imperial uniform, blue eye, with small moles on his cheek, holding a tiny red baby wrapped in a familiar blanket. His face was sad, despite the very slight smile he had offered the photographer. She turned the picture over, and scrawled on the back, in the same elegant calligraphy from her letter, Papa and his little dream. She finally knew what he looked like.

Once away from the bank Aric pulled Mitka aside. “Mit, I know you don’t want to hear this, but what if this is a trap? You’re CO of Havoc with a mission to take out General Rakton, she’s Imperial. We can’t take her with us, you know that right?”

Mitka had considered this, but her gut was telling her this girl was who she said she was, and Mitka wasn’t about to abandon her on the smuggler’s moon. “I know, I know Aric, and she won’t be coming with us, I was thinking Aaron or Cohen might be able to take her to Republic space. I can’t explain it, I trust her, look at her, she looks like him, like me in certain ways. I’m not leaving her.” Aric just nodded at her and they made their way to the Slippery Slope Cantina.

Edit

I'm sorry, I have re-written this passage like 5 times and it just doesn't make me happy, this is my least awful version. bleh. I'll try to do better next time.

Edited by Earthmama

Nar Shaddaa

Cohen stood in the private room, he hadn’t moved, the big grey eyes stared back at him, sarcastic smile gracing her dark lips. She lay in a pool of blood, eviscerated. The damn cube was still transmitting, and his only hope of blocking it or shutting it off was laying dead in front of him. He had pulled out his blaster when he saw her on the floor, he should re-holster it, if someone were to walk in. He holstered his weapon. Too late.

“Cohen, what did you do?” Cohen recognized Aaron’s voice immediately, he also recognized a blaster charging. He lifted his hands in the air.

“I didn’t do this. Aaron I swear, I’m not a killer!” He slowly turned around to face his older brother, his dark features were fierce, brooding, and disappointed, he didn’t lower the blaster. “Aaron, bro, you’ve got to believe me, she was my contact, I found her like this, I’m up **** creek without her, there’s no way I would have killed her.” Aaron lowered the blaster, but then held out his hand, wordlessly ordering his little brother to give up his own weapon. When Cohen didn’t immediately comply, Aaron raised an eyebrow. With a sigh the younger of the Riggs boys handed over his gun.

“Start talking, who was she, what are you into this time. What happened to Risha?” The last question took Cohen by surprise.

“What do you mean what happened to Risha? I just slept with her, stole a datacube from her.” He could barely look Aaron in the eyes, but he did.

“She’s dead Cohen, with a nasty cut, just like this one. Bowdaar found her two nights ago”

Cohen’s face went white, he felt sick. “When I left her she was alive, she was smiling, she…Aaron I would never have hurt her.” He looked around for somewhere to sit, there was so much blood as he started noticing the blood spatter on the walls, Kaliyo’s dead mocking face bore into him. Cohen threw up. When he looked up at his brother, the ferocity was gone leaving concern. “I think I need a drink.” Aaron nodded and held the door open for his brother.

“I think I do too.” The larger darker Riggs clapped his brother lightly on the back.

They sat in a corner booth, Aaron with a vintage Corellian whiskey and Cohen with Gamorrian Taquila, he took one sip and turned a shade of green, Aaron gave him the whiskey and motioned to the waitress to bring him another.

“Drink it. It’ll make you feel better.”

Cohen took a sip, and it burned all the way down, settling in his stomach, he took another sip, it still burned but the warmth in his belly was better than the cold sickness he had been feeling. “Thanks.”

“Don’t mention it, Cohen talk to me, Mit told me you were deep into a conspiracy? That’s not your usual score.”

Cohen took another sip and collected his thoughts. “The Star Cabal was a century spanning, powerful secret society, they were the puppet masters, they were power. They kept all their information, and history on something they called the black codex.” Another sip, “Kaliyo told me that the society was over, torn down, but that the black codex had been broken up into four pieces. The information on there was beyond valuable, but the four pieces need to be reunited in order for any of it to make sense.”

“So what’s your end game Co?”

“What do I ever want Aaron? Sell the information to the highest bidder, I was even toying with the idea of becoming an information broker, but now…I have one piece, decrypted, and it’s sending out a tracking signal that I can’t block, and now two people are dead. I don’t know what to do.” The usual laughter in his voice was gone, he was thoughtful and somber.

“We’ll figure it out.” He stood up waving Mitka, Aric and Oriah over to the booth. “Looks like Mitka brought friends.”

Cohen finished the last of the Corellian whiskey, then took the shot of Gamorrean tequila in one swig. “Stars that stuff is swill!”

“It’s made by giant pigs.”

Drummond Kaas

Ardyth sat in the leather chair in the study. She panned through the photos of a person who should never have been. Staring back at her with a face much like her own was her shame, her abomination, she re-read her name, Major Mitka Quinn Riggs, anger seethed. She would kill him, Malavai Quinn was going to die a painful death but not before she killed his two precious daughters in front of him, she remembered being young and in love and discussing what they would name their first daughter. He had given her that name, perverted the meaning on an abomination, Mitka, the dream, Ardyth would be her nightmare. Oriah was standing in the photo at the bank with Mitka, smiling, talking, they had left together, traitorous whelp. Blood be damned, she would die. A slave entered the room, her black mood permeated the entire estate, the slave shook.

“My Lord, the Bounty Hunter.” He all but fled when Ardyth nodded.

A slight woman entered followed by a man, she paid him no mind.

“Avacynne, the Miraluka Bounty Hunter, your reputation precedes you.” She did not stand to greet them, she was surprised when she sensed no fear from them. Mandalorians, she smiled a wicked grin, they had their uses.

“My Lord” Ava gave a slight nod of the head, “What’s the job?”

Straight to business, Ardyth handed the datapad to the bounty hunter, who in turn raised an eyebrow. “dead or alive?”

“Alive, I would like to save the satisfaction of killing her for myself.”

“What about the red head?”

“Pay her no mind, it’s a family affair, your task is the soldier.”

“That’s fine, I take half my fee up front, the other half on delivery.” Avacynne handed her a credit stick, Ardyth bristled with annoyance.

“I decide when you get paid, worm.”

“That’s not how this business works lady, half up front or I walk.”

Ardyth raised a hand to force choke the bounty hunters companion, but was met with a blaster bolt before she could channel the force, a gauntleted fist met her face sending the Wrath sprawling, when she looked up the Miraluka had her wrist mounted flame thrower aimed at her face. Ardyth could smell the fuel dripping from the open vent. Ardyth’s smile was menacing, she had felt the bounty hunters fear, finally, and hate, she drew on the emotions adding them to her own.

“Somehing you Sith don’t understand, is that when you hire a professional, you pay the professional, you don’t kill her crew, or threaten her. Makes me mad, so now I have some new terms, my fee is now double, so ten million credits, and I still want half up front. If you don’t like those terms, I will melt your ugly red face off. See how threats can work two ways?”

Ardyth laughed, she had a wicked glint in her yellow eyes, she would do nicely, and after she delivered the abomination she would die for her insolence. “Double you say? I believe that can be arranged.” The credits transferred. She gather the force to her and let it burst throwing the bounty hunter and her companion to the floor, letting them know that they lived only because she allowed them to. “Now get out of my home, and do your job.”

Ardyth waited until they had left the compound before summoning her son, she removed her damaged glove and examined it. When Marek arrived she favored him with a dark smile.

“Mother” He kissed her cheeks.

“Marek, I fear your sister thinks she can escape her duty to her family, take my ship, and bring her home to me, so that she can be disciplined.” She could sense her sons pleasure. “Go now, I’ve been summoned by the Emperor, I’ll speak with you soon.” They left the estate, Ardyth took a shuttle to the orbiting fortress, Marek a speeder to the spaceport. There was work to be done.

I hope Ardyth and her son die really painful death (Being set on fire is one of them)

heheh Iike how find Mitka to be treat to Ardyth:D and I hope her sister will be ok.:(

Once are going hear from Elliah again.:confused:

Really I think Avacynne so see her mother get her side of the story.

I think a good story

Dantooine

SCORPIO’s voice had invaded her mind through her cybernetic implant, “Hunter program 587 initializing, Hunter 587 confirm.”

Ainsley had been in the middle of a pazaak game with Corso, Akaavi had been reading on the couch.

“Confirmation, Hunter version 587 initialized.” She was bombarded with an information stream from the Star Cabals defense program, she was sent reeling, her biological eye was rolling while her cybernetic eye shuttered rapidly processing the information. She was sent sprawling on the floor. In an instant she knew what had happened to her sister, the previous Hunter, she knew that the Star Cabal had essentially been stripped bare, she knew of Shiloh, formerly cipher 9 and her roll in both the destruction and now rebuilding of the Star Cabal. Her orders were clear, and her training took over.

“Babe?” Corso had her head on his lap, Akaavi stood over both of them. Akaavi was hit first with a kick to the head knocking Corso over, she slammed her against the wall, leaving a bloody smudge on the wallpaper. The Zabrak went down easily. Corso approached her, which earned him an uppercut followed by a roundhouse kick, his head slammed into a chair, opening a gash on his forehead and splitting his lip. He rolled onto his back only to be greeted by Ainsley’s twin barrels.

“Ainsley, sweetheart! It’s me! It’s Corso, don’t shoot. It’s me, darlin, it’s me.” His eyes were wide, almost in shock, but even after her attack his concern was for Ainsley, his wife. Recognition flickered through the overwhelming information stream, she felt as if her brain would burst.

“Corso?” She looked from her face, to her pistols, to Akaavi’s motionless body, she dropped her blasters and fled into the moonless night.

She looked up into the sky and suppressed a shiver, the stars were out in force tonight, they twinkled in the black winking at her calmly, there was a dark moon tonight, fitting, for what she had done, or almost did. She leaned against the gnarled tree, Mitka’s tree, she was too old for this, to change back to what she was. She had been Ainsley Isiz far longer than the original, so much so that she didn’t know if she could do what was necessary, or even justify if it was necessary.

“There is no other, you are the final Hunter, the DNA needed to grow another is available, but will take many years to both grow and train to optimal levels. As such, you are required.” The deep female voice spoke in her head.

“Thank you SCORPIO, I’ll contact you once I’ve made contact with your agent, now kindly get out of my head.” Ainsley said stiffly.

“As you wish Hunter.”As quickly as she had entered, the electronic presence was gone. Ainsley put her head in her hands.

She heard him approach, his boots crunching the frost dipped grass blades, for a moment they just stared at each other, Ainsley’s brow furrowed at the sight of the angry gash on her husband’s forehead. He pulled her into his arms and she leaned her head on his shoulder.

“I’m sorry.” She whispered into his jacket.

“What happened to you Ainsley?” He pulled her back and searched her face.

“How’s Akaavi?”

“She’ll wake up with a headache, but she’s alright. Sweetheart, what happened.”

Against her training, which dictated that she sever ties and leave no loose ends, training which demanded Corso’s life, she instead told him everything. If the Star Cabal was being reborn, it would be to its original purpose, not the corrupt, power hungry stale organization it was when her sister served as Hunter. That meant, so far as Ainsley was concerned, not killing her husband and her best friend. They talked through the night under the ancient gnarled tree, and watched the sun come up over the enclave ruins, one by one the stars winked out, and the sun’s rays warmed them, she snuggled closer into her husband. He had listened quietly, careful not to interrupt her, after a time they stood up and headed back to the ranch.

“So you and Skavak eh?”

“Yeah.” It was an old wound, made fresh, remembering her first love, and the way he died.

“You shot him.”

“He was going to go rogue, expose the Cabal, I couldn’t let that happen.”

“I’m sorry it had to end that way, must have been hard on you, especially with all the partying we did after.”

“I mourned him in my own way. I fell in love again, he wanted me to be happy, said you were a good egg, and that I should give you a shot.” The memory of their last conversation was vivid in her mind.

“Skavak said that? I may have misjudged the guy.”

“That was the point Corso.” She put a hand on his arm, Corso nodded, and then his face got serious.

“So, is this why Risha's dead?”

Ainsley only nodded, she had been angry with her for sleeping with her son, beyond angry, but to die the way she did. She understood why it had happened, the Drayens were probably the most corrupt family in the Star Cabal, and that was saying something.

“What about Cohen?”

Even as she spoke the words she was pulling up the kill order that had been streamed to her, she deleted it, “No one’s going to kill our son.”

Dantooine

H:Why are you staring at your computer yelling?

Me:OMG you have no idea what just happened!

H:What?

Me: *realizes explaining would be really hard* Nevermind.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.

Me: evil giggle

agree with Kabeone, especialy the spoiler

Warning, this one is dark.

The Emperor’s Fortress

Ardyth strode through the corridors with purpose, her boots echoing all around her, the lesser sith lords and Imperial guard gave way and bowed as she passed, she paid them no mind, head high, eyes forward. In all her years as Emperors Wrath her orders had been relayed to her through the hand, the only time she had conversed directly with the voice had been on Voss, and she had killed him, on his orders of course. It had been another life time; she had been so sure of herself, and blindly in love, full of hopes and dreams for the future with her military man. Her father had vehemently opposed the match, but it was too late, they were married, and with the interest of the Emperor himself on her, Lord Kaervrek had been unable to undo his daughter’s actions. She walked faster, old anger propelling her forward. She would kill Quinn herself; she would savor every moment, as he watched his precious daughters die, only then would she end his miserable existence. Malavai Quinn had finally ceased being useful and the thought filled her with perverse joy. Her hands caressed the twin lightsabers at her belt, she smiled coldly.

When she entered the throne room, she was bombarded with an old power, it stifled the air, and invaded her being, she had not felt this on Voss, her Emperor had grown strong, she found that there was fear in her heart, and the Emperor’s will tugged at it, making it undeniable. Ardyth knelt in the center of the room, bowing her head, feeling her fear grip her, it was wild and unshakable, but she controlled her body, she did not shake in her skin or release her bowels the way her instincts cried out to. Her heart hammered in her chest as she felt him on her, like a million spiders on her skin, crawling every which way, into her ears and mouth, into her nose and bowels, into her sex. Ardyth felt a wave of nausea as her Lord and Emperor violated her body and mind, she endured as he tested and toyed with his most powerful weapon, his Wrath, his Will embodied.

The Emperor remembered how she had enjoyed killing him, she had not made it fast and painless, the memory of her dark smile, of her ambition as she choked the life out of his former weak Voss form drove him to further his punishment. He was no longer weak, he was power, he was all encompassing, and she would not dare to rise against him, to presume him helpless. He drove his will onto her again, until he saw tears, until she was driven to her hands, until she was unmade and pathetic, until Lord Ardyth understood that she was a slave like all others, a privileged slave, an honored slave, but a slave no less. Only when he felt she had been sufficiently cowed did he withdraw from her.

“Wrath, I call you here today to do you honor. Tell me, do you know the name Lord Scourge?” His dark voice rolled through the room, commanding, insistent.

It took a moment for Ardyth to get her mind to start working again, to move past what just happened, “My Lord, he was your first Wrath.”

“My first and only until I named you.” She had questions, but did not ask them. “Centuries ago, I bestowed on him a mighty gift to reward his loyalty. As the centuries wore on, I began to suspect him, question his loyalty, he has proven false, and I would have you hunt him.”

“As you will my Lord.” Ardyth’s voice was a shadow of itself.

“First, I would bestow the same gift on you. Immortality, you will be my Wrath for as long as I draw breath, you will be my weapon, sharp and deadly, my foes shall fall by your hand and know fear.”

Ardyth felt his presence on her again, it was different this time, she felt as if her heart was being pulled out of her chest. Then the pain came, and she could not hold back, she screamed as she felt her essence ripped from her being, as everything faded from view, but death did not come, there was no release only pressing insistent pain as her body was not allowed to die. When her eyes finally opened she saw, but there was no colour, no scent, she could feel the power, but could not sense the emotions that drove it, she was a shell, filled with will, and throbbing pain. She looked at her hands gripping the cold floor, dark grey, although a moment ago they were a brilliant scarlet. She should feel upset, sad, angry, or fearful, but she didn't, only his will.

“Rise my Wrath, and embrace your power, bring me the head of the betrayer.”

Ardyth rose, testing her muscles, they strained and fought her but will propelled her. “It will be done.” She bowed to her Lord and Master turned and left the throne room.

The emperor watched her leave, she would serve well, he had ensured that from that day forward, whenever Ardyth tried to remember what emotion felt like, she would only remember fear. Lord Scourge had clung to anger and vengeance, and had acted on it finally. From far away, he felt his former Wrath, felt the pain Scourge endured as the Emperor withdrew his gift. The Emperor ‘s voice leaned back in the throne closing his eyes, somewhere the true form smiled

Edited by Earthmama

Warning, this one is dark.

The Emperor’s Fortress

The Emperor ‘s voice leaned back in the throne closing his eyes, somewhere the true form smiled

Chills.... I have them. Dark yes... like delicious dark chocolate.

Belsavis

Kianna turned Executor Krannus’ body over with her boot and her bright blue lightsaber went dark, the threat gone, the planet more or less secure, with help from the Republic. Kianna stared down at the dead pureblood, almost sorry for have given him the death he had craved. The air around her was still electric, she was restless and checked the map against the coordinated from the hidden chip. Not far, perhaps half a day’s ride. She commed the ship and Rusk answered.

“The jobs done, I’m just going to take a few hours to wrap up a loose end, I’ll be back by 1100, don’t wait up.”

“Yes sir, good hunting.” Rusk answered crisply, slowly, very slowly the rest of the crew had started to relax around her, Kira had started joining her for a pot of tea in the afternoons they were stuck on the ship, chatting idly about music and other common interests, their friendship unthawing although they still didn’t talk about Kira and Docs relationship. Rusk had resumed talking tactics and security to her, Doc had even made a joke, although he was still the most distant. No one except for Scourge spoke of their time at the Emperor’s fortress, Kianna was starting to get flashbacks, mostly dreams and nightmares, mostly forgotten when she woke except for a dark feeling in her heart.

The comm cut out and when she looked up she was met with the disapproving eyes of her companion. Lord Scourge had his arms crossed over his chest, he had abandoned his Sith armor in favor of Jedi robes and armor, unless he lowered his hood to reveal his face, most people paid him no mind. The only people who gave pause were other Jedi who sensed the overwhelming power and dark side energy that emanated from him. It was easier and quicker this way , instead of stopping and explaining the alliance every time.

“This is a waste of time, we have more pressing concerns.”

“You’re welcome to go back to the ship. I can do this myself.” She walked past him, making her way out of the vault. Scourge followed despite his protests.

When they reached the exit it had started to snow, it was light and melted as soon as it hit the ground. Not three kilometers away great big flowers bloomed beside a volcanic river. Kianna had never seen such a planet, and she was entranced by its odd beauty, both harsh and cold and warm and fragrant. It found harmony in its opposites, she mounted her speeder and Scourge did the same.

“I’m serious, if you think this is a fools errand, then go back to the ship, I’m in no mood for your disapproving scowls.” She lowered her visor over her eyes.

“And what happens if you encounter another pocket of Esh-ka?” Scourge straddled his own speeder.

“Well then, my Lord, I will kill them.” Lord Scourge looked skeptically at Kianna, then to her ripped robe with more than a few blaster holes in it.

“I’m sure.”He lowered his own visor over his eyes, then nodded his head, indicating he was ready to follow.

The speeders needed to be abandoned, there were no Esh-ka, but the wilds had reclaimed the area and they were thick with ancient wildlife. Looking from her map to the area in front of her she pointed to the massive enclosure surrounded by a veritable moat of lava, with only a small rock bridge leading to the door.

“There, whatever Shiloh left me, it’s in there.” Scourge nodded and scanned the area, he spied one very large spiked beast not far from the bridge, it was as big as a mature rancor, Scourge could feel its innate connection to the dark side, he thought it was a magnificent beast and watched as it lumbered to the rock wall, leaned up against it and rubbed it’s large spiked and scaly back. The beast was ancient, with wild but intelligent eyes, it was also old, older then he was, Scourge let himself smile as he watched it.

“Can you feel it?” He asked the Jedi at his side.

“It’s old, it has a more then rudimentary connection to the force, to the dark side even.”

“I have encountered other animals with faint dark side connections, the Tukata on Korriban, the Gundarks on Drummond Kaas, the K’lor slugs that infest the ancient tombs. I have never sensed a beast with so much force connection before, it is a powerful and ancient creature, we should not disturb it.” Kianna looked up at the Sith beside her, she had never seen him like this, almost excited.

He was smiling, and it had an effect on his entire demeanor and face, Kianna noted how his red eyes crinkled and shone, how his full lips spread pleasingly over his white teeth, feral, wild in his own way, much like the ancient beast they were watching. She wondered what it might be like to kiss his lips, if they were soft? Scourge finally turned to face her, his red eyes commanded her attention.

“Mind yourself Jedi. I can sense desire as much as I can sense fear.”

“Desire?” Scourge took a step forward, into her personal space making a point; he lowered his face to hers, not touching it.

“Yes, desire, you reek of it.” His breath landed on her cheek, the natural heat of his body daring her to touch, “There is nothing I can offer you Jedi, so put it out of your mind.” He took a step back.

Kianna blushed, there was no use denying it, the problem was that now that he had mentioned it, it was difficult to put out of her mind.

“We can skirt around the rock outcropping and stay upwind of the beast, giving it a wide berth. I have no wish to anger it.” The imposing Sith lord followed her hand as she pointed out the path, then nodded his approval.

“Very well.”

They quietly walked along the chosen path, careful not to disturb any of the smaller rocks, the great beast grunted, and sat on its hindquarters. They reached the final outcropping of rocks, on one side was a deep chasm with fast flowing lava, the other side was the narrow rock bridge that led to their prize. Behind her Kianna heard Scourge grunt, when she looked behind her he was on one knee, clutching his chest.

She dared not speak, they were too close to the ancient beast, instead, she went to his side and put one of his arms around her shoulder, supporting him, urging him forward and out of danger. She could feel him shaking; his skin was slick with sweat. One foot in front of the other, his steps became sluggish, he kicked a rock, it skittered across the hard ground, the beast stopped what it was doing. Scourges breath was ragged when they started crossing the narrow bridge. One more step, he tripped, Kianna held him and controlled the fall, he hit the ground with moan, with the help of the force Kianna pulled him the rest of the way across. Scourge held his chest, and cried out again louder. They had the beasts attention now, it growled lowly to them, warning them to leave its lair. Scourge fought against whatever it was that was hurting him, fighting the indignity of vocalizing his pain, but soon enough it became too great, and he cried out with a guttural howl, writhing as if trying to escape his own skin. The beast beat its chest and charged.

Kianna looked from her fallen ally, teacher, friend, to the ancient predator and ignited her lightsaber, running back across the bridge and vaulting over the beast. Pulling its attention away from Scourge who continued to cry out in an inhuman voice, she focused on the beast who moved quickly despite its size. She stood her ground and used the force, making herself imposing, the beast snorted, its eyes angry, intelligent and calculating. It roared at her and swiped with a giant hand, Kianna side stepped and opened the beasts thick forearm with her light saber.

She grit her teeth, not daring to look away, Scourges torture continued unabated, the beast charged again, jumping at her, shaking the ground, Kianna jumped back as it landed and noticed great big chunk of the bridge falling into the lava below. She stopped it mid fall and hurled it at the creature with the force, it roared again, shaking its head, charging again. She lept backwards, landing on the bridge, it shook underneath her, the beast took a tentative step forward, Kianna could feel the bridge buckle under the weight. She waited for it to come, until she saw fissures form around where she stood, she gathered her power to her, it swirled around her, singing in her ear, she felt the ground give way beneath her and the beast, and released the gathered force energy, force pushing the beast away, but also letting it push her. The bridge fell apart as beast and Jedi flew in opposing directions.

Kianna hit the wall of the building with a thud, the breath escaped her, she heard a crack then slid down. The beast roared on the other end of the fissure, angry that its prey had escaped, it stepped forward but stepped back again as the ground beneath it slid away. She got up, only to stumble again, Scourge had stopped screaming, and moving, she pulled herself to his side, feeling for a pulse. It was there but faint. His chest was barely moving with his breath, his eyes were closed. The door in front of her slid open, she dragged them both inside using a combination of spent muscles and sheer will.

“Don’t die.” She rasped, as she pulled the heavy armor off of him. She ripped her gloves off, and placed her hands on his chest, then abdomen, there was no physical evidence of his ordeal, she bent her head and listened to the light beating of his heart, reassuring her he was still alive.

“I need an evac and a medic, Doc, Scourge is down, I don’t know how, or why, but he has a faint pulse, and his breathing is really shallow. I need you here.” Kianna called into her comm. “I’m sending coordinates.”

Docs blue figure gave her a quick once over, “Kianna, are you hurt?”

“I think I broke something, please, hurry, I’ll be ok, he’s fading, I don’t know what to do.”

“We’re on our way, stay calm and stay put, eta twenty minutes.”

The comm clicked shut and Kianna finally looked away from Scourge to take in her surroundings, it was dark except for the lights being put off by stasis chambers, each one of them had a person in them, but the dull flat red line indicated that they the inhabitants were dead. There had been a fight here at some point, blaster scoring marked the walls, most of the consoles were dark and beyond repair. In the middle of the room was a stand, on the stand was a simple data cube. That must have been what Shiloh wanted Kianna to have, nothing else in the large chamber made sense. She tried standing again, but pain lanced through her sides and down her leg, she winced in pain, maybe she had broken more than one thing. She half crawled half dragged herself to the pedestal, when she couldn’t reach the cube from her vantage point she knocked it over. The cube fell and went skittering across the floor stopping at a boot under long Jedi robes. Kira bent down and picked it up, Kianna looked at her, then to Doc and Rusk.

“Is this what your sister left you?”Kira asked turning the cube over in her hands, Doc was already beside her, applying Kolto.

“I think so, Doc, I can wait, Scourge, he’s right there, go.” The medic gave her a stern look but went to the unconscious Sith’s side.

“Rusk bring me the gurney, I need to get him to the med bay, Kira can you help Kianna back to the ship?”

Relying heavily on Kira they slowly made their way to the roof of the building where the ship was waiting, T7 whirred and beeped when he saw his Jedi hurt. Kira looked out to where the beast was still pacing around the moat of lava.

“Did you fight that thing?” Kianna nodded grimly, glad the ancient beast was alive.

Kianna forced herself to stay awake, she sat on the second cot in the med bay, watching Doc work, taking blood samples and administering oxygen to Scourge who still hadn’t stirred. Finally he turned around facing Kianna.

“He’s stable, there’s nothing else I can do for him right now, my initial assessment is telling me he had a massive heart attack.” Kianna shook her head, it had been so much more than that, the memory of his anguish was so fresh. “There might be some sort of Force hokum at work but physically, the only thing I can see that was hit hard was his heart. I need you to get into the Kolto tank gorgeous, you have a shattered hip and some broken ribs.”

Kianna startled when Doc used his favorite endearment on her. “Doc, I’m sorry, it’s my fault we were there, I didn’t mean for all this to happen.”

“Shh I know, I know.” He plunged the sedative deep into her vein.

“Don’t let him die….I’m sorry.” Her eyes fluttered then shut. Doc could only look at her, Kira stood beside him and grasped his hand.

“Can you forgive her now?” Kira asked him softly.

Doc nodded, picking up the sleeping Chiss, he looked at the face he had started to fall in love with once and wondered what if. He put her in the Kolto tank. Once she was submerged and Doc got the vital readings he wanted from the tank, he grabbed Kira’s hand and guided her out of the room.

“I forgive her sweetheart, come on, let’s go to bed.”

Edited by Earthmama

Finally got my account working again, so I can at last respond here. I am really liking your story, Earthmama. I have it bookmarked, actually.

Of all I've read, theres a few things that really stick out for me. One is that Ardyth really needs to die. The second is the pure cackling glee I had when I realized she was too much of a narcissistic, bullying, cowardly adult child (AKA: a standard sith) to face Mitka herself. I seriously laughed out loud when she hired Ava and her crew to take Mitka on rather than "prove her strength" and do it herself.

Finally, the moment of dread when Ava took that contract. Because really, if one takes a look at things, getting on the bad side of one of the galaxy's top military outfits should rate pretty high on a mercenary's list of Things Not To Do. Good as any merc may be, they're a small crew, with great personal resources taking on a military industrial complex, and in this case, it's top SF arm. Bad Things happen to mercs that make that mistake, and I really hope Ava catches on fast to just what meat grinder she agreed to throw herself into. It's like *********** off Imperial Intelligence or Republic SIS. One does not idly mess with organizations that can rub someone out with the same exertion it takes to crush an ant or eat a morning cracker.

Anyway, I look forward to more.

Edited by Serris_Kell

Finally got my account working again, so I can at last respond here. I am really liking your story, Earthmama. I have it bookmarked, actually.

Of all I've read, theres a few things that really stick out for me. One is that Ardyth really needs to die. The second is the pure cackling glee I had when I realized she was too much of a narcissistic, bullying, cowardly adult child (AKA: a standard sith) to face Mitka herself. I seriously laughed out loud when she hired Ava and her crew to take Mitka on rather than "prove her strength" and do it herself.

Secondly, the moment of dread when Ava took that contract. Because really, if one takes a look at things, getting on the bad side of one of the galaxy's top military outfits should rate pretty high on a mercenary's list of Things Not To Do. Good as any merc may be, they're a small crew, with great personal resources taking on a military industrial complex, and in this case, it's top SF arm. Bad Things happen to mercs that make that mistake, and I really hope Ava catches on fast to just what meat grinder she agreed to throw herself into. It's like *********** off Imperial Intelligence or Republic SIS. One does not idly mess with organizations that can rub someone out with the same exertion it takes to crush an ant or eat a morning cracker.

Anyway, I look forward to more.

Thank you so much for reading Serris! I'm so happy you're enjoying it! Without giving anything away, I'll just say that Ava is a smart kid, with zero desire to throw her or her crews lives away, no matter how much the Mando in her wants to hunt Mitka. She'll figure it out, just keep reading! ;)

I agree with Serris_Kell Ardyth is coward not face Mitka herself.

It good Doc forgive Kianna (Casue really he and kira being a dick to her). I mean I know Kianna try to kill or something but she wasn't herself and Doc did love her he would understand. But go and jump arm of woman what a dick (Just kiddly I know Doc would this in game jumping into another woman arm It wouldn't be Doc).

Beside all that is good story.:D

What I'm really, really hoping for is for one of the saner members of the BH crew...wait. Mako is the only sane one. Okay. What I'd love to see is Mako telling Ava just how insane taking Havoc Squad on really is. Especially if theres some hilarity involving her taking her Miralukan friend by both shoulders and talking slowly, telling her to ignore Torian and his Mano Pride just this once.. :p

And maybe kicking Skadge in the stones to shut him up, but I wish for that in every BH story.

Drummond Kaas

Rateah left the ruined house in the lower city, the home of a rumored cabal member, she was long dead, the decaying corpse had not yielded her secrets however the lead had proven fruitful. She flicked the holoimage back on and studied the young face staring back at her, all wit and charm and confidence, she knew him. Pierce, the Wraths husband, the corpse had been his mother.

“Temple, look up James Arenson Pierce and cross reference his crimes against other known Star Cabal incidents.” Teah ordered the older Intelligence operative over the secured frequency, “and could you please have Lord Willsaam join me at her former master’s estate. I have need of her unique skills.”

“Yes my Lord.”

The two Sith met at the gate, Jeasa Willsaam was seething for having being summoned, like most Sith, she did not take kindly to being ordered around. Kaervrek must have compelled her. Teah smiled, black lips slightly parted as she imagined the exchange, Jeasa had once been his favorite, only to have been replaced by a Rattataki, who by Imperial standards were hideous, and a former slave at that, it was insulting. Rateah had not assuaged the other Sith’s insecurity by assuring her that the old man had many appetites and had already moved on to the next young up and comer. Jealousy roiled off of the human, she had grown large over the years from refusing to exercise restraint when it came to food, her garish purple and magenta make up made her look older then her thirty five years, she had become a caricature of herself. Men no longer flocked to her as they once did, but her desires had not abated, she was a joke among the Sith and the nobility, she now bought her men, either as slaves or as prostitutes.

“What is the meaning of this?” her voice was shrill, her pretended Imperial accent jarring.

“My Lord Willsaam, this won’t take long, I just need you to read the subject of my interrogation, and tell me if he speaks false.” Teah bowed, but could not erase the mocking look from her eyes, despite herself. Jeasa did not seem to notice. “I must simply speak with Captain Pierce, and then you can be on your way.”

Jeasa smiled darkly at that, in the years after Ardyth had been named Wrath, she had tried to bed Pierce on many occasions, she never succeeded. The older man rejecting her out of hand, the perceived slight had never really gone away, Jaesa harbored grudges the same way she horded pastries and men.

Pierce received them with little fanfare, which caused Jaesa to bristle, adding to her list of insults Pierce had committed against her.

“Ladies, I’m afraid both Ardyth and Marek are away on business and I have no time to host you.” His grey eyes glanced up from his datapad, the top buttons of his collared shirt undone. Still imposing, still handsome Rateah thought.

“As it would happen we’re here to see you Captain.” Rateah flicked on the holoimage she had retrieved from the dilapidated home, then placed it on his desk. “How is your mother Pierce?”

Pierce put the datapad down, his lip curled and there was venom in his eyes. He looked from the waif like alien to Jaesa who gave him a smug grin, they would know if he was lying.

“She’s dead.”

“Yes I saw her, quit dead. Did you happen to see her before she died?” Rateah spoke conversationally. She could feel anger bordering on rage from him.

“I did.”

Rateah picked up one of the many datapads, noted troop deployments on contested planets. Was he a member of the Star Cabal, even now? Was he trying to subvert the Empire? Her pale grey eyes caught his, he was a plain and direct man, he had always ignored her, a good Imperial, hated aliens, but still he had always left her well enough alone.

“What do you know of the Star Cabal James?”

There it was, his nostrils flared, he would have liked to shoot her, for simply calling him by his first name.

“Nothing, I don’t know anything, she died before she could explain herself.” He literally growled the words to her. Rateah looked over to Jaesa and arched an eyebrow.

“I sense no deception. Although.” The older womans forehead creased. “He’s hiding something.”

“What are you hiding James?” She steadied her gave on him, she could see the veins in his neck, a large one in his forehead, his jaw muscles clenched and unclenched.

“She gave me a heavily encrypted datacube.”

Rateah smiled then, a large toothy grin which only intensified his anger. “Captain, Sith Intelligence has need of that Datacube, if you would be so kind as to give it to me, and we will trouble you no longer.” Rateah’s voice was sweet as honey. Pierce answered her sweetness with a triumphant sneer.

“Don’t have it anymore. Couldn’t tell you were it is actually, so why don’t you and Lord desperate be on your way.”

When the two women left the estate Rateah commed Marek, with any luck he would still be at the Spaceport. Pierce was alive, barely, being tended by the estates medical droid, he would have a number of fresh electrical burns to explain to his wife when she returned. The sent the new information to Temple as she waited for Marek to answer the comm, she would start tracking little Oriah’s credit trail.

“Rateah! I was just about to leave, what can I do for you?” Marek answered friendly, slightly excited, his suppressed desire for her never failed to amuse her. If he lead her to her quarry, she might have to reward him.

“Room for one more on that ship?” she questioned coyly, knowing he would not be able to resist being alone with her. As if on cue his pupils dilated and he nodded his head.

“For you always.” He answered.

“Wonderful, I’ll be there within the hour.” Teah smiled brilliantly for him then cut the call off. To her surprise Jaesa was standing across from her looking jealous, and pouting, which was ridiculous.

“So what happens now alien? What is this Star Cabal?” The older woman had crossed her arms over her generous chest.

Teah had debated on the walk out of the estate on the garishly made up Sith’s uses verses the knowledge she now had, and while sensing truths was helpful. Rateah ignited her double sided lightsaber and cut open Jaesa Willsaams gut. Jaesa immediately tried to hold her intestines in her body, with a look of utter surprise on her purple and magenta face.

“What happens now, is that you die.” Reteah walked over to the woman who was slowly bleeding out, desperate to keep her major organs from escaping her body, and pushed her down the steep ravine that opened up into the wild Drummond Kaas forest. Teah hopped into the waiting speeder and disappeared into the rain.

Temple tracked Oriah Quinn’s credits, the tiny blip indicated where she had been, and where she was going, although the girl had been smart enough to ditch her families money once she reached Nar Shaddaa. There was a second tracker, almost imperceptible, but it had been following Oriah as well. Temple widened the search parameters, there was a second, then a third, and finally faintest of all a fourth, all with the same tracking signature. After the new information Rateah had provided, Temple was sure these were tracking signatures for the broken black codex.

Temple fell forward, triumphant smile still plastered to her face, a deep gash severing her spin opened her back, she had died instantly. A claw that turned into a hand wiped the console of all information. Dr. Lokin looked down at his onetime comrade with an impassive expression, intelligence work required more than blind obedience; he had tried to warn her. He shrugged his shirt back on and left, he pulled out his datapad, and tapped the final death order, terminated flashed on the screen. He strode out of Sith Intelligence, as if he belonged there, despite his age, and he admitted he was getting rather old, he was rounding on his 75th birthday. The animal inside him kept him young; he glanced back down at the datapad and smiled, on to Dantooine.