reverse engineering chance is annoying

timothymusgrave

can you set the chance of getting a new schematic to 100%, because I've reverse engineered the same item 20 times now and still have not got the improved version of it. I have made a previous enquire about this on how it can be improved but I'd rather it just be set to 100% because it's just getting to annoying that have spend loads of time a credits wasted on failing on getting a new schematic.

Can you please do this as soon as possible

Why??

Why should everything be automatic??

You have a chance at getting a new schematic.. You shouldn't automatically get one..

Sorry.. I can't support your idea..

this was due to a recent annoyance after 20 failed attempts which I think is just ridiculous

this was due to a recent annoyance after 20 failed attempts which I think is just ridiculous

if you had gotten 20 in a row, would you have come here telling them to turn it down a notch? of course not. it is a random chance each time. sucks that you have tried so many times, but it happens.

bw, please leave it be.

• 1 year later...

I don't want it to be 100%, but I have said many times that the percentage should increase each time you try and fail to gain a new schematic. Maybe raise each attempt by 1% until it hits 99% or something like that. If you are successful, then set it back to base. If I am reverse engineering something multiple times, I would think I would learn more about the item each time. That would be more fair.

I have also always hated that you don't know if you can even reverse engineer something at all until after you make it! This information should be in the tooltip when you craft.

I agree with above through trial and error the RE chance should increase from the base 10/20% 10% each time for each failed attempt on that particular item up to say a max 90%. Lets make crafting a little more worthwhile and less of a timecunsuming grind. :cool:

The the prices of items would go down right after implementation. Why not ask to increase drop chance of legendary items for each time you kill same NPC? You have 20% chance to discover new schematic each time you RE - that is fine by all means. Edited by NavaroSWG

This is a slippery slope for sure. I like the idea of gradually improving the chance by a small amount, but I think that bonus should also be limited. Maybe increase by 1% up to a max of 30 or 35%.

My concern is that it will make endgame ops gear that much easier to buy for the people who have never set foot in an operation. People already buy 31's just so they can get a 20% chance to learn the schematic. It's a huge money pit, but when the gamble pays off, it begins to break the market (and the game). It is also one of the few avenues for crafting to still be lucrative.

The rarity of the materials helps to keeps this in check, but GTN speculators can also easily make millions in a week just flipping these mats and mods.

We already have a couple people regularly spamming messages like this:

"crafting all 31 hilts and barrels, your rare mats + no tip"

If the odds improve too much, even these guys will be put out of business.

This is a slippery slope for sure. I like the idea of gradually improving the chance by a small amount, but I think that bonus should also be limited. Maybe increase by 1% up to a max of 30 or 35%.

My concern is that it will make endgame ops gear that much easier to buy for the people who have never set foot in an operation. People already buy 31's just so they can get a 20% chance to learn the schematic. It's a huge money pit, but when the gamble pays off, it begins to break the market (and the game). It is also one of the few avenues for crafting to still be lucrative.

The rarity of the materials helps to keeps this in check, but GTN speculators can also easily make millions in a week just flipping these mats and mods.

We already have a couple people regularly spamming messages like this:

"crafting all 31 hilts and barrels, your rare mats + no tip"

If the odds improve too much, even these guys will be put out of business.

I think there should be increases for each failed attempt up to certain point for any partuclar item, his will certainly benefit at crafters at lower levels, I say 10% increments (1% percent a bit pointless) on each fail on any particular item up to say a max 60% chance would be decent compromise (May be my 90% max I mentioned first a bit high).

What they should do then to balance that is re-set the RE chance back to the base value the next time you try and Re the same thing. I think that woudl help crafters a little without like you say without damaging the Market too much.

:cool:

The best solution is to have the percentage chance mount up after every failed attempt, if the first attempt is 20%, the next would be 40% and so on, when it succeeds, it resets back to its original chance...that would make 20 attempts completely avoidable.

That's the best solution and it should even lower the freaking costs of the items crafted, but knowing greedy crafters it probably won't make a difference in prices. lol

It took me 257 tries before I got my schematic for my reusable nano-infused resolve stim.

The Bastion / Jedi Covenant

Rellik / Syck'syyde

Jenna'syyde / Rázakel

• 1 month later...
I agree with above through trial and error the RE chance should increase from the base 10/20% 10% each time for each failed attempt on that particular item up to say a max 90%. Lets make crafting a little more worthwhile and less of a timecunsuming grind. :cool:

I agree. I just finished Re'ing 25, count 'em 25, skill armoring 28 mods. No joy. Just blew 25 otherwise sellable items for nothing

Sucks

I am sorry you feel it is ridiculous.. What you need to understand is that each time you RE something, your odds do not change.. One roll does not effect another..

There is no limit to how many times you can roll.. You will never get one automatically.. Some times you win, and some times you lose.. Welcome to the reality of percentages.. Especially when they aren't stacked in your favor.. :)

I think the odds should go up after every attempt. 10% is a nice round number for this, until eventually it hits 100% chance. That would be fair and you wouldn't have to attempt an obscene amount of times before you get it.

Also I know it will hurt the market, but the item's will still be sellable. You will just have to lower your price, meaning you'll just have to sell more of them. Everyone won't be able to make artifact quality items because not everyone is going to reverse engineer that far.

I don't want it to be 100%, but I have said many times that the percentage should increase each time you try and fail to gain a new schematic. Maybe raise each attempt by 1% until it hits 99% or something like that. If you are successful, then set it back to base. If I am reverse engineering something multiple times, I would think I would learn more about the item each time. That would be more fair.

I have also always hated that you don't know if you can even reverse engineer something at all until after you make it! This information should be in the tooltip when you craft.

Would also like to see a ratio of like X/14 for the purples for instance so I know how many more times I need to be able to RE to complete it out.