Dividers in Voidstar .... huge "not fun" factor.

Zepath

I've came back recently and split wall is a welcome change. Voidstar is terrible warzone as it was. Walls just create more means for defense team to fail. Like 5 people protecting the doors from one mara/sent who popped his cooldowns are now punished severely for their stupidity :rolleyes: I like it! Adds some actual tactics and not AOE/heal fest.

It's not that big of a deal anyway. It's really easy to get to the other side...

Look at your map more often and think where you are needed the most.

Edited by MelodicSixNine

I kinda like the dividers, actually. We still hold people at the first set of doors most of the time, especially in ranked matches. The nice thing about the divider is that the other team can't have a ranged class (like a sorc) hovering between doors interrupting any and all possible bomb plants.

The actual annoyances on voidstar that need to be changed are the random winners in tie games and getting screwed on commendations because of a "close game" that wasn't close at all (ie: defend first and hold at first doors, and then plant in first 30 seconds of attack phase, only to get 80 commendations for the win).

As others have said, even with the change draws are still perfectly possible (ideal defensive setup: 1 Sawbones & 1 Shadow Tank on each side at all times) but the slower redeploy between sides makes it much more likely that the game will have a winner. You can even still redeploy between the two sides pretty quickly once you've dropped down - it takes a similar length of time to deploying from west to east in Civil War. If your healer+tank can't hold off the enemy for that long you have issues (or it's bad pug, in which case you'd probably have lost the first door anyway.)

One other point I'd like to comment on is the idea that the last doors are the hardest to defend. I think that isn't true but I can understand why it feels like that. The key is that the second doors are the easiest to defend (assuming they don't manage to stall you and ninja them quickly) and so if your team aren't able to hold them then you are very outclassed and so will rarely be able to hold the slightly harder to defend 3rd doors. This means that it feels like you can never defend the last doors, but actually it is just that if the other team get to the third doors they have a stronger attack than your defense.

I am not fond of the game ending early when the opposite team (or my team) gets the door "earlier" or whatever the ******** is. VS was the first warzone I played after 1.3 dropped and I instantly *********** hated it after that. It used to be fun, being able to go all the way to the end no matter who got to which door first. Now it's just lame.

I like Voidstar a lot more now, though it is a little odd that it's easier to hold the second set of doors now than the first. Though, I suppose it doesn't matter, because when people lose the first door, they either quit the warzone or deathmatch in the first room while the next doors are planted on, lol.