DPS MERCS and SORC GO AWAY

HaLeX

Lets see....

Your reaction on a request to say something specific.

So, mr. Grand Champion of all games, back up at least 1 of your statements with something but your opinion, and we will move on.

That was regarding my personal gaming style and preference. Not game balance issue.

If you raise a game balance issue you need to point it out.

Edited by Dmasterr

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That was regarding my personal gaming style. Not game balance issue.

If you raise a game balance issue you need to point it out.

That was game ballance issue. And you know that. You were balming evebody that they suck and Conealment Ops are absolutley fine. How it is not a ballnce issue?

In recently came back into the game, and play mostly a commando healer.

From my experience, in non rated WZ, the sage and commandos DPS I see are usually far from the less useful player in the field. Maybe because the ones remaining have, in average, more experience and are more dedicated to make their class shine despite what people think about class balance.

That was game ballance issue. And you know that. You were balming evebody that they suck and Conealment Ops are absolutley fine. How it is not a ballnce issue?

Not everybody, there are other good dps scoundrels/operatives; i am just the! best.

MY rating, win/loss and being in the rank 1 team in Europe, is proof enough.

If they buff concealment operatives, so that average players do better.... what do you think it means for me? hello? godlike status?

You are "lucky" i do not enjoy playing powerful classes, that people can blame class balance when they lose to me.

Otherwise i would use my "status" to call for class buffs and reinforce your whines. You are lucky, i care about fairness and i am not biased.

Edited by Dmasterr

Not everybody, there are other good dps scoundrels/operatives; i am just the! best.

If they buff concealment operatives, so that average players do better.... what do you think it means for me? hello? godlike status?

You are "lucky" i do not enjoy playing powerful classes, that people can blame class balance when they lose to me.

Otherwise i would use my "status" to call for class buffs and reinforce your whines. You are lucky, i care about fairness and i am not biased.

Team is what makes difference. If you have strong team you can afford disadvantage, but only in enviroment of low competition.

By using your own logic, classes should be ballanced around best players. In top tire competition (against 2nd best team in Europe, or best team in the world) you wouldn't chose Consealment operative, because its weaker that others in its devision.

If above statement is true - stop disgrace yourself with childish BS.

If it is false - use arguments to prove that.

Edited by Maxkardinal

Team is what makes difference. If you have strong team you can afford disadvantage, but only in enviroment of low competition.

By using your own logic, classes should be ballanced around best players. In top tire competition (against 2nd best team in Europe, or best team in the world) you wouldn't chose Consealment operative, because its weaker that others in its devision.

If above statement is true - don't disgrace yourself with childish BS.

If it is false - use arguments to prove that.

Are you saying i am a disadvantage to my team? lol. Me being there as operative dps, make the team stronger than playing any other class. (god knows i have where to chose from)

Many game breaking moments that won us the game, and i was responsible for them.... and were unattainable for any other class. Every class has a role ,niche that can not be replaced by another class, and played properly makes the team stronger.

And no, classes should be balanced vs each other and game mechanics, leaving player input entirely out of the process. You can not have unquantifiable variables, such as player skill which is subjective, in the balancing equation.

Having a pro concealment operative in the team, is one of the things that gives us an edge over others, and led us to getting an undisputed rank 1.

Having concealment operative in the team, makes the team stronger not weaker.

Want me to keep replying to your posts and take you seriously? post a screenshot of your rating and win/loss ratio.

Highest rated team on server, and undefeated status when running our main team.

Frankly, all you're doing is hiding behind that team rating. Even if it's true, you aren't really contributing to the discussion. If someone does not understand something, explain. If someone does not believe, prove.

If you are as good as you claim, then your knowledge should be sufficient to dispel any doubts that anyone here may have.

Frankly, all you're doing is hiding behind that team rating. Even if it's true, you aren't really contributing to the discussion. If someone does not understand something, explain. If someone does not believe, prove.

If you are as good as you claim, then your knowledge should be sufficient to dispel any doubts that anyone here may have.

I already did that. But there is no prof in the world sufficient for "them".

Also, i am sorry but are you new to the forums? every time someone does that, explains and proves... etc. Basically it doesn't go the whiner op's way, they abandon the thread and start a new one.

Am i supposed to write a thesis every 10 minutes , for every whine thread that shows up?

The existence of high rated, successful players that play the same classes they whine about, should be proof enough.

The game mechanics are the same for everyone. Why some players CAN and other's CAN'T? it should be a rhetorical question, but "everybody" blames game balance.

They do not only have excuses for their fails but also for other ppls success even when their situation is identical.

i am just the! best.

Please tell us how you were able to copy your characters onto all the EU servers in order to get the top rating on each one. We'd really like to know.

Also, I know Whitney Houston called it "the greatest love of all," but even too much of a great thing is no good.

Please tell us how you were able to copy your characters onto all the EU servers in order to get the top rating on each one. We'd really like to know.

Also, I know Whitney Houston called it "the greatest love of all," but even too much of a great thing is no good.

Thankfully i do not have to do that, since everyone in Europe interested in PvP transferred to TOFN.

I already did that. But there is no prof in the world sufficient for "them".

Also, i am sorry but are you new to the forums? every time someone does that, explains and proves... etc. Basically it doesn't go the whiner op's way, they abandon the thread and start a new one.

Am i supposed to write a thesis every 10 minutes , for every whine thread that shows up?

The existence of high rated, successful players that play the same classes they whine about, should be proof enough.

The game mechanics are the same for everyone. Why some players CAN and other's CAN'T? it should be a rhetorical question, but "everybody" blames game balance.

They do not only have excuses for their fails but also for other ppls success even when their situation is identical.

That's what I'm talking about. You're basing your thesis on subjective perception and the preconception that it is absolutely objective. I do believe that you are right on several accounts (though I decisively disagree with others), but "I'm better than you and that means I'm right" isn't exactly a valid argument. There are plenty of factors that contribute to a high team rating - and broad knowledge of class balance isn't always a requirement.

If you are as good as you say, and you're posting in a whiner thread, then you pretty much take up the obligation to enlighten the less knowledgeable. Otherwise, it comes across as non-constructive, elitist dismissals which won't sway the minds of the people - it'll only aggravate them and provoke them to more whining and trolling.

Edited by Helig

Are you saying i am a disadvantage to my team? lol. Me being there as operative dps, make the team stronger than playing any other class. (god knows i have where to chose from)

Having concealment operative in the team, makes the team stronger not weaker.

Want me to keep replying to your posts and take you seriously? post a screenshot of your rating and win/loss ratio.

Thats what i wanted to see from the very begining.

You have answered my question.

And about screenshot... i don't compete in playing computer games.

P.s.

You are putting your meaning in other persons words, and your meaning is a priori negative. Its a problem.

Thankfully i do not have to do that, since everyone in Europe interested in PvP transferred to TOFN.

I had no idea that if you speak French or German, or don't like being ganked in the open world, that you aren't interested in pvp.

, but "I'm better than you and that means I'm right" isn't exactly a valid argument. .

The "i am better" simply means i have a more thorough understanding of the class, game mechanics, and pvp in general than the person i am better than.

And when we are not talking about an insignificant difference, but a massive one? yes it means i am right and he is wrong. As long as i am not purposely deceitful, and i have no reason to be.

P.s.

You are putting your meaning in other persons words, and your meaning is a priori negative. Its a problem.

Negative, positive attitude etc. is subjective and irrelevant to game mechanics, reality etc.

I have no interest in subjective things.

Edited by Dmasterr

I have a good feeling that because PvP in this game is so filled with Pyrotechs and Marauders, that when GW2 launches, many DPS Sages/Sorcerers will have seen enough and move on. Unfortunately.

Sadly, I am more than likely going to be one of those people.

The crying we saw from levels 1-49 ultimately got the DPS Sage nerfed. Today, my Sage isn't wanted in RWZ matches. They're easily killed and they just don't have enough 'umph' in their damage.

I guess if you play a high mitigation class, you get a ton of DPS to go with it.

If you play a class that can heal, you get crap damage.

It is what it is though ...

I have a good feeling that because PvP in this game is so filled with Pyrotechs and Marauders, that when GW2 launches, many DPS Sages/Sorcerers will have seen enough and move on. Unfortunately.

Sadly, I am more than likely going to be one of those people.

The crying we saw from levels 1-49 ultimately got the DPS Sage nerfed. Today, my Sage isn't wanted in RWZ matches. They're easily killed and they just don't have enough 'umph' in their damage.

I guess if you play a high mitigation class, you get a ton of DPS to go with it.

If you play a class that can heal, you get crap damage.

It is what it is though ...

It still doesn't stop the second best team on the server, sporting 3 sorcs in their main team. 1 full healer, and 2 dps sorcs.

Makes you put things in perspective as to WHY, your sage isn't wanted in rwz. huh.

From the republic side, I play a Commando. After 1.3 I went assault from gunnery. I hold my own just fine thank you. I'm always at or near the top in DPS (both rated and unrated) for my team and often against the other team. I'm not going to lie and say that Mercs and Commandos are great for PVP, but I will say that if you know how to play your toon, you can do just fine in both rated and unrated WZs. I do think these classes need to be tweeked and more utility and survivability needs to be put in place, but the skill in playing these classes is more about how to survive and maximize your uptime... which ultimately maximizes your dps. If you are a merc or commando who gets right into the middle of a fight, you are screwed. You need to stick to the outside more, hit soft targets, and always keep an eye out for where the mele are. You will see healers often targeted first. I either DPS their healz or I dps the person(s) attacking our healers. Again... I think BW needs to fix mercs/commandos, but I think the reason you are having issues with some of them is because the people who are playing them are not good and don't understand how to play smart.

If a DPS PowerTech BH is not utilizing his cylinders in certain situations to increase his survivability than he is not playing like a champ. Mercs don't get this Cylinder.

Stance dancing is pointless for Pyros. The tank stance needs a shield to work properly. You cannot reset Railshot unless you're in CGC. You're also losing a ton of passive stats if you do switch to a shield gen in the spawn or out of combat.

Its was a hint that you have problems in communication.

And that is where you should trust me ;)

I have a degree in psychology and human behavior. So ty for the advice, but i don't need it.;)

I'm just not looking to make friends on the internet.

Edited by Dmasterr

I have a degree in psychology and human behavior. So ty for the advice, but i don't need it.;)

I'm just not looking to make friends on the internet.

Yet, how come it's so important to you to get the attention of other players?

Edited by Occu_lus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.