biochem adrenals are pointless? (numbers inside)

neuroid

For a healer Surge is what you want. I use those on my Sorc and Sage and the healing difference is there. Sometimes I'll use the Power adrenal which also increases your heals. It may seem small, but every little heal you can eke out over a 5 minute boss fight helps.

I normally pop my adrenals a few moments into a fight if not right away and half way thru the fight. It depends on the boss really and whether I notice the tank taking a lot of damage at the start of a fight.

On my Tanks...those adrenals make ALL THE DIFFERENCE! And they help the healer so he/she does not have to struggle with heals. For my Tanks I go with the Absorb or Armor increase adrenals.

And my DPS I rarely use em but I will for some boss fights where a lot of DPS is needed. Again it'll be Surge or Power.

All of that is in addition to the relics I use as well. Overall, you should be using adrenals. Early on for lowbie fights it may not matter as much, but for end game raiding, some guilds will not let you raid without them. Especially boss fights where every little bit of DPS/Heals helps.

Because usually the person that necro's a thread replies to something that has been fixed, or doesn't matter any more.

This.

There was a major game changing event that happened between the last post and the necro post such that what was being "replied" to is no longer a valid assumption. One may as well be making comments about a different game entirely. It can bring in erronious information in regards to to current game mechanics and confuse new (or returning) players that are looking for advice -- like me.